VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

Error - DCS wont load

Hi

I updated DCS (Beta) and reloaded the MOD and I now receive an error message which states there is an issue with a token in the shader folder and DCS fails to load further than the DCS splash screen. I have tried repairing DCS and then uploading a new file of the mod and loading as per the instruction. All returns to normal when replacing the original shaker folder. Any advise welcome please?

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

I updated DCS (Beta) and reloaded the MOD and I now receive an error message which states there is an issue with a token in the shader folder and DCS fails to load further than the DCS splash screen. I have tried repairing DCS and then uploading a new file of the mod and loading as per the instruction. All returns to normal when replacing the original shaker folder. Any advise welcome please?

Neal

cant be sure what happened,.. but when updating it may be good practice to:

1. Revert [C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\misc\metacache\dcs.old folder back to dcs

2.Delete fxo and metashader2 files under C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

3.Uninstall the mod via Ovgme or by restoring Bazar backup folder

4.Then update

i think thats about it.. then just reapply the mod as normal..

on one update, i corrupted the main install by forgetting a step.. basically copied old Bazar folder to new updated main folder... Lol, things werent working quite right.. but if you did it by the steps above, there shouldn't be any issues.

Edited by DflippinK

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Same thing here...I am using the current open beta and just installed this mod for the first time.

I saw the same thing Bluethornton described: DCS wont load any further than the DCS Splash Screen.

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

Same thing here...I am using the current open beta and just installed this mod for the first time.

I saw the same thing Bluethornton described: DCS wont load any further than the DCS Splash Screen.

i haven't seen any messages pop up.. but as always the first time you start DCS after installing the mod, it will take about 5-10 minutes for DCS to compile the new set of shaders... you just have to wait for it... after the the first time, the game will start up normally again... other than that i can only really guess that something may have gotten corrupted during the update process..

Edited by DflippinK

Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

It can take even 15 minutes to load but its a 1 time per install thing. Dont worry if the task manager says not responding and if the splash screen asks if you want to close just select continue to wait. Also make sure you are putting everything in the right places.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Hi

Neal

Follow DfliipinK's advice, but remember to revert his step1 and rename the folder back to dcs.old (or whatever you like) after updating, and also reinstall the mod via OvGME.

Good luck!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I just empty the 4 terrains dcs folders. The dcs.old is so you can put DCS back to original but I prefer to just do a clean and repair through Skatezillas app.

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

I just empty the 4 terrains dcs folders. The dcs.old is so you can put DCS back to original but I prefer to just do a clean and repair through Skatezillas app.

Yep, either way works.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I hope DCS is following this thread and looking into adding some of the things from the Mod into the VR settings in game. It should not be needed to do all these things via a mod.

But great work on the mod, nice that there is a "backdoor" for these settings and tweats at least.

I hope DCS is following this thread and looking into adding some of the things from the Mod into the VR settings in game. It should not be needed to do all these things via a mod.

But great work on the mod, nice that there is a "backdoor" for these settings and tweats at least.

NineLines has said - in this thread, I think - that ED are looking into the mod for possible DCS inclusion at some stage.

NineLines has said - in this thread, I think - that ED are looking into the mod for possible DCS inclusion at some stage.

yeah, read that somewhere too

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hi

Thanks for the responses! Sadly I did all of the recommendations and had been using the mod until the last update, did all the uninstall bits and then reinstall as before but get this issue. I will try from scratch and if I get the error I will post a screen shot.

Cheers

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

Hi

Thanks for the responses! Sadly I did all of the recommendations and had been using the mod until the last update, did all the uninstall bits and then reinstall as before but get this issue. I will try from scratch and if I get the error I will post a screen shot.

Cheers

Neal

sorry your havin problems Bluethornton... sometimes a clean install can really do the trick... just no fun waitin for downloads.. good luck..

The grass is now dark green. Is this happening with everyone?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

;3589754']Do i have to reinstall the mod after every patch ?

All mods - including this one! - should be disabled before doing any update, and re-enabled after.

This is where OvGME comes into it's own. Just a button press disables and enables all mods.

However, this mod is more complex than most, so using OvGME is not enough.

This is what I do:

1) disable using OvGME

2) rename the dcs.old folders back to dcs

3) delete the Saved Games fxo and metashaders2 folders

4) do the DCS update

5) rename dcs folders back to dcs.old

6) enable in OvGME

7) run DCS!

Lord we need this to work in multiplayer!!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

With just a couple of files removed it can work in MP and you still see significant improvement. Click the red shield in the MP menu...all the files listed will need to be replaced with the originals or you can remove them from the zip all together and then install it. Or here is a OVGME complient version I made

DCS VR Shaders.zip

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Lets me max out settings at 4xMSAA on 65" 4k. However, I fly only choppers and find the Grass rendering effects tough to take.

Wonder if the Grass effects could be extracted from the mod.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

I fly multiplayer and it works fine. What will get you kicked from a multiplayer server is if it requires a pure client. Some do, some don't but the mod itself works 100% in a no pure client required multiplayer server.

Chic, be more specific about the grass effects you want to modify or delete? Not sure what you are wanting to do. The 229th server mission could possibly be adjusted to lower the FPS impact caused by grass. I'm not sure.

Grey Rider

Edited by mariner3302

Chic, be more specific about the grass effects you want to modify or delete? Not sure what you are wanting to do.

Hey Grey Rider. The Grass doesn't render until you're very close to it. When it does pop up, it's vey abrupt, darker, and dominates the imagery.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS