Yet another warthog slew upgrade

Deltaalphalima1

Thanks to everyone who has messaged me to reserve my new slew upgrade!!

Due to the number of people who want one, I guess this is a good time to announce my new website:

www.deltasimelectronics.com

It's a bit rough arroud the edges as I've only been building it in the last two days, but it should get the job done.

I will try and ship them out based on the order people have reserved them in as best I can.

If it's not loading for you yet please try again tommorow, but it should be working in most of the world.

Sold out already. :-(

I hope you make some more kits.

At the time I’m writing this I have 3 more pre-orders I can sell, I’m limiting the first batch to 30 units to try and keep it manageable, the last thing I want to do is disappoint anyone.

ah shoot i was on the fence but yeah its sold out... I'll bookmark this page. can you make a mailing list for when you will do the next batch? Im a patient guy. I mean ... i got a MFG crosswind :)

Hey just telling it like it is your doing a great job and providing a service that everyone said could not be done. The fact your making small runs where you can provide top notch service is a Big plus in my experience keep it manageable it is not your full time work but it is a job. where you must provide service and a quality product and so far that is what your doing. I would suggest when orders dwindle and it no longer pays to do it cut back on runs. Communicate with your clients/ form members and when the end comes as it all ways does let every one know well in advance before you close up shop. I wish you great success Dm:thumbup:

Thanks Deadman for the support, it means allot :)

I really appreciate the second part you said, since it is a new product there will inevitably be a few issues to work out. If we can work together to solve them and improve for the future then that’s great for everyone.

At the time I’m writing this I have 3 more pre-orders I can sell, I’m limiting the first batch to 30 units to try and keep it manageable, the last thing I want to do is disappoint anyone.

I’m doing all of this in my free evenings and weekends so there is unfortunately a limit on what I can do. With that said I will do everything I can to get them out quickly. I'm still on track for most shipping in mid June, but if I need to delay slightly because I’m not 100% happy with the product and need to make changes then I will.

Thanks Everyone!

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Hehe i sent pm really fast that i want 1, and now when i check... i see new link with preorder, and its sold out :)

Is there 1 for me to? Because didnt get a replay on my pm,

And if there is not 1 reserved for me, you gonna make more afther the chipping of june?

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Hehe i sent pm really fast that i want 1, and now when i check... i see new link with preorder, and its sold out :)

Is there 1 for me to? Because didnt get a replay on my pm,

And if there is not 1 reserved for me, you gonna make more afther the chipping of june?

Greets

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-J510FN met Tapatalk

Sorry, but if you haven’t purchased one from the website then you’re out of luck for this batch. Reserving by PM got out of hand very quickly unfortunately because of the number of people who want them, so I wasn’t able to do it that way in the end.

There will be more after this, sometime in June hopefully. I'm looking into including some sort of mailing list on the website that will notify you when they are next available.

I will post something here if/when that's available.

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Just wanted to give a quick progress update for this week;

For anyone who has pre-ordered (payment sent) my Force Sensor upgrade kit, these are nearly ready and I will be shipping them out this week!!

I have also finished the new install instructions for the Analog Thumbstick version, the process it very similar to the other version, but for anyone who is interested they are now available to download from my website.

https://deltasimelectronics.com/pages/install-instructions

Progress on my Analog Thumbstick version is still going well, the main thing slowing me down at the moment are the PCBs. They are due to ship from the manufacturer in the next few days, once they arrive with me it will be full steam ahead to get everyone’s orders processed. After that I will open back up for another batch!

Thanks guys

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

Excellent news Delta!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Are there any plans to offer a force sensing solution that also includes the push button functionality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Are there any plans to offer a force sensing solution that also includes the push button functionality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at the moment unfortunately.

There are no commercially available all in one solutions that have a force sensor and push button that I have ever found, let alone at an "affordable" price point.

As far as I know, the real A-10 doesn’t have an push button. The F-15 does but it uses a bizarre arrangement where the entire force sensor slides back into the throttle to press a switch, more info here http://www.f15sim.com/tech/throttle.html

Even if I could make something like that fit in the throttle, it would massively increase complexity and therefore cost.

I also don't really like the idea of having to push directly onto the sensor for a button. I can’t see how you operate it without moving the sensor in an undesired direction.

I personally much prefer having a separate button somewhere else on the throttle, but that does require some modifications and soldering which I know allot of people are not so comfortable with.

If anyone has any more information on how any of the real aircraft work that they can share, I would love to know.

The A-10 Slew has the same push button set up as picture in the F-15. even though it is not listed as being used at this time the T.O lists it for future use.

It is not complicated the entire switch move back just a bit press on a lever that triggers the push button.

Edited by Deadman

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Even if I could make something like that fit in the throttle, it would massively increase complexity and therefore cost.

Is there enough room inside a redesigned slew hat for a tact switch? (2 piece print to sandwich the switch in). Since the force sensor post does not move (much) you can run the wires back past the sensor post into the body. Maybe need to retract the sensor into the throttle body another mm or two?

https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Omron-Electronics/B3U-1000P?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgGjVA3toVBD%252bqDoRYvPtZBt73XVLWoZs%3d

1.6mm total height.

