Leatherneck Simulations - Organizational changes - Public statement - MAR 2017

Dolphin887

Dear everyone,

For almost three years we’ve been enjoying your overwhelming interest and support, successfully walking a very difficult road together and reaching a highly professional level in game development for our beloved platform –Digital Combat Simulator.

As you know, a business development resembles real life in many aspects; and apart from the amazing experiences we’ve had these years, there have also been some business and management issues and disagreements within our team. As in real life, problems have to be dealt with in a rational manner in order to keep things moving forward. This often results in having to make hard decisions for a better and more secure future.

The original “Leatherneck Simulations” four-people team has decided to part ways: three of us (Michael, Radu and Novak) will remain under one umbrella by creating a new company – MAGNITUDE 3 LLC, based in Florida, USA.

MAGNITUDE 3 LLC has acquired the rights to the “Leatherneck Simulations” brand and DCS: MiG-21Bis module. At the moment, we have three permanent staff members and two contract members.

Nicholas Dackard has acquired the rights for the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen and DCS: F14-A/B projects, which will be branded under a different company.

As for the future of “Leatherneck Simulations” and MAGNITUDE 3 LLC, here’s our agenda.

Our short-terms goals (3 months, JAN-MAR 2017) for MAGNITUDE 3 are:

- Regain financial stability,

- Setup stable development infrastructure and staff,

- Setup stable customer support infrastructure and services.

Our medium-term goals (12 months, JAN 2017-JAN 2018) are:

- Improve staff work flow,

- Release a new DCS module, which is now in development,

- Improve customer support for increased workload for modules support.

Our long-term goals (24+ months) are:

- Stabilize stuff work flow (permanent stuff members),

- Release another DCS module.

Our permanent goals are to create superb DCS modules and support our customers.

We are looking forward to these new challenges and sincerely hope to amaze you again with the modules we are developing for DCS.

Last, but not least, we want to express our thanks and gratitude to TFC and Eagle Dynamics for helping through this complex transition.

Wishing you all the best,

“Leatherneck Simulations” guys, MAGNITUDE 3 LLC

• Like 1

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Truly best wishes for you guys. Hope you get it all sorted, and on a good path!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Good luck, guys! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Where does that leave the Corsair and the Pacific theater?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Wow, was not expecting this. Good luck to both teams!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Thank you for All you've done so far. Good luck and best wishes for both teams! I hope that you'll manage to sort everything out.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Leatherneck Sim, MAGNITUDE 3 LLC, contracted

OK, thanks. Just asking as it's not mentioned in the original post. Unless of course that's one of the modules mentioned as in development which now I presume it is.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Best of luck to everyone. What I don't understand however, will MAGNITUDE 3 LLC continue to work on the DCS: F14-A/B projects or is it left to Nicholas Dackard?

It's rater cleary stated:

"Nicholas Dackard has acquired the rights for the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen and DCS: F14-A/B projects, which will be branded under a different company."

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

It's rater cleary stated:

"Nicholas Dackard has acquired the rights for the DCS: AJS-37 Viggen and DCS: F14-A/B projects, which will be branded under a different company."

Correct.

Power through superb knowledge, training and teamwork.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good luck to all!

The way I see it; two companies = 2 modules being released at the same or almost the same time! Not that I've ever had wished for this

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Although from what I understand there is only one guy that is doing the Viggen and F14? That doesn't sound reassuring honestly.

Nah, that one guy is just the boss. ;)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=184409

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Best of luck! You could make a DCS: Fuel Truck and I'd still support you :) (please don't force me to be a man of my word. haha)

This looks like it's been in the works for a while, since it's March, and your line says

Our short-terms goals (3 months, JAN-MAR 2017) for MAGNITUDE 3 are:

- Regain financial stability,

- Setup stable development infrastructure and staff,

- Setup stable customer support infrastructure and services.

I hope you've already met your first goal, because you're already 3 months into your second one!

Looking forward to seeing what you and your team are able to achieve

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546