2013 Virtual Hawgsmoke

Snoopy

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never got an e-mail, but i'll check the sqd thread.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

We don't need to do it from the server mate. i can do it as a spectator.

We'll chat offline. tonight on my TS perhaps?

'T'

Yeah...as soon as I hit submit I thought the same thing...

What time, I'm meeting with a couple members of the 25th to discuss scoring ideas around 2000Z, what about tomorrow evening your time around 2000Z that way you're not wasting time waiting for me if it takes longer than expected tonight?

Yeah...as soon as I hit submit I thought the same thing...

What time, I'm meeting with a couple members of the 25th to discuss scoring ideas around 2000Z, what about tomorrow evening your time around 2000Z that way you're not wasting time waiting for me if it takes longer than expected tonight?

Tomorrow at 2000z it is,np.

regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

I just created a patch for =STP=

Patch.png

Nice...you need to give me directions on how to create a patch that looks that good in photoshop :D

The initial draft of the vHawgsmoke SOP is in work...hope to have available by Friday but no promises. Soon after that and the mission are finalized I'd like to try to schedule a "meet and greet" on TS with Squadron Commanders to answer any questions that may pop up from the SOP. I'm trying to keep it generalized (since we all do things a little different) and simple enough to remember but keep things running smooth and "safe".

I've never flown Falcon but one thing I have noticed is that community seems to be much tighter, hoping that this (vHawgsmoke) will be the first step in more community wide / vSquadron type interaction! At least the start of an annual vHawgsmoke.

Nice...you need to give me directions on how to create a patch that looks that good in photoshop :D

Oh man.. it took the whole day and it's the 12nd version because everyone had something to complain. :doh:

By the way I'm using Paint.net not Photoshop. :thumbup:

Those that have expressed interest please check post 1 and make sure I have your Squadron name correct as well as if you provided a patch/shield it is included in the main image.

Thanks! Planning is coming along well and the SOP should be done by Friday.

Also, be advised TARs use will be required.

Also, be advised TARs use will be required.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Simulatori: DCS A-10C II Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - DCS F-16C - VRS F/A-18E - 
HOTAS: TM Warthog - Cougar \ HP Reverb G2 \ WinWing Panels

Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.

If this is the case and people Fraps it then I will gladly link the material from the TARS website.

Oh yes, fraps will be running on my machine (and many more I'm sure). We use TARs for 100% of our flights within the 25th, it's even a requirement to be a full member.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine flying DCS without TARs anymore!

Oh yes, fraps will be running on my machine (and many more I'm sure). We use TARs for 100% of our flights within the 25th, it's even a requirement to be a full member.

Honestly, I couldn't imagine flying DCS without TARs anymore!

So true!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

I believe that as english motherlanguage people will keep communications simple and clear, and everyone will use as much as possible brevities, everything should be easy for anyone :). Also, I'm sure that no-one will check for grammar... (... ,isn't it? :p)

Maybe, for people that can't speak english at all, would be possible to let them be wingmans (their leader provide comms)?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Most radio calls will be made by the lead, the only individual calls will be when on the range, all are outlined in the SOP so once that is released that should clear up any questions.

EDIT...

Need Squadron shields/patches from the following:

5EVC PopovQc

Thanks!

Edited by Snoopy

EDIT...

Need Squadron shields/patches from the following:

33rd ABW

Virtual 9th

5EVC PopovQc

Thanks!

Posted it here: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1375598&postcount=67

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ariescon.com

Intel i7-6700K | 32GB RAM | NVIDIA GTX 1080 | 1TB m.2 SSD | TM Warthog | Logitech G-35 | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit | 3 monitor setup @5760x1080 | Occulus Rift

Got it thanks!

I know Tyger volunteered the 74th's livestream channel anyone else willing to broadcast? I created one for th 25th vFS (25thvfsDraggins) last night so we'll be broadcasting as well.

Anyone that is willing to broadcast on their channel let me know, I'm going to include that in the SOP so folks know where they can go to watch during the event.

If i understand it correctly, will there not be just one pilot flying at any one time? if this is the case then why the need for multiple sources?

We'll chat later as arranged, but my sincere advice is to have single source from proven hardware. It is not the channel that is important ironically, but the hardware and the configuration of all the software to ensure that what is being 'streamed' is HD abnd HQ. not that easy to do to be frank.

I also think that the stream/s should be taken áway'from livestream via custom popout pages. This reduces overall bandwidth overheads for those viewing due to negating a million and one things happening in the background from the livestream channel, ie rotation of videos, advertisements etc.

As i said, we'll talk later.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

If i understand it correctly, will there not be just one pilot flying at any one time? if this is the case then why the need for multiple sources?

We'll chat later as arranged, but my sincere advice is to have single source from proven hardware. It is not the channel that is important ironically, but the hardware and the configuration of all the software to ensure that what is being 'streamed' is HD abnd HQ. not that easy to do to be frank.

I also think that the stream/s should be taken áway'from livestream via custom popout pages. This reduces overall bandwidth overheads for those viewing due to negating a million and one things happening in the background from the livestream channel, ie rotation of videos, advertisements etc.

As i said, we'll talk later.

Regards

'T'

Sounds good...

To be clear there will not be just 1 jet at the range at a time but one flight (4 ship) working the range just as is done real world.

If the schedule works out the way we're planning there will be 3 squadrons on the server at once.

1 at the airbase on startup/awaiting takeoff

1 inbound to and conducting range ops (where the judges will be viewing)

1 departing the range, inbound to the airbase

Edited by Snoopy