Thrustmaster Reveal - TPR Rudder System

Jabbers_

(I will most likely be getting some foot time with these next week at E3, so standby)

Be sure to say hey when you stop by the booth.:thumbup::joystick:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Pricing and availability hasn’t been officially announced yet, but our PR contact hinted it will cost around $500 (£373).

https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Thrustmaster-TPR-Rudder-System-revealed-for-hardcore-flight-sim-fanatics

Expect that to be £500 in the UK, we seem to pay the same in £ as $ for stuff for no good reason.

-Edit... yeah I get it, shipping and warehousing... but still.

Edited by dotChuckles

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow this looks like a terrific product for 500USD, considering those large aluminum castings and those dampers/gas springs as resistance component, which is a Huuuge pluss!

Let`s hope the material quality is not totally crap as usual with TM`s high end flight products.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

KG13 Control Grip Building

Control Stick and Rudder Design

i7 8700K, Asus Z370-E, 1080 Ti, 32Gb RAM, EVO960 500Gb, Oculus CV1

.. those dampers/gas springs as resistance component, which is a Huuuge pluss!

Beta testers suggest that are not used any kind of "damper/gas", the only hint about center mechanism is that are not a very defined "central point" (Ghostrider in Check6)

Beta testers suggest that are not used any kind of "damper/gas", the only hint about center mechanism is that are not a very defined "central point" (Ghostrider in Check6)

That’s a major bummer that there is no damping mechanism.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Any word out of E3 yet? New F-18 HOTAS, Grip release date? Or are we going to be underwhelmed with just a set of Rudder pedals?:D really really hope they come through with something new!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Ditto GreekBull, I've been saying for a couple years (as others have), that TM has a real opportunity to get a paddle back in the water and to put out some new hotas stuff to compete in the space where VKB/Virpil have been dominating.

TM looks like they are taking on Bauer, Slaw, and arguably VKB/MFG in the rudder arena, but IMO Thrustmaster needs to do more than this, and needs to compete in the more critical stick and throttle aspects of the "summer of flight" arena. I'll be...temporarily happy with an F18 Hornet stick adapter, but not "sated", by any means. Hornet stick would personally tide me over for a short time in terms of Thrustmaster, I really hope we see or at least hear some news regarding a new HOTAS.

Seriously, it shouldn't be a huge deal for a large and experienced company like TM, no matter who owns it now (bonjour, my stylo est grand), to make a much, MUCH improved gimbal compared to the gong show that is/was the Warthog. I can say this as I've gone through 4 of them (ref the videos I've put up here as proof of this), and repaired/replaced parts in 3 of them so far.

A metal stick like the WH is now, with a VKB/Virpil like gimbal inside, and a new-ish throttle added on...TM would sell such things like HOTCAKES. Big time.

So, TM, give them to us, damn it.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Some footage there:

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

Yeah I will certainly buy an F/A - 18 grip to put on my Virpil base as I am determined to fully learn this module and do some combat wit it.

As far as the rudder pedals, they look really nice but can't see me replacing my Crosswinds any time soon.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Nice, but I want to know one thing above all others: do they slide on hardwood floors?

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

Nice, but I want to know one thing above all others: do they slide on hardwood floors?

Probably. Before I got a proper seat base I velcro'd my pedals to a big piece of half inch foam core art board and sat my chair on it. Worked great for rudder pedals and driving pedals.

Hardwood floors are easily managed, I don't know why this is such a "thing" tbh. Various velcro/etc and other types of solutions have always worked for me, tried it with CH, Saitek pedals (2 types), Slaw, VKB, MFG Crosswinds...never had a problem keeping pedals in place with the various tricks I've picked up on from various forums and other users.

I'm on carpet now, hah, so it's a think of the past anyway.

Want more news. More news! The gent in the video above is using the Hornet stick, in fact both stations have the Hornet stick on the WH base. I'll be happy if this becomes available shortly from TM, but to repeat, IMO they need to update their HOTAS, particularly their old and finicky (finicky is an extremely KIND word to describe it) gimbal, and fast what with the competition that is out there.

Jabbers, hear or see any rumors from TM or others about new hotas? Hope all is well man, thanks for any updates you can give us (and others there at E3 as well).

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Jabbers seems to like the new stuff:

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

I'd rather see them release a new, more sturdy base / gimbal.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I'd rather see them release a new, more sturdy base / gimbal.

Like the VPC or VKB? If yes, then why not just buy one of those?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Like the VPC or VKB? If yes, then why not just buy one of those?

I intend to, but the base alone is not yet available in Europe as far as I know.

Spoiler

https://virpil-controls.eu/vpc-mongoost-50-base.html

It seems to be in stock here at their eu website. The virpil that is. The VKB I don\t know when it will be in stock.

The Virpil would be a great choice. Same thread and connector as the Warthog also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The Virpil is unfortunately to high for me in combination with the extension I use. So I am looking to buy the VKB.

Spoiler