Yak-52B?

msalama

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old projects like this in despair

Stop talking trash. ED does external projects for private customers every now and then, just as any company would, in order to raise revenue. This is neither a move borne out of desperation nor anything unusual, so you may as well stop your useless complaining because hey, we get it already, you don't like the plane or ED doing anything but DCS. Just don't let the door hit you on your way out...

• Like 1

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

The Yak-52 is used by at least one local aerobatics team around here...

I'll be eager to try it myself in the sim, and even more to show it to the guys who fly the two Yak's themselves :-)

Being a shared cockpit model this means we can bring a lot of additional emotion to our virtual aerobatic flights!

Looking fwd into it !

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Wow.....Momma says "DCS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get".

I have to admit that I am dumbfounded by this news. Not really sure what to make of it. So random, and out of nowhere. I looked at it and thought: "Do I really want this thing?" Well.....Maybe. Still kind of on the fence.

But to add perspective here. I see lots -0- complaints in this thread. I get it. But I know plenty of people (myself included) who have no interest in the F-18, Viggen, or the AV-8B. It's no big deal, I just have no interest in any of these planes. But I don't go to threads about them and point out that I would rather have this or that, and ED needs to fix this that or the other before I'll purchase them. I just don't really pay attention to them. It's no skin off of my nose if ED puts out a box kite sim. I simply won't buy it if it doesn't tickle my fancy.

Although I was taken by surprise by the Yak, I will be much more likely to purchase it then say the F-14. Why??? Because I'm more into the actual hands on flying than complex combat systems and the like. Does that make me wrong? Am I crazy for having this preference? No more than anyone else who may appreciate advanced systems, or even pulling strings on a kite sim.

Does it make ED wrong for releasing the module? It would seem that many people think so. But the reality is that ED has announced the release of some great planes coming up. Many of which aren't my cup of tea. But that doesn't mean that I need to tell them how to run their business, or complain about what I don't have. My 7 year old does that. When I go out and buy him a cool Lego set, he'll complain that he doesn't have the next better set. I usually remove the set from his room for a while for not appreciating what he has. Maybe we should all just appreciate that we have a place to go where we can enjoy all of this cool stuff and chat with people who have common interests. There is plenty in DCS for everyone who comes here. If this plane or that isn't your cup of tea, play around with the ones that are and just ignore the ones that you don't. It's pretty simple really.

I for one appreciate that DCS is putting out the Yak. I also appreciate the Hornet even if I won't purchase it.

So thanks ED for another cool module to fill the virtual skies!!!

• Like 1

my words.

every plane is welcome in my hangar, it doesn't matter where it come from or which aircraft type. #openthehangardoors :D ;)

Hell yes, very well said sir. :thumbup:

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

You know, there are other sims for this. It would be irresponsible to ask ED for splitting the workforce and community again while the main core is still waiting in frustration for the main raison d'être of DCS: modern jet combat. Hornet first please.

Sorry since when is modern jet combat the Main Raison D’etre of DCS? Granted a long time ago when DCS didn’t exist, ED made Lockon:modern jet combat, however that was many many years ago.

Now this is Digital Combat Simulation world, that’s it, and I’m sorry but ANY aircraft that can be used in a combat situation fits within that category. That covers ALL wars, Pretty much ALL aircraft that have a combat role, from Trainers, Tankers, Transport aircraft, Helos and Fighters.

So the Yak fits perfectly within that description, Hell when I was serving in the RAF, even University Air Sqn Bulldogs had a combat role, be it a very minor one, but a war role all the same.

Now granted Jets will always be the most sought after aircraft, most consider them the most exciting type to fly and they will always seem to be the top of the tree and to that end we have 3 very good jet aircraft all in development and due to come out soon.

I wouldn’t be surprised in a few years to have the majority of the world to fly around, similar to Prepar3D, as we get more and more maps within the same sim, I’m guessing at some point they will all be able to join together.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

There is light attack version of this plane... If not i do not see the sense of including it...

