Warthog slew control replacement part

Mine died too recently. But only after my main board died!!!!!!! Once Hegykc's new joystck and throttle bases are selling, I'll be ditching the warthog and buying his gear. For the price of what I'll get for my warthog I may be able to get his gear and a couple of joystcks (maybe!)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Hansangb, I just ordered polished black plastic from Staples, but just saw that you ordered resin. Should I cancel and get resin? I'd think plastic would be ok.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I'm thinking you should be OK. My Resin one came out nice. I've yet to install it, because I'm working on installing my physical switches. But in terms of "hardness" it looks and feels fine with resin. I can't imagine you'd go wrong with plastic.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 1 month later...

Trying to disassemble, but cant remove the retaining clip (with the square center, left on the phto), out of the main housing (without damaging the switch or disconnecting the wires)

Any help welcome.

IMG_20150110_113305_zpsd6e13d80.jpg~original

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

I did it several weeks ago and that was the part that caused the most frustration, but I eventually got it . I'm afraid you'll just have to (carefully) keep at it.

Mine works great with some extra deadzone and saturation tweaking.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 2 weeks later...

I stole something from my old Logitech gamepad:

analog.png

Now I'm waiting for an Arduino board and a pre-soldered thumbstick board / module... also trying to figure out how to make a Saitek X-55 -like scroll wheel to the left handle. :helpsmilie:

Now I'm waiting for an Arduino board and a pre-soldered thumbstick board / module... also trying to figure out how to make a Saitek X-55 -like scroll wheel to the left handle. :helpsmilie:

You can use a encoder for this and get infinity scroll in both directions.

With Arduino PRO Micro and MMJoy2 firmware you can set this encoder as virtual axis if needed.

I stole something from my old Logitech gamepad:

analog.png

How did you mount the mini joystick inside the throttle?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Although not a complete replacement for the Throttle Slew Control I have been using an alternative to dismantlement!

I wouldn't talk you out of it, I'm not that confident to take to it with a toolkit. My eyesight is well used (abused) and the hands are a little shaky when it comes to surgical procedures. So, I use an alternative.

I purchased a Logitech F310 Gamepad controller. The cost was NZ$30 (US$20) Took it home (why not) and plugged it in. (USB) Worked out of the packet, no additional software, it was seen by the game control set up.

It's currently held by rubber bands and a block of wood to the left hand side of Throttle thing.

I use it for the TGP slew and it works (for me) really well. Some extra buttons come in handy for seat up/down, ladder out, NVG etc.

Maybe off topic, but just a thought.

I will try and stick in a photo below.

1914710563_TricktometricControlBracket.thumb.jpg.3b9c60bdd7032646e0a24851c70cdb92.jpg

Simple and effective! I have one of those lying around here somewhere! :)

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1