[REPORTED] RWS radar stabilization and tracking loss

KungFu

man I was hoping for a fix or update today

Maybe next week. I'm just asking myself if this is recognized as bug and they are going to fix it. I'm not complaining, i'm just asking if there is some official word about it.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just weird that no one has even acknowledged this problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yea I wasn't complaining I was just curious on the official stance on this. Is no one encountering this issue on the testing team? Makes air to air confusing in most misisons as someitmes it locks and other times it behaves erratically.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Well at least explain to us the proper use of the radar if it’s “not a bug”. Clearly the material we have doesn’t cover this. We need guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

It's just weird that no one has even acknowledged this problem.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That's what worry me. I fear its not considered a bug...

in the meantime...i send another track from stable :smilewink:

F18_radarbug_stable.trk

Well, just finished 2 hours long online session with my friends… I've never been that pissed like today. Flying the 18 is now like driving a Ferrari looking car with a tractor engine… During this 2 hours of flying I've had normal lock 2 times maybe. We were flying simple mission, only IR missiles, some ground units, no scripts etc. Ended up in flying a Mirage...

I ran into this bug, so I removed the SRS line from ~/Saved Games/Scripts/Export.lua. After that, my radar worked normally in TTI. Not sure if it was a fluke, but it's something to try.

Can U please explain better wich line? I made a search SRS in the script but i didn't find it

it will only be there if you installed SRS radio. it will look like this:

local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]])

Ho..thanks...I'll give it a try :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have two lines in that file, one for SRS and one for Tacview and I commented each out and no joy. I also turned off tacview export in the menus. I figured if anything tacview might have something to do with it since DCS exports flight data for it...but also no joy.

I find it really odd that no official comment (even as simple as we are aware and are working on it) has been made on such a game breaking bug for many people, especially since we have spent our own time troubleshooting and have provided ample evidence in track files that there is an issue.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Seeing as the same update from the beta made it to the stable release, I'm sure more people will notice it now unless it's completely random which I don't think it is. Too many here have experienced it to be a random event.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

It amazes me that after 8 days and so many views, comments and tracks/videos no dev acknowledged the bug yet, looks like the carrier sliding that they were in denial for weeks before admiting it (and promissing the fix for last patch, then not fixing it).

We are not asking for an immediate solution we just want to know that the devs are aware of the problem and are working on a fix asap (hopefully a hotfix) since it compleatly broke the hornet's combat capability

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

As I noted, in my case this bug only occurs in MP. I think it would be helpful for folks reporting this bug to clarify whether or not this is the case for them. Otherwise devs/testers reading this thread may assume (reasonably) that SP vs MP does not matter and, upon testing and being unable to reproduce the bug in SP, dismiss it. So maybe (a) edit the the first and for that matter all previous post to note that the bug occurs in MP and (b) highlight it with "[EDIT: MP ONLY]" to draw attention to it?

As I noted, in my case this bug only occurs in MP. I think it would be helpful for folks reporting this bug to clarify whether or not this is the case for them. Otherwise devs/testers reading this thread may assume (reasonably) that SP vs MP does not matter and, upon testing and being unable to reproduce the bug in SP, dismiss it. So maybe (a) edit the the first and for that matter all previous post to note that the bug occurs in MP and (b) highlight it with "[EDIT: MP ONLY]" to draw attention to it?
A page or so back I posted a track and for me it was in SP. Most people notice it more in MP but here have been a few who saw it in single player too.

I had this bug in SP, no Mods, Scripts, extra tools running, just the vanilla DCS Open Beta version without any modifications. Trackfile and Video showing this Bug a couple pages back.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Here is something even more interesting. I fly a training mission with carrier and a few tankers about (same one in my track on post 2)

TACAN is also behaving the same, I tune it to the tanker and head for it, only to find no tanker there. I'm doing 500+ knots towards the TACAN source and the distance is barely reducing and when I get there, the TACAN goes indicator on the hud goes to 6 o'clock like I passed the tanker....only there was no tanker there.

See if I can't reproduce and get a shorter track for that.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Here is something even more interesting. I fly a training mission with carrier and a few tankers about (same one in my track on post 2)

TACAN is also behaving the same, I tune it to the tanker and head for it, only to find no tanker there. I'm doing 500+ knots towards the TACAN source and the distance is barely reducing and when I get there, the TACAN goes indicator on the hud goes to 6 o'clock like I passed the tanker....only there was no tanker there.

If you can, you should probably open it up as a new thread so it is recognized as a valid issue not buried here on pg 9 of a separate (and also valid) issue!

I've seen this happen even before this patch, mostly online. You can see the same thing happening on the YouTube video of recon Stewart practicing bvr and AAR live stream.

I am suspicious that this may have something to do with distance maybe? In this track I target tanker Texaco and also have TACAN up, while I could not reproduce the goofy TACAN stuff I mentioned before in this track, you do see that I have Texaco locked up and the designator will be off until I get to about 7 miles and then I get a proper lock. I then play with dogfight modes and something seems off here as well but I'm not sure on the parameters of locking up something in those modes. Anytime you see the unlock, that is me doing that so that's not the radar loosing track.

So in the same mission, I can reproduce the issue AND get proper locks on the same target at a later time (could be distance or just a red herring)

f18Radar.trk