VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

@Rangoon I cannot reproduce what you describe: looks like you need to check your config for something that may inadvertently trigger the menu. PM sent.

@Snacko Sounds like you need to carefully check your install i.e. lua files. PM sent. EDIT: solved.

@Blacley Yes.

Grtz

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks, Hollywood - appreciate your efforts to help me solve this. This part keeps coming back to me as some kind of clue as to what's going on, but I can't figure it out. Maybe someone else can see something in here:

Once I've loaded a mission in DCS, if I then quit and relaunch VA, as soon as VAICOM is initialized DCS triggers the comm menu (upper right corner). This is even before I've gone back to DCS as the "Active Window". So it seems something in VA/VAICOM is sending a command directly to DCS, but I can't determine what or how. This is without any buttons/keys being pressed.

edit: to be clear, this doesn't happen when a mission is first loaded and entering the world. This bit happens when VAICOM is initialized. A command is sent at that moment.

Is it possible to have the Vaicompro window remember it's location on the desktop? I have a certain place that I always put it, but it doesn't remember where it was.

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

@Snacko sure no problem - if you get the latest build from the website it has this feature.

https://www.vaicompro.com/downloads.html

Cheers:pilotfly:

The latest build on your website say that it is v2.5.1. I have v2.5.1 installed from a few days ago. But it does not remember where it last was positioned on my screen. Is there some option I need to turn on?

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Awesome! Works great! Thanks! :punk::kiss: :punk:

Can you use voice attack for kB commands white sis and Team speak?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Cool, is there a way to easily swap between the two?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Is the Keyword Editor only used edit existing commands for each Category? I mean,.. it is not used to add new commands like Flaps Up, Flaps Down? External View, Flyby View? These type of commands I assume need to be just added straight into VoiceAttack like a normal VA command?

I see it has an 'Add New' button, but I didn't find a specific explanation on that button.

EDIT:

Also, this definition in the Keyword Reference for the Sender parameter is confusing:

Sender

Player callsign, e.g. ‘Springfield 11’. Use of player callsign is optional and for

general command interpretation it is not required to use.

Note: During a mission you can use your flight callsign e.g. ‘Springfield’ as a

recipient alias for Flight. So instead of “Flight, close formation” you can call

Enfield, close formation”. Unit numbers e.g. ‘14’ etc. are all ignored

Instead of Enfield, should it not say Springfield?

And this 'Note' has to do with the Recipient, not the sender?

Sorry, just working through the documentation making myself some custom Kneeboards. ;-)

Edited by Snacko

@Snacks Yes if you want to use commands for cockpit control stuff etc. you can simply add them in the VA profile.

The 'Add New' button in the Keywords Editor is there so that a new alias can be added for the selected communications command segment.

For example select 'Request Vector to Bullseye' from dropdown -> Add New -> change 'Request Vector to Bullseye1' into 'Request Alpha Check' -> Apply -> FINISH steps to update profile.

You have now added a new command phrase that you can use with your AWACS communications.

Hope this clarifies.

Grtz

Springfield vs. Enfield: good catch! Should be Springfield of course, I'll update that.

Edited by Hollywood_315

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

New Alias. That's what I thought. But I didn't see an explaination for the Add New button.

BTW, the Export feature is very handy.

And, why is there no spoon? Not even a spork?

+++ VA variables +++

On the note of adding your own commands to the VA profile.

With the most recent plugin build you can now make use of exposed variables.

With these you can put in place your own logic in the VA profile for applying different keybinds and functions across different modules.

The exposed variables are (EDIT now the complete list):

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} - this string contains the active module name e.g. 'UH-1H' or 'A-10C'

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} - this string contains the active module category, value is either 'Helicopters' or 'Planes'

{TXT:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.dcsversion} - string containing DCS version number

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.vrmode} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.easycomms} - value True or False

{BOOL:vaicompro.serverdata.currentserver.multiplayer} - value True or False

Pro tip to test, add this to one of your TX press/release commands:

Other -> Advanced -> Write value to the event log and put {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} in the value field.

Have fun :joystick:

Edited by Hollywood_315
add complete list

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

radio vaicom not work in caucaso

Good morning.

After updating to DCS world 2.5 when I try to contact with atc via vaicom pro I do not get it and in the log it tells me that the receiver is not available on this occasion.This does not happen to me with the Nevada ATC.

Could you give me some indication ?.

Thanks in advance

Attachment screenshot captura.png

Captura.PNG.edd41a8119125615b5f0da340eb28a4e.PNG

On the note of adding your own commands to the VA profile.

With the most recent plugin build you can now make use of exposed variables.

With these you can put in place your own logic in the VA profile for applying different keybinds and functions across different modules.

The exposed variables are:

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} - this string contains the active module name e.g. 'UH-1H' or 'A-10C'.

{TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.cat} - this string contains the active module category, value is either 'Helicopters' or 'Planes'.

Pro tip to test, add this to one of your TX press/release commands:

Other -> Advanced -> Write value to the event log and put {TXT:vaicompro.playerdata.currentmodule.name} in the value field.

Have fun :joystick:

That works great! Thanks. :thumbup:

Also, you have this Log message when I start a mission:

10:34:39 AM - PlayerNew callsign at unit callsign Enfield11 module A-10C Warthog

What does "at unit" mean?

It would be nice if it could list the name of the airport that I am at? Not sure if this is possible. But to contact the tower, it would be nice. I would not have to go lookup the airport name on the map. Or maybe another exposed property with the airport name?

Edited by Snacko

I just bought vaicom pro... quick question do I need paid version of VoiceAttack or free version works just fine?

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

The trial version of Voiceattack says that it only allows 1 profile and 20 commands. I would support the developer and buy it. You will use more than one profile anyhow.

Sent from my Moto Z Play using Tapatalk

I read/saw your better off using one profile for all my profile has almost 100 commandfsiirc

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hollywood which meathod is the best way one super large profile for everything or a smaller set of profiles like one for each airframe or each type of flights like vfr flights, ifr, combative type flights. So one for everything or smaller specific flight profiles?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

@mosqui,Snacks PM sent.

@Blacley It is recommended to use a single profile so you won't need to do any profile switching.

You can use the exposed VA variables as above (post #471) if within this single profile you want to make distinctions between aircraft type for your added commands.

Alternatively you can create your own set of different profiles for this, however that will require a VA restart each time you switch profile.

Also managing multiple profiles is more work. So not recommended.

That said, if you have no problem with these things then it's fine to do it that way.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com