DCS broken in latest SteamVR version.

GunSlingerAUS

I've just followed the excellent DCS VR guide here to fix my HP Reverb resolution issues in DCS, as the Reverb requires the new SteamVR beta and WMR Portal beta to enable the correct native resolution. However, doing so has broken my DCS menu and cockpit views, so that both are now set approximately 7 feet below my actual, real word view position. This makes the game totally unusable (can barely navigate menus, and can't move the in-game camera back into the cockpit).

I have attached screenshots of the problem.

I've tried the following to solve the problem, to no avail:

1.) Deleted my WMR room setup configuration, and recalibrated via WMR.

2.) Rebound the DCS VR center key and hit it - this causes my menu/cockpit to flash in the correct position for about 0.2 seconds, but it then goes straight back to the broken view.

3.) Used SteamVR Reset Seated Position button in the SteamVR menu, but this does the same thing as solution #2.

4.) I can just barely navigate into the first quick start flight, but then I can't move the camera down and into the cockpit using the ctrl+shift+numpad keys far enough. It seems to stop moving about 4 feet above the cockpit.

5.) Hit numpad 5 to recenter in-game view.

Note, this problem only occurs with DCS. Every other game is fine, as the Steam Reset Seated View button works in every other title I've tested, including IL2. I need to use the SteamVR latest beta to enable the true resolution of the Reverb for every game, and it also has a better reprojection method.

Anybody know how I can fix this issue? Or will ED need to patch the game to get it working?

145233572_VRMenu.thumb.jpg.e8313a383899f49d45aebb9031a1fa5a.jpg

858091449_VRCockpitView.thumb.jpg.99dbd1ad5583d7fb57e06314a26c576d.jpg

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

The only time I have seen similar is when floor is set to the wrong height, except I have gotten the opposite, as in I am stuck at floorboard height. But it has only happened when using controllers in the steam home....never seen it in DCS. I usually do a floor reset before going into any games. There should be a reset floor button in the advanced steam menu (this is seperate to the steamVR menu quick calibrate and is done from inside steam room in VR) . Unless its in the Open VR advanced menu.....I will check. The other thing to try is do a room scale setup or vice versa seated/standing set up (I always calibrate while standing if possible), opposite to what you originally set up and see if that makes a difference. Are you using controllers in game or just mouse? I dont think its a DCS issue......do you have the beta and release version installed to try the other version to the issue?

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

• ED Team

Hi

strange issue, my WMR looks fine.

We should rule out a settings issue within DCS itself, follow the crash guide in my signature.

We want you to make a backup of your dcs.openbeta folder in your saved games location. Then run a repair / verify and test again, do you see the same?

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hey guys

Ok, so the floor thing wasn't an issue - way too obvious my friends! It turns out that the problem appeared to be OpenVR Advanced Settings plugin for Steam. Somebody on the WMR Reddit forum suggested this, so I uninstalled it, then uninstalled SteamVR and WMR for Steam. Then I reinstalled SteamVR beta, WMR beta, and ran the game. Now it's all working perfectly, with the VR Center button doing its job. And now I get the added bonus of running at the Reverb's default resolution for added crispy benefits!

Thanks for your suggestions though guys, much appreciated. Now to play with async reprojection!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

And now I get the added bonus of running at the Reverb's default resolution for added crispy benefits!
For info the WMR beta simply fixes the scaler values in SteamVR. You can get exactly the same resolutions with or without it you just have to play with the slider to get the resolution per eye you want. Also 100% using the WMR beta is 1.4x native which is the standard SteamVR multiplier to counter lens distortion.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Interesting - so I don't need to faff about with any resolution settings in WMR or SteamVR, correct? I left everything at 1x and it's perfect.