I have the force sensing kit built in my throttle. I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for? I never used it on the A-10C.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Deltaalphalima1 you should reopen the pre-orders, i'd like to get one even if I have to wait a few months for it

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for?

I currently use it as my center TrackIR button. In the past, I've used it as the lock target button in the Ka-50 and the cancel lock button in the Su-27. It's useful as a single push button if you're not using the slew cursor.

I have the force sensing kit built in my throttle. I never missed the push-button it doesn't have. What would one use it for? I never used it on the A-10C.

I think this mostly came up because the Hornet does have one and it's used for target selection I believe. The A-10 has a TMS for all that stuff so it's not needed. Depending of which aircraft you fly I guess it's more important for some people than others.

I have found some nice switches which should fit well as a modification on the throttle, I will post something on that soon.

Deltaalphalima1 you should reopen the pre-orders, i'd like to get one even if I have to wait a few months for it

I will soon. I just want to get some units out first as a bit of a test before commiting to anything. This way I can get some feedback and others can make a more informed choice.

I will soon. I just want to get some units out first as a bit of a test before commiting to anything. This way I can get some feedback and others can make a more informed choice.

Sign me up. I'll be a part of the beta test crew, if that's going to be a thing. Also, I second the pre-order request too. I hate that nipple. It slips too easily and the Hornet doesn't have a TDC slew control that's mappable so I have to use the TMS hat on my stick right now, which kills the immersion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

537 Mongo
CO vVF-161 Fightin' Stingrays
Check us out on the web!

Sign me up. I'll be a part of the beta test crew, if that's going to be a thing. Also, I second the pre-order request too. I hate that nipple. It slips too easily and the Hornet doesn't have a TDC slew control that's mappable so I have to use the TMS hat on my stick right now, which kills the immersion.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

There's no beta test group. Delta setup a pre-order site for 30 units. All have been sold. Pre-orders will open again once the first orders are finished.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

I hate that nipple. It slips too easily and the Hornet doesn't have a TDC slew control that's mappable so I have to use the TMS hat on my stick right now, which kills the immersion.

Just an FYI for everyone to avoid any confusion, my upgrade kit won't solve the issues with the Hornet TDC until ED add a mappable axis.

Fingers crossed it won't be too long of a wait :)

Also been working on adding a extra switch button to my throttle this weekend (the need for the Hornet TDC pushed me over the edge) to connect to my Force Sensor Upgrade Adapter PCB.

I'm using an APEM IPR3SAD6104 Momentary Push button switch.

It's a very nice switch with good tactile feedback, but not too loud or clicky.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/push-button-switches/4994527/

The only issue it's quite big. It needs a 14mm hole to be drilled into the throttle, which makes it all quite a challenge as most drills won’t even hold a 14mm drill bit. I ended up carefully enlarging an 8mm hole with a sharp knife until it was the right size. The switch bezel covers all the rough edges nicely. Overall I'm very pleased with the result, but I would not recommend this particular switch unless you are very confident drilling and cutting a new large hole in your throttle. Go for something smaller.

attachment.php?attachmentid=186418&stc=1&d=1528029232

attachment.php?attachmentid=186419&stc=1&d=1528029232

IMG_20180603_131844.thumb.jpg.1d75648de66d74398b47f0f229403050.jpg

IMG_20180603_131816.thumb.jpg.cfa031566f38b55a8122152b6babd680.jpg

I currently use it as my center TrackIR button. In the past, I've used it as the lock target button in the Ka-50 and the cancel lock button in the Su-27. It's useful as a single push button if you're not using the slew cursor.

I use mine for PTT on Teamspeak/Discord and the shifted layer for PTT on SimpleRadio (SRS).

I dont use the slew at all because its so bad. I even have the 3D printed concave finger rest on it, not the nipple and even though its better than the nipple it still sucks so i dont use it at all.

For me, I think the push button functionality of it can go away, its not a problem.

I'd like to use the push button as a separate button though, like others have done.

Ideally a really small button on top of the slew (between the slew and the top part of the throttle).

You would have to remove the finger from the slew to access it, so I wonder if thats effective as target selection but seems like a good place to put it for other functions, like talking.

Currently use COMM FWD as target selection and COMM AFT as deselection. In all A2A airplanes, so TDC PUSH on F/A-18 is set to COMM FWD. Then use TMS UP and DOWN as radar antenna elevation. DMS as slew.

In all A2G I use the COMMS FWD as zoom in and AFT as zoom out and TMS UP as lock.

Proud owner of DCS: FC3, A-10C Warthog, F-14A/B Tomcat, F-5E Tiger, Mig21bis Fishbed, Mirage 2000C, Nevada Test Site, Normandy, Ka-50 Black Shark, Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle, Bf 109 K-4 Kurfurst, FW 190 D-9 Dora, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-51D Mustang Combined Arms, Hawk T.1A, L-39 Albatros, NS 430 Nav System, F-86F Sabre, MiG-15bis, AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL, F/A-18C Hornet, Yak-52 and the mighty AJS-37 Viggen! :music_whistling:

Locking a target on A/A radar like the real jet?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Locking a target on A/A radar like the real jet?

That explains why I never needed it. A-10C has no A/A radar.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack