Something new from CH Products...

Military grade components ... sure to be priced above flight sim pricing. Are there any official plans to release lower quality (= lower cost) components?

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

AFAIK these are not commercialy avaiable for the common of mortals.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

VISTA, California (October 28, 2009) – CH Products, LLC (www.chproducts.com) today announces new High Fidelity Controllers for Military Desktop Simulation applications.

Simulated desktops, huh? Harsh times, when we are even running out of wood...

87.136.1_01_b02.jpg

On a more serious note: I hope they'll release some more substantial informations and some photos soon.

Logitech - A10 replica (sort of) (F16 stick)

Thrustmaster - A10 replica (F16 stick)

CH - A10 replica (F16 stick)

Saitek - F16 replica stick

Why does everyone have such a hard-on for the F16 stick? ;)

Great Question!

F-15C or F/A-18 stick please!

Aero

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

...or maybe it has to do with a certain simulation coming up that features a certain stick that just happens to be very similar to the one used on the F-16?

I'm just asking... :)

Good times and thanks Ghost for posting.

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Cougar's are nice and sturdy, but can you really call them "military grade"?

Yes

raytheon-cockpit.jpg

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

They are used on the armed forces, with a modification from TM but I hear they still complain about it.

My PC specs below:

Great Question!

Aero

Because the F-16 style HOTAS offers many more buttons than the other fighter jet setups.

Compare the one on F-18/f-15 and F-16/A-10. 3 buttons and 2 hats versus 4 buttons and 4 hats. That just on the stick.

Add in a split throttle to that and youll get the sweetest combo you can get.

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

No thats incorrect the TM Cougar(and TM FLCS+TQS) is a F-16 Hotas, CH also did their own Hotas similar to an F-16 one but not the same. TM is also doing an A-10C Hotas which has a split throttle, CH is also doing an A-10C Hotas with split throttle. Neither Saitek or Logitechs Hotas look anything like an F-16 Hotas both have a split throttle and both are more scifi type Hotas but with split throttle. The Suncom Hotas is a F-15 Hotas with a split throttle. Ideally you want a Hotas with Hall sensors as they last longer than pots. The main advantages of the F-16 Block 52 Hotas is that it works perfectly with F-16 sims in Falcon the TMS, DMS and most of the submodes for the Hotas work I think the A-10C would have the same advantages but the F-16s one is better for both A/A and A/G.

Edited by SUBS17

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Actualy the stick on the new X65F has almost exactly the same number of buttons and hats, in similar positions as the ones on the F-16 stick.

Besides he was only talking about design inspired -- but not equal to-- F-16 sticks.

My PC specs below:

I was under the impression that the CH split throttle was not a consumer level HOTAS and that it may not be available to the public. So why list it along side of all these other products that will be consumer level? Apples to oranges?

Will the CH be a consumer product or not? Any one of you CH guys have the scoop on that? Would love to know. It is great to see so much happening with controllers out there.

Oh and surprise! The armed forces complain about their hardware....no this can't be true.

Out

Great Question!

Aero

Suncom made an F-15 Hotas with split throttle but you would need to upgrade it to USB if you bought one. You can also buy military grade Hornet and F-15 Hotas that will probably work with a home PC but would be quite expensive.

Heres an example of a Suncom Hotas upgrade:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=27496

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

I was under the impression that the CH split throttle was not a consumer level HOTAS and that it may not be available to the public. So why list it along side of all these other products that will be consumer level? Apples to oranges?

Will the CH be a consumer product or not? Any one of you CH guys have the scoop on that? Would love to know. It is great to see so much happening with controllers out there.

Oh and surprise! The armed forces complain about their hardware....no this can't be true.

Out

When you look in detail at the info at the CH forums, the A-10C controls CH is working on is for the military and not a consumer product. They may in the future decide to bring out a consumer version, but they neither confirm or deny it. So to say in anyway right now that Ch is coming out with something new for the consumer market is only speculation.

When you look in detail at the info at the CH forums, the A-10C controls CH is working on is for the military and not a consumer product....

Begs the Question - what Qualifies a product 'Military' as opposed to 'Consumer'?

Aesthetics aside, I cannot begin to fathom why the HOTAS currently available will not be suitable for the purpose for which it is destined, be it the default CH or Thrustmaster setup......Unless the 'Military Product is a 'Dumbed-Down' version and hence more cost-effective.

Only conclusion one could possibly draw is that it would be an Exact Replica of the A-10 HOTAS, akin to Thrustmaster........Then again - Aesthetics. Not-so-Cleverly disguised Marketing Ploy maybe?

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Begs the Question - what Qualifies a product 'Military' as opposed to 'Consumer'?

Well, I'd assume that quality and reliability were high on the military product. I'd also assume it had to meet certain milspecs so there might be requirements for higher quality internal components. I'd also assume it would have to be pretty close to an exact replica including things like switch and button activation pressures and stick throw distance and maybe throttle friction resistance and maybe including things like idle cutoff position.

I'd think you could probably compare the military versus commercial differences similarly to the TFC/ED Digital Battlefield versus DCS:xxx software products. I'd think that they get considerably more for the military oriented product.

Not really sure but I do know that the HOTAS systems I've seen aimed at the military market have seemed to be considerably more expensive than the consumer solutions available (when there was an exact solution available for us :)).

I'm not certain this would fall into the same class as the proverbial toilet seat but I'll wager it goes for a tad more than the current CH offerings. They might offer a consumer version but that would surely depend on the business decisions involving conversion cost and how much it impacted their more professional business.

For now, I'm happy with my G940. What I do know is that it feels pretty good seeing the major controller players putting attention on the flight controller market.

WH_Blaster (Larry) :beer:

US Air Force (Retired, 1961-1981)

Join us for fun with the DCS series and other games at the War Hawks Squad website ... we are a mature gaming group that enjoys realism and having fun! http://war-hawks.net

System: i7=950 @ 3.3 GHz, GA-X58-UDR3 MB, 6GB RAM, GTX770, 256GB system SSD, 128GB gaming SSD, TIR5, TM HOTAS WH, HannsG 28-in, Acer 23-in touch screen.

A Mil spec Hotas is probably close to a realsimulator mod + Cougar as that has the right movement for the stick(1/4 of an inch) using mainly pressure plus Hall sensors. The switches would be different to that on a stock Cougar as they would be industrial strength switches which are longer lasting and stronger. The throttle range is also another point as it would use a longer arc compared to a cougars throttle. You can mod a cougar with this stuff but it is quite expensive.:thumbup:

I'm surprised that the USAF are not using hirevsims A-10C Hotas or maybe they are too expensive.:D

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if CH did release that Hotas for consumer purchase as a split throttle won the vote for their next product a while back.(even if it was a Hornet Hotas:D)

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]