HUD target designation

BarTzi

When you switch to A/G mode, have no weapons selected, and set your HUD as SOI, you can use WEAPONS RELEASE to designate a target using your hud (can be slewed with the TDC).

However, when you select and then deselect an air to ground weapon in the stores page you can never designate another target again that way.

Track attached (after selecting and then deselecting one of the bombs, I hit Weapons Release again but can't get the target designation to work).

Looks like an edge case, but I would love to hear more from the devs.

HUD Target designation not working.trk

Its because when you select a weapon its set to CCIP. To designate another target you need to set your weapons mode to AUTO. When you then sensor select your HUD you will get a ball and chain and from there you can designate. Remember to press the undesignate/nosewheel steering button every time you want to redesignate.

Edited by Druid_

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Its because when you select a weapon its set to CCIP. To designate another target you need to set your weapons mode to AUTO. When you then sensor select your HUD you will get a ball and chain and from there you can designate. Remember to press the undesignate/nosewheel steering button every time you want to redesignate.

The same happens when you load AGM-65G's only, and those missiles don't have CCRP/CCIP. As I said- I didn't select any weapon (check the track) and was able to designate a target using the hud (no ball and chain symbology involved)

Edited by BarTzi

That doesnt seem to respond to his post. I think he is talking about the fact that you can do something (hud designate) and then for no reason you cant do it again.

However, I cant replicate this issue. Maybe try a repair?

That's exactly why I'm reporting this.

Here the hornet has no weapons, and still with HUD as SOI and in A/G mode I'm able (by simply using weapons release) to access this mode, which allows me to designate a target. There are no ball and chain. This is not CCRP related.

If I have a weapon on board, and I select it and then deselect it (going back to square one, as shown in the track file ) I will never be able to access the mode mentioned above. This is why I'm reporting this.

@Jameswfm - can you designate with your hud the same way, or you can't at all?

Edited by BarTzi