Takeoff not working

m1tp2king

It takes a split second to switch from holding brakes to turning on special AB. That has never affected my ability to take off.

Yes, sometimes the plane dips a lot and I can't comment about how realistic that is. But then again, I haven't seen a video of a fully armed Su-33 taking off and even if it was we don't know what fuel they have on board. With an empty plane you soar off the front of the ramp even without using special AB, looks pretty much like the real life vids.

The only thing that causes take-off difficulty in DCS is poor mission/carrier setup. If the carrier is moving at decent speed into the wind, position 1 and 2 take-offs are perfectly doable with the right procedure, full missile load 80% fuel.

It's impossible that every time a Su-33 takes off from the carrier in real life, the plane is just some centimeters away from sinking into the sea, as happens in DCS. There are lots of videos of Su-33 in YT. Yes, usually empty load or just 4 missiles in the plane, but it can be seen that the planes have a decent rate of climb after they left the sky jump.

The problem is, actually in DCS you are not taking off when the engines are giving the 100% of power they can. The special brake doesn't hold the plane any more once AB is engaged, so you must release the brakes when the plane starts moving even if the AB is not giving full power yet, and you start rolling and have to look the exact moment the lights of the AB lights in order of press the button of emergency afterburner... Is a mess, and unrealistic, since in real life, the system is different. The chocks of the deck are holding the plane all the time and the plane doesn't start moving until the engines are given every single drop of power they can.

I agree what we have is fiddly and unrealistic, and I would love a proper upgraded Kuznetsov with working deck chocks.

But I think you're exaggerating the problem. Yes, the brakes won't hold you on full AB but they will on 100% RPM. Let the engine spool up there then push the throttle the rest of the way: the AB lights come on just before the plane moves. A quick bit of finger work and you've turned on special AB and, as I said, only lost a fraction of a second of maximum power.

In the Instant Action take-off mission the plane soars and climbs off the ramp just like in the real life videos.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

• 1 month later...

Why the ramp 3 even if in the mission editor is selected in mp it is not possible to take off, put the aircraft on ramp 1 or 2, and if I position on ramp 3 and ask for takeoff the ship opens the firewall 1 or 2... why?

Ciao

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro