DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 396 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #3951
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 20,723
Reputation power: 108
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Well crap, if there's going to be a bundle I wish I would've waited to pre-purchase Oh well.
I doubt we will see a bundle till after Pre-purchase, so I think you are ok.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #3952
lester
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 353
Reputation power: 90
lester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to behold
Default

Does anyone know if preliminary version of the manual from ED is expected before Early Access?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
__________________
Все вышенаписанное - мое оценочное суждение
lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:40 PM   #3953
SiThSpAwN
Community Manager
 
SiThSpAwN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: BC, Canada
Posts: 20,723
Reputation power: 108
SiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to beholdSiThSpAwN is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lester View Post
Does anyone know if preliminary version of the manual from ED is expected before Early Access?

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
No info yet, but I know its being worked on along with the Hornet.
__________________
Nick Grey - "I have had the privilege of flying most marks of Spit, the I, V, IX, XIV, XIX and enjoyed working with Eagle to make this simulation of the IX the 'mutt's nuts'."

SiThSpAwN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #3954
MrDieing
Member
 
MrDieing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 218
Reputation power: 5
MrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the roughMrDieing is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Well crap, if there's going to be a bundle I wish I would've waited to pre-purchase Oh well.
Also, because you bought the Hornet in Pre-Purchase you will probably end up paying the same or less if you were for example going to buy a bundle with Hornet and SoH. They will probably charge $60 for SoH, and in a bundle the savings are not going to be massive. Likely $120 for that bundle ($10 discount on the Hornet and $10 on SoH). Now I know its all assuming and guessing, but if they put a $10 discount on the Pre-Purchase of SoH, you would pay a total of $110 for buying Hornet in Pre-Purchase and SoH in Pre-Purchase, saving you an additional $10.
MrDieing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #3955
lester
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ, USA
Posts: 353
Reputation power: 90
lester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to beholdlester is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
No info yet, but I know its being worked on along with the Hornet.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
__________________
Все вышенаписанное - мое оценочное суждение
lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:13 PM   #3956
Revelation
Senior Member
 
Revelation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wilson, NC
Posts: 1,534
Reputation power: 26
Revelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of lightRevelation is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
That's pretty much how all early access modules go. I don't remember how much I paid for the A10..I think 50 but by that time it came with misisons and training, a campaign or whatever else was initially included. So it was well out of early access.
The A-10C was $59.99 and it was early access - beta. I will concede that it was more complete than what we see as early access with a lot of products today. I think the only reason we saw the A-10C hit early access at all was what happened with the release of the Blackshark years prior.

Early access was also what the community was calling for. ED obliged. You must also remember that there were still a lot of things missing or incomplete with the A-10C, NTTR was a big missing item for a long time. Most of the little things simply aren't at the front of your mind since it was so long ago.
__________________
Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 27" Asus ROG 1440p | i7-6700k @4.54GHz | ASROCK Extreme7+ | 32Gb @3GHz DDR4 | 512Gb SM951 M.2 SSD | GTX 980Ti | H100i AIO CPU Cooler
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #3957
sze5003
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: US
Posts: 394
Reputation power: 1
sze5003 will become famous soon enoughsze5003 will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
The A-10C was $59.99 and it was early access - beta. I will concede that it was more complete than what we see as early access with a lot of products today. I think the only reason we saw the A-10C hit early access at all was what happened with the release of the Blackshark years prior.

Early access was also what the community was calling for. ED obliged. You must also remember that there were still a lot of things missing or incomplete with the A-10C, NTTR was a big missing item for a long time. Most of the little things simply aren't at the front of your mind since it was so long ago.
Yea I've actually jumped back in the hog lately and it's nice to have a lot of content to use it with. I can't wait for Baltic dragon's iron flag NTTR campaign. I definitely have enough to keep me busy until content for the harrier and hornet shows up.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #3958
mithandra
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 522
Reputation power: 17
mithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nicemithandra is just really nice
Default The Right Price

Hey All

Wanted to comment on the threads that have been banging about about the full price of the Hornet but they have all been closed.

Anyways, I personally think this is the right price, for the amount of work that has gone into the development of this module and the sheer functionality and detail that will be feature complete at some point in the life of its development.

For 2.5 I think ED should have a donate button, so the people that want to support them and thank them for all the hard work they are putting into the new Caucasus map that is essentially free.

Anyways really looking forward to flying this bird when its released, almost as much as the impending 2.5 release

roll on the end of Jan

Thanks Specter
__________________
Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i7 7700k, Asus ROG Maximus Code, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS Extreme 1080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 16 - Oculus Rift CV1, HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals


Last edited by mithandra; 01-12-2018 at 06:35 PM.
mithandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:07 PM   #3959
frixon28
Member
 
frixon28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NA
Posts: 393
Reputation power: 3
frixon28 has a spectacular aura aboutfrixon28 has a spectacular aura aboutfrixon28 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
For 2.5 I think ED should have a donate button, so the people that want to support them and thank them for all the hard work they are putting into the new Caucasus map that is essentially free.
Just keep buying modules from them, or just rebuy modules
frixon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #3960
Peter22
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: usa
Posts: 360
Reputation power: 10
Peter22 has a spectacular aura aboutPeter22 has a spectacular aura aboutPeter22 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithandra View Post
Hey All

Wanted to comment on the threads that have been banging about about the full price of the Hornet but they have all been closed.

Anyways, I personally think this is the right price, for the amount of work that has gone into the development of this module and the sheer functionality and detail that will be feature complete at some point in the life of its development.

For 2.5 I think ED should have a donate button, so the people that want to support them and thank them for all the hard work they are putting into the new Caucasus map that is essentially free.

Anyways really looking forward to flying this bird when its released, almost as must as the impending 2.5 release

roll on the end of Jan

Thanks Specter
Agree!!!! this post is being closed, however I will like to say that we are talking about the best module ever created in the history of simulation..PERIOD!!
I was expecting an more higher price for this module specially if will be the same quality as the A10C.. ..I am in shock early release is ONLY 59.99..pre-purchasing today!!!
Regards
__________________
My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia 980 4GB Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 on SDD and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Last edited by Peter22; 01-12-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Peter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f-18

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.