Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

Looking forward to it!! Played Eastern Friendship many times and it's awesome!!

Can't wait for this new campaign =)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 F-GAMING | i7-10700K | RTX3090 TUF OC | 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Windows 10 64bit | Acer Predator X34P | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog | TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

A-10C | A-10C II | F/A-18C | F-16C | FC3 | PG | Syria | SC

Home made F-16C simulator
Forum Thread: DCS World forum - The Viper Project - Home Cockpits Instagram: 1583142 copia.jpg The Viper Project YouTube youtube-icon-512x512-874lspju.png The Viper Project - Youtube channel

• 6 months later...

Updated to version 2.0!

I've totally reworked all 4 missions to update it to a more modern standard. Easy Comms are now disabled, you will have to tune your radios to the correct frequencies in order for the missions to progress (don't worry, you'll be prompted when to do this in game). I've updated a ton of triggers, added random threats, and generally made the campaign more realistic and enjoyable as well. I hope you like it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Updated to version 2.0!

I've totally reworked all 4 missions to update it to a more modern standard. Easy Comms are now disabled, you will have to tune your radios to the correct frequencies in order for the missions to progress (don't worry, you'll be prompted when to do this in game). I've updated a ton of triggers, added random threats, and generally made the campaign more realistic and enjoyable as well. I hope you like it!

DOWNLOAD LINK:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Sounds great! I enjoyed the original ones a lot.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Let's say austere operating environment, lack of munitions, or just I wanted to make it a bit more difficult.. Anyone can plink a bunker with an LGB!

Great rework, and great and realistic campaign too. But I was just wondering, when you added TGP, why dont you add LGBs instead of dumb bombs? Whats the deal?

Let's say austere operating environment, lack of munitions, or just I wanted to make it a bit more difficult.. Anyone can plink a bunker with an LGB!

Hmm..let me do not agree with you. I appreciate your work, but using dumb bombs vs heavily defended targets is definitely not more realistic. It may works in WW2 but today...

In real world, in modern era nobody will let pilot to do that with dumb bombs, because "Anyone can do that with LGB". LGBs/JDAMS and other smart weapons are made to be used and to save pilots lives, which is number one goal of any commander.

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

If you need some bang for the buck, sometimes a GBU-12 doesn’t cut it. That’s why you’re flying with MK-83s and MK-84s in mission 2 and 3. And if this scenario doesn’t have GBU-10 or GBU-16 in stock, you fly with what you have. Not sure Canada has GBU-10 or -16 back in 2007.

I do appreciate the feedback, though.

Hmm..let me do not agree with you. I appreciate your work, but using dumb bombs vs heavily defended targets is definitely not more realistic. It may works in WW2 but today...

In real world, in modern era nobody will let pilot to do that with dumb bombs, because "Anyone can do that with LGB". LGBs/JDAMS and other smart weapons are made to be used and to save pilots lives, which is number one goal of any commander.

If you need some bang for the buck, sometimes a GBU-12 doesn’t cut it. That’s why you’re flying with MK-83s and MK-84s in mission 2 and 3. And if this scenario doesn’t have GBU-10 or GBU-16 in stock, you fly with what you have. Not sure Canada has GBU-10 or -16 back in 2007.

I do appreciate the feedback, though.

Roger that. Great work, anyways. With all that voiced missions, interesting scenarios, and realism. It will be awesome, If you make full campaing (10-12 missions) when DCS:FA-18C module is done. Thanks for campaign again. :thumbup:

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

eagerly awaiting your F18 campaign SEDLO.

your missions are so immersive, and way closer to realism than almost all others. frq changes, target designation, situation briefing...

keep up your great work!

This campaign just caught my interest as it seems very well made. Just two quick questions:

1) Is it hot or cold start? If hot start would there be any (timing) issues if I change it to cold start?

2) I would want to play it in coop, so I wonder if it would cause any issues if I change the wingman to a playable client?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The first mission is a hot start, the rest are cold and dark. The way the first mission is scripted will make some things not work properly if set to cold and dark.

The triggers are based on the lead aircraft being alive... It should work ok as long as the lead doesn't get killed. If that happens, the rest of the mission won't likely work well (or at all).

This campaign just caught my interest as it seems very well made. Just two quick questions:

1) Is it hot or cold start? If hot start would there be any (timing) issues if I change it to cold start?

2) I would want to play it in coop, so I wonder if it would cause any issues if I change the wingman to a playable client?

The first mission is a hot start, the rest are cold and dark. The way the first mission is scripted will make some things not work properly if set to cold and dark.

The triggers are based on the lead aircraft being alive... It should work ok as long as the lead doesn't get killed. If that happens, the rest of the mission won't likely work well (or at all).

Sounds great, will definitely give it a try :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

DeathAngel1, I've been thinking about what you said, and you were right. I was trying to make the mission more "fun" than real. I've changed the loadout in mission 1 to include GBU-12 and AGM-65F.

I am going to keep the MK-83 and 84 in mission 2 and 4, as I'm going to pretend there are no heavier GBUs in theatre than the 500lb versions. :-)

Thank you for the feedback, I truly appreciate it.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.2: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Roger that. Great work, anyways. With all that voiced missions, interesting scenarios, and realism. It will be awesome, If you make full campaing (10-12 missions) when DCS:FA-18C module is done. Thanks for campaign again. :thumbup:

DeathAngel1, I've been thinking about what you said, and you were right. I was trying to make the mission more "fun" than real. I've changed the loadout in mission 1 to include GBU-12 and AGM-65F.

I am going to keep the MK-83 and 84 in mission 2 and 4, as I'm going to pretend there are no heavier GBUs in theatre than the 500lb versions. :-)

Thank you for the feedback, I truly appreciate it.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.2: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Nice I'll have to practice how to use the AGM as I haven't flown the hornet in a while. Waiting on the HP Reverb before I play this campaign again.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am having a blast w/ this campaign. Thank you for the hard work. I am lost on the landing instructions though. As best I understand a standard field pattern is similar to a carrier pattern. But I am told to do a left or right break and then I am always told I did it wrong. Sorry for this newbie Q but can you pls explain what I should be doing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CBStu said:

I am having a blast w/ this campaign. Thank you for the hard work. I am lost on the landing instructions though. As best I understand a standard field pattern is similar to a carrier pattern. But I am told to do a left or right break and then I am always told I did it wrong. Sorry for this newbie Q but can you pls explain what I should be doing. 

hey CBStu!  Which mission are you getting this on?

Basically you have to fly overhead and down the runway and then make your left or right break, just like the carrier.

if you’re not quite cantered on the runway, the trigger may not fire correctly.

Also, there may be a bug in the mission introduced with a patch. 

let me know what mission you’re finding this in and I’ll have a look.