They already made the module for a government contract with a green light to sell it to the public. Since they already have a complete module, they might as well just sell it to civilians for a bit of extra cash. It may not fit with the C part of DCS, but if they have a product ready to go, why not just sell it?

You know, there are other sims for this. It would be irresponsible to ask ED for splitting the workforce and community again while the main core is still waiting in frustration for the main raison d'être of DCS: modern jet combat. Hornet first please.

See today’s post by Wags. These side projects do not negatively affect their main projects. Not the same team working on them. In fact it leads to more programmers with better skills if they move up to more difficult modules later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be happy to purchase and fly the Yak-52. I love all airplanes. Even the rotary-winged ones...although I have to admit that fixed-wing aircraft feel more "normal" to me. But I still fly the eggbeaters a lot.

So bring on the Yak-52! I'll buy it as soon as you release it. I love it all.

• Like 1

Wow.....Momma says "DCS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get".

I have to admit that I am dumbfounded by this news. Not really sure what to make of it. So random, and out of nowhere. I looked at it and thought: "Do I really want this thing?" Well.....Maybe. Still kind of on the fence.

But to add perspective here. I see lots -0- complaints in this thread. I get it. But I know plenty of people (myself included) who have no interest in the F-18, Viggen, or the AV-8B. It's no big deal, I just have no interest in any of these planes. But I don't go to threads about them and point out that I would rather have this or that, and ED needs to fix this that or the other before I'll purchase them. I just don't really pay attention to them. It's no skin off of my nose if ED puts out a box kite sim. I simply won't buy it if it doesn't tickle my fancy.

Although I was taken by surprise by the Yak, I will be much more likely to purchase it then say the F-14. Why??? Because I'm more into the actual hands on flying than complex combat systems and the like. Does that make me wrong? Am I crazy for having this preference? No more than anyone else who may appreciate advanced systems, or even pulling strings on a kite sim.

Does it make ED wrong for releasing the module? It would seem that many people think so. But the reality is that ED has announced the release of some great planes coming up. Many of which aren't my cup of tea. But that doesn't mean that I need to tell them how to run their business, or complain about what I don't have. My 7 year old does that. When I go out and buy him a cool Lego set, he'll complain that he doesn't have the next better set. I usually remove the set from his room for a while for not appreciating what he has. Maybe we should all just appreciate that we have a place to go where we can enjoy all of this cool stuff and chat with people who have common interests. There is plenty in DCS for everyone who comes here. If this plane or that isn't your cup of tea, play around with the ones that are and just ignore the ones that you don't. It's pretty simple really.

I for one appreciate that DCS is putting out the Yak. I also appreciate the Hornet even if I won't purchase it.

+1 expressed very well what i think, including hidding away some Legos from my children:).

Just one small difference, i end up buying all the modules to support them so one day they make the ones i really want and after i get all those, my idea is to keep supporting them until they make all the maps i want..... and so on until they make a full world map i suppose;)

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

+1 Basically my thoughts exactly, although i do have much interest in jets i was most hyped by the Yak than any other recent module, and thats not to say i have anything against any of the others, i was and still am excited about the viggen, harrrier, bug, phantom, tomcat, ect... but i just love the raw stick and rudder feel of the old props.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I have spoken negatively on this topic of the Yak-52 announcement.

And while I don't have anything against this airplane, I have complained about (as I perceived) a lack of direction from ED with respect to the future of DCS.

I read today the letter from ED by Wags, and all I can say is: thank you for this feedback, this is exactly what many of us needed to hear! In addition to this announcement we also have the announcement of the key-less protection system for the AV8B which will be in future extended to all modules.

These are all great news; news that reassure me that I have not made a mistake of supporting ED by buying all of their modules, even though I never use some of them. But I bought them for support (and for the days when I retire and have more time to learn everything).

So, ED, bring out the effing Yak... I'll buy that too! :)

P.S. And find the time for a dedicated server; multiplayer is what kept IL2 alive for so many years, it will do the same for DCS.

• 1 month later...