DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 402 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2018, 02:53 AM   #4011
williehayesjr

Reputation power: 5
williehayesjr is on a distinguished road
Default Appology

Mr. Revelation, please just accept my apology. It is very difficult to hold ones tongue in the face of such disdain for a simple explanation of the current state of affairs. I don't think you have the right to tell anyone that "sims should be the last thing they do with their time." Please, lets not escalate this to a destructive level. Again, I am sorry if I offended you.
williehayesjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:33 AM   #4012
drPhibes

Reputation power: 11
drPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nicedrPhibes is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
The unannounced price jump is slightly surprising(...)
DCS, the only game series where players expect the prices to stay the same and the system requirements to decrease over the years....
drPhibes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 AM   #4013
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 62
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

The only thing I can say at this point is... purchased.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:18 AM   #4014
flyingscotsman

Reputation power: 10
flyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the roughflyingscotsman is a jewel in the rough

Purchased- looking forward to it, have never fully mastered any of them, but really do enjoy the sim and all the extra work people put into it. The new terrain shown in the live stream will so immersive. Happy bunny
flyingscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #4015
Buzzles

Reputation power: 16
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drPhibes View Post
DCS, the only game series where players expect the prices to stay the same and the system requirements to decrease over the years....
Bear in mind the context here.

Harrier launched only a few weeks back with a price jump of $10 from the previous highest static price ($59.99 -> $69.99) from the last few years and there was a smattering of discontent about that.

To jump up another $10 to $79.99 only 6 weeks later, yes, I found it surprising it wasn't announced a little bit before the sale opened.

Like I said, I've no problem with the actual price, but just the communication.

Edit: I also had further thoughts after my previous post and might just buy it in the pre-sale anyway because I know it'll get completed eventually and I get the discount now.

Last edited by Buzzles; 01-13-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Update
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:35 PM   #4016
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 54
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

So... all game publishers do this. You wait for the official announcement, then the pre-purchase phase where they will let you know how much money you'll have to spend in order to play the game. I'm gonna break a forum rule here but just to give you a few examples: BF1, COD, iPhones (not an actual game but it works) and many more. They don't actually tell you the price before the pre-purchase itself. That's not how things work and it doesn't have to be like that.

There is literally no difference between ED telling you the price before the pre-purchase and announcing the pre-purchase with the price. And honestly, it doesn't make much sense to me...

So I don't really see the point of that. I don't think ED is supposed or should tell you whenever the price is going to increase.

Well they actually did that a long time ago. If I remember correctly, and please, correct if I am wrong, they said prices were going to increase after the DCS 2.0.

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website

Last edited by Vitormouraa; 01-13-2018 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Little detail.
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:27 PM   #4017
Buzzles

Reputation power: 16
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
[SNIP]
Bit of a false comparison that, as none of your examples are running a free platform system like ED are doing with DCS.

Yes, they did say prices will increase. They also did a poll. Then the Harrier came out at a higher price point. Correlation made it seem as if that was the price increase.

My point is though: recently they've had discontent over the WWII assets pack, Harrier price, sale + new DRM system and it was pretty obvious a non standard price would cause some gnashing of teeth.

All these price threads could have been nipped in the bud a couple of week backs and seperated out from the Pre-Release sale.

Either way, this is getting off topic now.

Looking forward to actually playing with the F-18 at some point.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:41 PM   #4018
Pilotasso
Veteran

Reputation power: 152
Pilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud of

Pre-ordered, see you in the sky soon
Case: Corsair 400C
PSU: SEASONIC 760W Platinum
CPU: AMD RYZEN 1700X
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4
Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red
GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals
Monitor: ASUS PB278Q IPS 27" LED 1440P
Pilotasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:46 PM   #4019
Revelation

Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Bear in mind the context here.

Harrier launched only a few weeks back with a price jump of $10 from the previous highest static price ($59.99 -> $69.99) from the last few years and there was a smattering of discontent about that.

To jump up another $10 to $79.99 only 6 weeks later, yes, I found it surprising it wasn't announced a little bit before the sale opened.

Like I said, I've no problem with the actual price, but just the communication.

Edit: I also had further thoughts after my previous post and might just buy it in the pre-sale anyway because I know it'll get completed eventually and I get the discount now.
I simply disagree. ED announced it would be the most expensive module to date. If the price increase caught one off guard then it is only you to blame.
Old 01-13-2018, 03:49 PM   #4020
mig29movt

Reputation power: 34
mig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to allmig29movt is a name known to all

Please stop chit-chatting about the stupid price in here
There are at least three threads already solely for this
Keep this thread as interesting and clean as it was...

Spoiler:
i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals
mig29movt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18