Magnitude 3 Development Update – May 2018

Hiromachi

Dear pilots,

today we have for you a small update to give you a better picture of what is going on. Firstly, we would like to inform that the issue with MiG-21bis module and Persian Gulf map has been solved and you should be able now to enjoy flying Fishbed over the hot deserts of Iran or sand dunes on the outskirts of Dubai whenever you wish to. Secondly, while our programmers were working around the clock on solving that problem, our artist took his time to further improve cockpit details and add raindrops on MiG-21bis and CE2 canopy, which you can appreciate in the following video:

Last but not least, while you will be enjoying MiG-21bis on a new Persian Gulf map, we've prepared a small tease of the Christen Eagle 2 spinning around Burj Khalifa and Burj Al Arab.

Please, visit our website to see the entire gallery:

http://leatherneck-sim.com/2018/05/30/quick-development-update/

Full list of changes is available here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3504350&postcount=11

Magnitude3LLC

Edited by -Rudel-

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thank you! :-D

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Looking good, and thank you for getting this squared away!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It looks great, but I've come to expect that. I do have a question, though.

The Fishbed's performance sticks out when compared to other aircraft. Are you currently making any effort to bring it into parity with other offerings in DCS?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

What do you mean by the performance ? You mean the FPS you experience in that module ?

There was already some work done on that matter since November and results of it were released in December as an updated collision model: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156639&page=6

As for the rest, the 3d model itself and textures are within the limits so there are really no improvements that could be achieved by messing with it.

Personally Ive been flying for a couple hours on Persian Gulf and cant spot any difference to other birds. With the rig as in signature and settings on high I have around 80 FPS on the ground and stable 100 FPS in the air. That I consider very good.

I will ask what else could be done, perhaps something else can be figured ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

This is great! I'm really happy to see the MiG-21 getting some much-needed updates in the last weeks. The rain drops look awesome. It's one of my favourite modules in DCS.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

What do you mean by the performance ? You mean the FPS you experience in that module ?

There was already some work done on that matter since November and results of it were released in December as an updated collision model: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=156639&page=6

As for the rest, the 3d model itself and textures are within the limits so there are really no improvements that could be achieved by messing with it.

Personally Ive been flying for a couple hours on Persian Gulf and cant spot any difference to other birds. With the rig as in signature and settings on high I have around 80 FPS on the ground and stable 100 FPS in the air. That I consider very good.

I will ask what else could be done, perhaps something else can be figured ;)

It's still, I suppose, "heavy" and will cause stuttering when loaded as an AI. I'm out of my element here, though, admittedly. I haven't done any sort of modeling or texture work in a very long time. I suppose I could be talking more about the texture loading than anything else?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

This is great! I'm really happy to see the MiG-21 getting some much-needed updates in the last weeks. The rain drops look awesome. It's one of my favourite modules in DCS.

+1

I'm really happy with the updates for the Fishbed :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Will you guys finally add pilot body to the Mig 21 please?

+1

(in a less demanding tone though)

Adds to so much immersion in VR - and that's where the future is with DCS.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

• 1 month later...

Corsair?

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]