Runaway engine on startup

Phil73805

Hi all, in response to a lack of friendly fighters on Blue Flag and the slaughter that followed, I decided to bite the bullet and come up with profile for the F-15C for the Warthog and learn to fly it. While testing my profile, I started up an engine...which then jumped to afterburner until I moved the throttle at which point it seemed to remember that it was at idle not full.

Any idea how I can correct that?

Edited by Phil73805

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

I started up an engine...which then jumped to afterburner until I moved the throttle at which point it seemed to remember that it was at idle not full.

I already reported similar behavior:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=225904

I was under the impression that the cause is in my system or my HOTAS at least but it's not as I see.

I have yet to see an answer to this. My temporary solution is to just touch the stick a little after starting the first mission - that alone synchronizes the game with my HOTAS setting. All is fine until next game session.

Funny thing, F-15C in DCS can actually start engine even when not at idle contrary to every other FC3 aircraft.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Move the throttle forward and back to idle before you start up, just to make sure the game knows where your controllers actually are.

Yes, I’ll have to do that. Though it’s noteworthy that I clicked the menu option for the sim to check/match my controls from the start, this doesn’t seem to work for FC3.

Is this a report-worthy bug?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

Sync can only match DCS to what DirectInput API has to say. When controller hasn't been moved DirectInput doesn't know the status so it can't tell DCS.

OK, understood, but now what does the sync option actually do? If the controller has been moved then DCS has to sync with it anyway, so what is the difference between sync option on and off?

thanks

Found this explanation about "HOTAS synch on startup" option:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1118160&postcount=14

Apparently it's not how it is now.

Do you also have wrong position when going to "Axis tune"? I have to move the throttle and only then it jumps to the proper position.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria