Did you give up with the Harrier?

bkthunder

Returning to this part of the forum after a while, seems pretty quiet here.

The Harrier still has big bugs and missing features, did everything grind to a halt once again and the community just gave up with hoping for a finished AND accurate simulation of this wonderful aricraft? :(

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Returning to this part of the forum after a while, seems pretty quiet here.

The Harrier still has big bugs and missing features, did everything grind to a halt once again and the community just gave up with hoping for a finished AND accurate simulation of this wonderful aricraft? :(

No, we wait and watch Razbam adding things like the internal systems damage added a couple weeks ago. Or the cockpit texture updates before that, along with fixes to known bugs.

They are currently working on the Harrier and Mirage... You may not have noticed all the fixes and additions, if you don't read the open beta patch notes and actually fly the planes...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

... and actually fly the planes...

:) touché :D

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Glad to see some fixes and additions :thumbup:

:) touché :D

As for flying the plane, as long as there are bugs and inconsistencies that I consider big (such as this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232088&highlight=fuel+flow) I prefer to spend my little free time on modules that are more accurate at this stage and where I can better simulate RL procedures, the "S" in DCS is important for me ;)

On the Harrier it's still not possible to perform a full start-up as per the checklist and there are still bugs and missing features in basic HUD symbology.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

We have now end of May.

Since January, beside some unnecessary bling bling items, nothing has been done, except fixing the ASL, the fuel probe and "fixing" (lol) the point track.

No reactions on bug reports, no reactions on community concerns. Neither here, nor on the Mirage sub.

So, how should we have anymore trust in Razbam fixing and completing those modules we already paid for?

Only silence, silence, silence. And if there is no silence, then there are only lies...

I'm fed up. I paid full prices for a modules which should be finished and bug free, and for a module which is in EA since ever with nearly none progress. Instead devs are working on other modules and all you get is lies...

So Razbam, how much more patiene are you awaiting from us? And when will you finally deliver what you got paid for?

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

You guys are doing a great job RAZBAM.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Glad to see some fixes and additions

As for flying the plane, as long as there are bugs and inconsistencies that I consider big (such as this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232088&highlight=fuel+flow) I prefer to spend my little free time on modules that are more accurate at this stage and where I can better simulate RL procedures, the "S" in DCS is important for me ;)

On the Harrier it's still not possible to perform a full start-up as per the checklist and there are still bugs and missing features in basic HUD symbology.

Yes, but it isn't true, that there is no progress or they are not working on it.

They may take longer then we expect, but then, there was a massive upgrade and change to DCS since the Mirage and Harrier where released.

As far as I know Razbam is currently working on both the Mirage and Harrier, with the goal to finish them to the new standards in 2.5 before any new releases. If you can't stand Early Access, don't buy Early Access.

The only thing that bothers me, is that the basic HUD functions were not implemented correct, since start of EA and may be the last features to be fixed...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I think the Harrier is almost viewed like the Hawk. The way it was launched really could have been better, and RAZBAM is obviously trying to improve their product but it has already started to build a negative reputation for a portion of the community that focuses their views on systems completion and not the overall product.

I hope RAZBAM is able to tie up any loose ends with the modules, including finishing the MiG-19P bugs listed and completing the avionics overhauls of the Harrier and Mirage.

...As far as I know Razbam is currently working on both the Mirage and Harrier, with the goal to finish them to the new standards in 2.5 before any new releases. If you can't stand Early Access, don't buy Early Access.

I don't know/care about the Harrier but the Mirage is a full released(NOT EA/Beta...) module for quite some time now... :music_whistling:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I don't know/care about the Harrier but the Mirage is a full released(NOT EA/Beta...) module for quite some time now... :music_whistling:
Yep, that is the one they adapt and upgrade to DCS 2.5... like ED needs to update the A-10C and Black Shark...

Shagrat

If you can't stand Early Access, don't buy Early Access.

I think I'll put that quote in my signature. This kind of pointless discussion coming back every time is very annoying.

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Uninstalled the Harrier a long time ago (probably about a year or so ago, since it was when the Hornet came out). Not worth wasting the SSD space on it. Huge letdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Words of wisdom. People complain about the product that is in EA, including myself have done it when they knew exactly the state of the module wasn't finished.

Yes, but it isn't true, that there is no progress or they are not working on it.

And where did you read in my post that there is no progress or they are not working on it?

Glad to see some fixes and additions

As for flying the plane, as long as there are bugs and inconsistencies that I consider big (such as this https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...ight=fuel+flow) I prefer to spend my little free time on modules that are more accurate at this stage and where I can better simulate RL procedures, the "S" in DCS is important for me

I agree, big mistake buying EA from Razbam, I will not repeat it in the future and wait for the module to be released. So much for supporting a 3rd party...

Edited by bkthunder

The Harrier is one of the airplane that REALLY interest me. But I am waiting for it to be closer to completion before ordering it. At the last sale, I was one click away to order it and decide to hit the forum before doing it.

After reading about all the basic features/bugs reported ... I decided to wait. I will buy it for sure in the future if it ever get to a GA release, but from what I read it is not up to speed yet. I am still wondering how a product could be tagged early release and stay that way for years... not weeks.

Edited by Frag

And where did you read in my post that there is no progress or they are not working on it?

I couldn't help to interpret this statement: (...)"did everything grind to a halt once again and the community just gave up“(...) into it.

Shagrat

IMHO the biggest mistake they made was to release a notice on Aprils Fool's day about fixing Mirage and Harrier before they release any new modules.

Just can't take that seriously, as I don't know was it a serious statement or just a joke.

That really is not directly their fault, as the whole world is stupid to do any fools on that day. Every business should be serious on all days on the year and not to fool anything.

The Aprils Fool's day should be only for a private jokes among family members and friends, not about businesses.

And as so many business does those things (Google, Facebook, varius news/media companies etc), it is just difficult to take anything seriously on that day, and it would be better postpone the serious announcements by one day.

Back to topic:

I purchased Harrier by knowing well it is Early Access module. I don't get upset by some minor details lacking or being wrong, but when it is major ones like controlling DMT or random screen switching to some other modes than your DMT was tracking or your DMT lock jumps to some random locations across the map, it is just no go!

With Harrier I noticed that many different modules control problems related to axis etc, is caused by a other than 8-bit axis. Like with Harrier, I can move the DMT fine with a CH Throttle stick, but not with a VKB MCG axis hat at all well.

But even Razbam needs to wait many things that ED will bring, what is expected that it is better not to do double work if ED is going to change something radically afterwards, or why to make own third party feature if ED is going to bring the official feature?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Really? A new kneeboard is what you are working on?

https://www.facebook.com/316077818478863/posts/2221001587986467/

Are you serious? Are you playing tricks on us?

I really don't know what to say anymore.

This is an only farce...

You seem to have troubles locating the change log, so here it is:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=204693&page=3

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

You seem to have trouble reading my post 7 in this thread.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3925323&postcount=7

The changelog is a joke. The first half of 2019 is nearly over, and they fixed 3(!) bugs (where one is a joke) and spending time on doing unnecessary bling bling items instead of doing some real work.

So tell me, when is the glas full? Razbam only plays jokes on us...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules