Ir mav uncage?

Harlikwin

Im trying to fly the fire brigade mission. I get to the bridge, get the dmt on the t72. Mavs wont uncage. I have the ir cool switch on, mavs show ready, no mav flir screen. Mavs are fuzed for D1 (what is yhe differnece?) Master arm is on. Is there someething im missing with the tpod? Sidearms work and fire.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

What MPCD are you suing for the DMT? Which one for the Maverick?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

What MPCD are you suing for the DMT? Which one for the Maverick?

Right one for the DMT. L is set to stores. When I have done this on other mission when I uncage the mav it uses left for the IR picture.

At this point nothing happens when I hit uncage.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Are you facing the target when you uncage?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Got it turn on with fuzing set to IN.

Have you made them ready? As in let them cool down for 3 minutes..

The IR cool switch is for the sidewinders.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

IR cool switch is only a back up for AIM-9, nothing to do with any other IR system.

To whom it may concern,

Chuck needs to up date his guide because in there it says to flip the switch when employing ir mavs. I always used to then I forgot and they still fired that's the only way I found out.

If you mean the 'IR COOL' switch, no Chuck's guide does not say to do that with regard to the IRMV.

I'm not sure about the fuse issue, but I didn't implement the last update, bc of some other issues which crept in with it. But I'm not setting the fuse and it's working as described in Chuck's Guide.

I'm wondering if Harlikwin's issue is that the IRMV's have not cooled down yet; they take about 3 minutes, but you start their cooling far in advance of using them. When the are not yet cooled-down, in the STRS MPCD page at the bottom left it will display STBY/TONE and in the HUD to the right 'n IRMV' will blink.

In fact, it's the first group of steps Chuck lists.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Chuck needs to up date his guide because in there it says to flip the switch when employing ir mavs. I always used to then I forgot and they still fired that's the only way I found out.

Done. Please check the rev dated December 9, 2018.

-Updated AIM-9 missile procedure (removed IR COOL step)

-Updated IRMV & LMAV missile procedures (fuzing added)