DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 396 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #3951
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Well crap, if there's going to be a bundle I wish I would've waited to pre-purchase Oh well.
I doubt we will see a bundle till after Pre-purchase, so I think you are ok.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:38 PM   #3952
lester

Does anyone know if preliminary version of the manual from ED is expected before Early Access?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2018, 03:40 PM   #3953
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester View Post
Does anyone know if preliminary version of the manual from ED is expected before Early Access?

No info yet, but I know its being worked on along with the Hornet.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #3954
MrDieing

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Well crap, if there's going to be a bundle I wish I would've waited to pre-purchase Oh well.
Also, because you bought the Hornet in Pre-Purchase you will probably end up paying the same or less if you were for example going to buy a bundle with Hornet and SoH. They will probably charge $60 for SoH, and in a bundle the savings are not going to be massive. Likely $120 for that bundle ($10 discount on the Hornet and $10 on SoH). Now I know its all assuming and guessing, but if they put a $10 discount on the Pre-Purchase of SoH, you would pay a total of $110 for buying Hornet in Pre-Purchase and SoH in Pre-Purchase, saving you an additional $10.
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:03 PM   #3955
lester

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
No info yet, but I know its being worked on along with the Hornet.
Thanks

Old 01-12-2018, 04:13 PM   #3956
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
That's pretty much how all early access modules go. I don't remember how much I paid for the A10..I think 50 but by that time it came with misisons and training, a campaign or whatever else was initially included. So it was well out of early access.
The A-10C was $59.99 and it was early access - beta. I will concede that it was more complete than what we see as early access with a lot of products today. I think the only reason we saw the A-10C hit early access at all was what happened with the release of the Blackshark years prior.

Early access was also what the community was calling for. ED obliged. You must also remember that there were still a lot of things missing or incomplete with the A-10C, NTTR was a big missing item for a long time. Most of the little things simply aren't at the front of your mind since it was so long ago.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #3957
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
The A-10C was $59.99 and it was early access - beta. I will concede that it was more complete than what we see as early access with a lot of products today. I think the only reason we saw the A-10C hit early access at all was what happened with the release of the Blackshark years prior.

Early access was also what the community was calling for. ED obliged. You must also remember that there were still a lot of things missing or incomplete with the A-10C, NTTR was a big missing item for a long time. Most of the little things simply aren't at the front of your mind since it was so long ago.
Yea I've actually jumped back in the hog lately and it's nice to have a lot of content to use it with. I can't wait for Baltic dragon's iron flag NTTR campaign. I definitely have enough to keep me busy until content for the harrier and hornet shows up.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #3958
mithandra

Default The Right Price

Hey All

Wanted to comment on the threads that have been banging about about the full price of the Hornet but they have all been closed.

Anyways, I personally think this is the right price, for the amount of work that has gone into the development of this module and the sheer functionality and detail that will be feature complete at some point in the life of its development.

For 2.5 I think ED should have a donate button, so the people that want to support them and thank them for all the hard work they are putting into the new Caucasus map that is essentially free.

Anyways really looking forward to flying this bird when its released, almost as much as the impending 2.5 release

roll on the end of Jan

Thanks Specter
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i7 7700k, Asus ROG Maximus Code, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS Extreme 1080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 - Oculus Rift CV1, HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals

SPECTER

Last edited by mithandra; 01-12-2018 at 05:35 PM.
mithandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #3959
frixon28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
For 2.5 I think ED should have a donate button, so the people that want to support them and thank them for all the hard work they are putting into the new Caucasus map that is essentially free.
Just keep buying modules from them, or just rebuy modules
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 PM   #3960
Peter22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
Hey All

Wanted to comment on the threads that have been banging about about the full price of the Hornet but they have all been closed.

Anyways, I personally think this is the right price, for the amount of work that has gone into the development of this module and the sheer functionality and detail that will be feature complete at some point in the life of its development.

Anyways really looking forward to flying this bird when its released, almost as must as the impending 2.5 release

roll on the end of Jan

Thanks Specter
Agree!!!! this post is being closed, however I will like to say that we are talking about the best module ever created in the history of simulation..PERIOD!!
I was expecting an more higher price for this module specially if will be the same quality as the A10C.. ..I am in shock early release is ONLY 59.99..pre-purchasing today!!!
Regards
My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia 980 4GB Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 on SDD and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Last edited by Peter22; 01-12-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Peter22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18