Thrustmaster Warthog Unit down

Thanks to the Power problems after the "cyclone bomb",

My Warthog Throttle unit no longer works in windows.

It lights up when system is in post, and then turns off in windows as unknown device code 43.

I've tried numerous times to use boot loader button sequence to no avail.

Sent an Email to Thrustmaster, hopefully they can do something.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wow unfortunate, I had one brick on me as well a couple of years ago. Hope TM can get you sorted!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Absolutely. I have a working tmwh but if I would go back in time, I'd get VKB or VirPil.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Well both Virpil and VKB are nice, but neither one currently has a throttle for sale which is what is needed here.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So I havent Heard anything back from TM Since the Automated Email from Saturday,

I'm Hoping they offer me a mainboard to install at a lower cost.

Going over logs, The device was last detected Wednesday Afternoon, Wednesday Night->Sat Morning Logs dont show the throttle as detected.

So I narrowed it down to when I was having power flucuations and I shut off the PC, at that point the PC Shut off, but I had pressed the power button on the case by accident, so I had turned off the PSU Switch and unplugged during Bootup (System was still in post)

It's possible the Firmware or mainboard itself fried itself.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Yeah, happened to me a couple of years ago, I got a power spike in my powered usb hub, which my throttle, g27 wheel, and a couple of other periphals where in. All bricked. Gutted - that was an expensive replacement as they were out of warranty.

Mainboard was the culprit in my case but when it was back together my slew didn’t work (luckily I was only flying the Mirage at the time so didn’t need it). In the end I just sold the throttle as it was on eBay for £100 and bought a used one for £130. Happy days - must admit I d9 like my Warty throttle and won’t be getting one of the new Virpil or VKB ones (even if they do look the biz)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I suppose you have nothing to lose to clearing the CMOS and reflashing the BIOS. And maybe trying a different USB card if you have one handy?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I suppose you have nothing to lose to clearing the CMOS and reflashing the BIOS. And maybe trying a different USB card if you have one handy?

Tried Plugging onto my MOBO USB2 and USB3, as well as the USB3 Card I bought for my Rift, nothing, Tried on my other system, same, tried on the laptop same.

Holding the Buttons for Bootloader does nothing, plugging in straight the 5 Green Lights Flash and then nothing but "unrecognized device".

It does sound like the main board is fried.

I have replaced it in mine too. It's easy to swap, with no soldering or anything technical involved. They're not cheap at 40 odd euros plus postage though.

Hope you can get it sorted soon.

I still haven't heard back from TM, but I dont have any budget to spare either-way, so I'll wait till I get some budget and hit them up again.

I need to call them and just straight up ask for the board, and bypass the Email exchanging back and forth asking for UPC and Invoice Etc, since mine was bought 2nd hand.

Edited by SkateZilla

Just heard back from TM Support after almost 2 weeks from the Automated Email asking for a bunch of info,

Basically sent them the video and requested a purchase of the mainboard for the unit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hhN3jcwVvPD-K6AtdnSer8Px1y_l-55F/view?usp=sharing

Just heard back from TM Support after almost 2 weeks from the Automated Email asking for a bunch of info,

Basically sent them the video and requested a purchase of the mainboard for the unit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hhN3jcwVvPD-K6AtdnSer8Px1y_l-55F/view?usp=sharing

Hoping you get this squared away Bro.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

My throttle just bricked - second time in 7 years.

All buttons work except the two throttles and slider will not work except when you get to the end of the throw and then they jump to max numbers.

All physical connections good. Re-flashed, USB's checked and ensured not on timeout.

I just installed my new MCG-PRO stick last week and was running it with the throttle in DCS. (not TM combined)

I really don't want to have to spend another $100 CDN at this time because I'm hoping that VKB get their throttle assy. out and running fairly quickly.

Tried Plugging onto my MOBO USB2 and USB3, as well as the USB3 Card I bought for my Rift, nothing, Tried on my other system, same, tried on the laptop same.

Holding the Buttons for Bootloader does nothing, plugging in straight the 5 Green Lights Flash and then nothing but "unrecognized device".

I still haven't heard back from TM, but I dont have any budget to spare either-way, so I'll wait till I get some budget and hit them up again.

I need to call them and just straight up ask for the board, and bypass the Email exchanging back and forth asking for UPC and Invoice Etc, since mine was bought 2nd hand.

It sounds like you’ve joined the club

Mine bricked after ~3.5 years. I’m hesitant to give TM any more of my money for a replacement board.

TM support suck they send nothing but generated emails and never give you solid help. I will never buy again from that company.....been waiting month and half to get them to send me a pinkie lever sensor so I can fix my joystick....nothing but crickets sound.... I still have the 13 plus emails sitting in my inbox still waiting for them to respond back to an email they sent me asking for my info. Absolutely ridiculous.

Is it under warranty?

NO,

they want me to ship to them to inspect it, then pay for any repairs + return shipping.

NO,

they want me to ship to them to inspect it, then pay for any repairs + return shipping.

That is a little silly.

Don B

That is a little silly.

Yeah, I outright asked if I can purchase the mainboard and they ship it to me and I replace it myself, and that's the answer I got.

Edited by SkateZilla

Just tell them you are technically minded and want a replacement PCB to fit yourself. They cannot force you to return it for repair and they won’t anyway, they just don’t expect most people to want to do it themselves, hence them asking you to send it in.

You can save a fortune on shipping if you decide to go that route by removing the pair of base plates, it pretty light with them removed. Just tape some cardboard in it’s place to protect the innards.

They want me to ship my unit to them.

Strange!

When mine was in warranty, they wanted that. I could accept that then (expensive because of the weight).

A few years later my main board went and going through the contact hoops they just sent me a new one and charged me accordingly. Still an outrageous price but a lot cheaper than the shipping for the whole 900 lb item to France.

Strange they should be asking for the complete unit back.