Gpu cooler

lazduc

Have any of the users of the 1080Ti installed a water cooler?

I have 2 EVGA 1080Ti and just purchased 2 EVGA water cooler/blocks. Just curious how

difficult the installation of the kits will be. And if you have done this do you have any

tips you can share?

Laz :D

BitMaster is the guy you need to talk to about this, his the only one I know that runs a custom water loop here with the Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon.

He's normally around to help, must be busy with the fam perhaps.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I have no idea tbh as my Poseidons come equipped with the Hybrid cooling solution.

I took my pals 1080ti apart when it failed, it's not that complicated, just do it slowly and look twice before pulling anything off.

I'd check youtube if there is a video that shows you what to do. You need the correct screwdriver(s), new paste and maybe thermal compound pads for VRAM chips but maybe the coolblock is milled in such a way that it uses paste instead of pads for VRAM.

Doesn't the block come with a detailed manual ?

Make sure the block fits the pcb. Are your ti's Founder Edition layout ? That is what most coolblocks demand. Some blocks are specifically made for custom cards like STrix OC edition or alike. Make 100% certain PCB and coolblock are made for each other before you unpack anything and before you rip things apart ! ;)

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Okay, first thing you do is carefully unpack those jewels. Hold them one in each hand.

Got them?

Now, throw them in the trash.

You should be using nothing less than USP-grade liquid nitrogen on that card. BOLO for one of those hospital gas trucks that goes to the minor surgery clinics. They can be stubborn, so bring a handgun. It wouldn't hurt to look disheveled and desperate, too.

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.