Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

This is great work, you've really understood the needs of the community at a squadron level and met it with a useful tool.

Thanks, glad you're finding it useful. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I've been thinking about this for a while.

What I'd like to be able to do is spawn ejected pilots but that doesn't seem possible.

An alternative is to mod the c130 to drop bombs with a parachute, remove the bomb before it hits and make them soldiers.

The third option which I can do easily is make it so if you press drop troops, and you're above a certain height, the soldiers will spawn in a line following your flight. I'd delay the spawn for the amount of time it would take them to descend.

Does anyone know what the interval between soldier jumps from a large aircraft would be or the descent rate of a parachutist? Would soldiers ever parachute from a helicopter?

An alternative for helis is fast ropes. So if you're hovering, below a certain height, the soldiers will be dropped below you. How's that sound?

Oh Wow... Thank you so much for the expanded work you have done on Geloxo's original concept! Collaborative efforts like this really do bring the game to the next level and are deeply appreciated by non-coding mission builders like myself. Thank you.

I just read all pages of this thread and the post above stopped me dead in my tracks... IF paratroopers could be simulated in any reasonable fashion, it would certainly offer a new level of gameplay across all modules of the DCS platform. I have been begging for this for some time now: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94320&highlight=paratroopers

I am certainly bookmarking this thread in the hopes something like this might come to fruition ... the gameplay options for the DoW WWII server would certianly expand! :thumbup:

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

I read through all the documentation and looked through this thread here, I just couldn´t figure out how to activate or built a FOB.

FOBs can be built by loading special FOB crates from a Logistics unit into a C-130 or other large aircraft configured in the script. To load the crate use the F10 - Troop Commands Menu. The idea behind FOBs is to make player vs player missions even more dynamic as these can be deployed in most locations. Once destroyed the FOB can no longer be used.

If there is an option to create FOB crates at "logistics" I simply don´t get this option?

Maybe someone could give me a hint? Thanks.

Do I have to add the Mi-8Mt to the lines of this table in order to built FOBs with Mi-8s?

Like this?

ctld.vehicleTransportEnabled = {
   "76MD", -- the il-76 mod doesnt use a normal - sign so il-76md wont match... !!!! GRR
   "C-130",
   "Mi-8MT",
}

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

I read through all the documentation and looked through this thread here, I just couldn´t figure out how to activate or built a FOB.

If there is an option to create FOB crates at "logistics" I simply don´t get this option?

Maybe someone could give me a hint? Thanks.

Do I have to add the Mi-8Mt to the lines of this table in order to built FOBs with Mi-8s?

Like this?

ctld.vehicleTransportEnabled = {
   "76MD", -- the il-76 mod doesnt use a normal - sign so il-76md wont match... !!!! GRR
   "C-130",
   "Mi-8MT",
}

The edit you've made is exactly right.

I've created a small test mission which does exactly what you want, attached is also the edited CTLD and i've highlighted where the model is for the FOB Crate if you want to change it for your mission. Just search SNAFU.

A Logistics unit is anything listed in ctld.logisticUnits and is where you can load normal or the special FOB crates. In the mission you'll see that I've used a warehouse as the logistics unit but any static can be used.

Hope this helps! Send me some screenshots if you get one built :)

mi8-FOB.miz

CTLD.lua

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Oh Wow... Thank you so much for the expanded work you have done on Geloxo's original concept! Collaborative efforts like this really do bring the game to the next level and are deeply appreciated by non-coding mission builders like myself. Thank you.

I just read all pages of this thread and the post above stopped me dead in my tracks... IF paratroopers could be simulated in any reasonable fashion, it would certainly offer a new level of gameplay across all modules of the DCS platform. I have been begging for this for some time now: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94320&highlight=paratroopers

I am certainly bookmarking this thread in the hopes something like this might come to fruition ... the gameplay options for the DoW WWII server would certianly expand! :thumbup:

I've tried many times at getting the pilot model with parachute to spawn without success... but as I said earlier in the thread, making troops appear on the ground behind your flight path can be done quite easily now. The only thing im not sure on is what time delay there should be between pressing jump and the troops appearing on the ground. Do you know how long it takes parachutes to touch down at a certain height?

If you ever have a modded C-47 and make it drop training bombs, I could also spawn the troops where the training bombs hit for a WW2 feel :) The bombs would disappear when they hit the ground so you wouldn't see them.

The edit you've made is exactly right.

I've created a small test mission which does exactly what you want, attached is also the edited CTLD and i've highlighted where the model is for the FOB Crate if you want to change it for your mission. Just search SNAFU.

A Logistics unit is anything listed in ctld.logisticUnits and is where you can load normal or the special FOB crates. In the mission you'll see that I've used a warehouse as the logistics unit but any static can be used.

Hope this helps! Send me some screenshots if you get one built :)

Thanks for the hint. Works now. Before I edited it with "Mi-8MT", no joy, but your "8MT" did it.

Also edited the vehicle the Transports can load, so the Mi-8 can only load a UAZ for taking a ride through town... ;)

3.thumb.jpg.2f6e7015a7cbc54ceb92575e596f45c9.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.e8abd69efcea8e388c7c323106d56327.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.77fb9ad40afdf257c87149ede5c905ac.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.08befebce8ffe2bd18e7f84b4ffd13f8.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

Awesome. Glad that worked!

There's something funny about the - symbol, as it doesn't always match which I assume is a character encoding problem and very annoying!

Nice screenshots, glad you managed to edit the crate shape ok as well! :)

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.27

Change log:

• Small Change as requested - Ability to limit the number of times you can load troops from a pickup zone

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Specific part about zone limits: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD#pickup-and-dropoff-zones-setup

Make sure you have the latest MIST (3.7.51)!

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

Hi, I added 8MT to the ctld.vehicleTransportEnabled. Now, I can load/unload FOB and vehicles, but. I don´t have in F10 menu options to slingload other vehicles (like hawk, stinger, and many other wich I manually added there). It is possible to have possibility for loading FOBs and slingload crates?

EDIT

I think, that I found it. Rewrite one false to true

if ctld.enableCrates then

if ctld.unitCanCarryVehicles(_unit) == true then

-- add menu for spawning crates

I think, that I am now able to load/transport vehicles, FOBs, or slingload crates (hawks, m109....)

Edited by lukynoo92

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

I've tried many times at getting the pilot model with parachute to spawn without success... but as I said earlier in the thread, making troops appear on the ground behind your flight path can be done quite easily now. The only thing im not sure on is what time delay there should be between pressing jump and the troops appearing on the ground. Do you know how long it takes parachutes to touch down at a certain height?

If you ever have a modded C-47 and make it drop training bombs, I could also spawn the troops where the training bombs hit for a WW2 feel :) The bombs would disappear when they hit the ground so you wouldn't see them.

T-10 parachute drops at 22 - 24 feet per second so if your paratrooper plane must be set for 10,000' then time to ground should be about 7 minutes from drop. T-10 had min altitude of 500 ' so shortest time would be 21 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-10_parachute

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Is it possible to have movable crates? I think that, I will transport some tanks to the battlefield. And then, I unpack it, so are they able to move to the closest enemy, like troops? Or they will be staying at the same place. Is it possible to edit their behavior? And other question: after battle, is it possible to pack that moved vehicles into crates and transport them back to the base.

MSI Z370 GAMING PLUS, i5 8600K, MSI GTX 1080 GamingX, 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz, 500 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD

Hi, I added 8MT to the ctld.vehicleTransportEnabled. Now, I can load/unload FOB and vehicles, but. I don´t have in F10 menu options to slingload other vehicles (like hawk, stinger, and many other wich I manually added there). It is possible to have possibility for loading FOBs and slingload crates?

EDIT

I think, that I found it. Rewrite one false to true

if ctld.enableCrates then

if ctld.unitCanCarryVehicles(_unit) == true then

-- add menu for spawning crates

I think, that I am now able to load/transport vehicles, FOBs, or slingload crates (hawks, m109....)

Nice! yeah thats what you would have to change to get the menu if you enabled it to transport vehicles :)

T-10 parachute drops at 22 - 24 feet per second so if your paratrooper plane must be set for 10,000' then time to ground should be about 7 minutes from drop. T-10 had min altitude of 500 ' so shortest time would be 21 seconds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-10_parachute

Thanks! Its on my TODO list now to make the C-130/ IL-76 able to do a parachute troop drop then. :)

I could even make the vehicles a parachute drop as well as I'm sure i've seen a picture of some light vehicles being chucked out of a c-130...

Is it possible to have movable crates? I think that, I will transport some tanks to the battlefield. And then, I unpack it, so are they able to move to the closest enemy, like troops? Or they will be staying at the same place. Is it possible to edit their behavior? And other question: after battle, is it possible to pack that moved vehicles into crates and transport them back to the base.

You can currently load and unload the crates as many times as you like but once the vehicle is unpacked you can't repack it. It's an idea i've toyed with before and wouldn't actually be that hard to do in theory.

You have to command the unpacked vehicle once dropped as it won't run off like the troops towards the targets unless an enemy is right by it. I did that on purpose as then the ground commander can send it off to the right place and if you drop a JTAC unit it wont blindly drive towards the enemy.

But, how can I command unpacked vehicle. Who and where is ground commander

Ground commander is a multiplayer slot you can add that allows a player to control ground vehicles or you can command them yourself, while staying in the helicopter as long as you have the Combined Arms module

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/dcs_combined_arms/

Hope that helps! :)

New version of the CTLD Script v.1.29

Breaking Change!

If you're updating a mission to use this new version, made sure you've set the coalition side correctly on the pickup and dropoff zones and that the zone is marked as active or you won't be able to load troops.

Change log:

• Ability to Repair damaged HAWK systems in the field, even if parts have been destroyed using a repair crate
  • Ability to enable/disable pickup zones using triggers - Done by Steggles. Thanks! - https://github.com/Bob7heBuilder
  • Drop Off zones now configured per coalition
  • Pickup zones configured per coalition
  • Fixed smoke for Drop off zones

The two new mission editor functions added by Steggles are:

• ctld.activatePickupZone("Zone Name") - Will enable troop pickup from a zone
  • ctld.deactivatePickupZone("Zone Name") - Will disable troop pickup from a zone

Please see Readme and Github for latest code and how to use

Link:https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

Make sure you have the latest MIST (3.7.51)!

As always, please let me know if you have any issues or suggestions!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry guys looks like CTLD isn't working with DCS 1.5...

Issue is I can't get a group from a unit.

The code unit:getGroup() isnt working for some reason. I'll keep working on it!

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 1

Good news, should have a complete working version that will work for 1.5 and 1.2 with radio beacons.

Just saw small tweaks this morning and I'll release this afternoon. :)

Special thanks to Grimes for the help!