High efective 109 coolers

Little_D

Hi gents,

i know from books and from the red 7 pilot that the cooling system from the 109 was very effective, but was it so effective, that you need to close the cooler manuel in a dive from 4000 to the deck and still end up with 40 degrees,

water when you dive without throttle? Also in the landing pattern till tuchdown i have to close the cooler manuel and still go down 40 degrees water.

Landing pattern are at 2000 2500 rpm by manuel 12 a clock proppitch gear and flaps out speed between 300 and 250 Km/ till final.

regards

Little_D

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

Wheter its correct or not, DCS seem to differ from all previous flight sims I have flown with when it comes to coolant temperature... it goes up and down far more quickly then I was used to.

I can only guess its probably more correct though. Those systems generate an awful lot of heat, the exhangers (radiators) are fairly big and the coolant is circulated very fast in the sytem too... just guesswork, though, but what if in the model the heat exchange is happening without time considerations, i.e. cooling/heating is immidiate, rather than taking some time to take effect...?

After all it takes some time to boil 70 liters of water and glykol that circulates (and cools) all the time, even if you have a cc 1000 kW boiler... same goes for cooling. Just because engine is idling and does not generate heat, the metal is still very hot.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.