FYI -- DCS Forums Blocked By McAfee

Wrecking Crew

FYI, happened mid-day today --

My work has blocked DCS Forums as a Malicious Site with a McAfee Security Rating = Red.

"The website you are trying to access is not available ... because it falls under a McAfee SiteAdvisor blocked site category."

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Weird:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/http%3A//forums.eagle.ru

Everything shows green but the forums.eagle.ru

But eagle.ru shows up green all around:

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/eagle.ru

Edited by txmtb

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Mcafee

Says it all.

:)

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

• 2 years later...

I don't know if this was ever resolved, but it's now 2016 and forum.eagle.ru is still listed as dangerous by McAfee.

Sent from soul-sucking dumb-phone thru Tapier-Talk

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 1 month later...

mmmmnyeah, no comment about John McAfee.

I don't know exactly since when, but my last post about this was on Feb. 8, 2016 and today McAfee no longer evaluates eagle.ru as dangerous!! Whoever is responsible for this, many thanks :thumbup:

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Don't run McAfee. Problem solved.

Or disable that part.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 5 months later...

I don't seem to be able to convince my company's Global IT of that idea ;)

Anyway, in the meantime McAfee has stopped being quite so paranoid :)

Sent from soul-sucking dumb-phone thru Tapier-Talk

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

I don't seem to be able to convince my company's Global IT of that idea ;)

Then don't use company equipment for personal stuff.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

McAfee... wasn't that the guy who started shooting at cops and then apologized while having a friendly smoke with them - saying something along the lines of "I thought it was my ex-wife --who wouldn't start shooting then?"

Dunno, but I wouldn't install anything with his name on my computer. And I'd probably get on IT department's nerves unless they switched to another product in my company as well. :D

Dunno, but I wouldn't install anything with his name on my computer. And I'd probably get on IT department's nerves unless they switched to another product in my company as well. :D

The last place I worked in IT was using McAfee but that has been many years ago now. Back then I disliked them less than Norton so I didn't mind so much.

FYI, happened mid-day today --

My work has blocked DCS Forums as a Malicious Site with a McAfee Security Rating = Red.

"The website you are trying to access is not available ... because it falls under a McAfee SiteAdvisor blocked site category."

WC

Prolly because you spend too much time on the forums at work, and the supervisor had the IT Guy block it... We blocked facebook etc on our LAN and WiFi...

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The last place I worked in IT was using McAfee but that has been many years ago now. Back then I disliked them less than Norton so I didn't mind so much.

I've had bad run in's with both...

So did my high school, their Norton Business "Firewall" was the equivalent of trying to block the invading viking army with a cigarette lighter..

The school system refused to upgrade until someone staged a wee bit of a demonstration.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Prolly because you spend too much time on the forums at work, and the supervisor had the IT Guy block it... We blocked facebook etc on our LAN and WiFi...

If a non-business site is being accessed too often then that is the appropriate response.

I can't say I like any antivirus software. Guess it's the "lesser of many evils" approach that one has to take. ;)

Probably was because HTTP Websites will be labeled as “Unsafe” in the near future. But will this forum be HTTPS?

I've switched a few sites to HTTPS since Let's Encrypt went into public beta and it was accepted by all major browsers (via some kind of cross-signing with a pre-existing CA or some such) and have received zero problem reports so far. Nowadays HTTPS really shouldn't be a problem at all.