Slap_Chop

Found the following bug.

Start DCS From Desktop.

Select Create Fast Mission

Select P-51D -30-NA for aircraft.

Run mission.

Aircraft has no controls mapped.

Solution.....

Run any mission with P-51D-25-NA as aircraft first. before running a mission with P-51D-30-NA as

P-51 aircraft type.

Since the sim only has one category for P-51 Real control I suspect the 30-NA variant doesn't load the controls properly.

Not sure if this would happen if you started DCS and immediately ran a user created P-51D-30-NA user mission which would cause some confusion for sure.

Hope this helps

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I just tried this and the first time I created a fast mission with the D-30 the 'Real' P-51D controls had indeed been reset to default.

I shut down DCS, re-installed my back-up 'Config' folder (***remember kids ALWAYS & Religiously back-up your Config folder***), and tried again.

But this time when I spawned into a freshly created D-30 fast mission all the controls were mine - DCS hadn't reverted to default mapping.

Hmm....

OK.

So what happened in my case. I ran D-30 Fast mission 1st thing after entering DCS. Result = No Controls. Then In the same session I exited that mission. Did a fast mission with D-25. Result = Controls are back.

Then any mission after running the D-25 model the D-30 is ok. So it appears it only happens if D-30 mission is the 1st P-51 plane to load after entering DCS.

In other words the D-25 model is the only plane that loads P-51 Real Controls.

At no point did I have to copy a backup config file to fix anything.

Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Slap_Chop

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy and I've had both.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for finding this workaround! I hadn't gotten around to researching this yet, and you've now saved me a whole lot of time :thumbup:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Thought I was going mad, controls were all gone, started fixing them, gave up and came back later only to fly a different mission and controls were back. Don't remember the sequence though. I think I ran Thru the Inferno Normandy first, not sure what Mustang I chose. When I came back I used one of my missions. (Not much help I know)

• 2 weeks later...

So I have been messaged by a banned forum member.

He has the solution to this problem.

Apparently, the issue with -30 not reading control files correctly is exactly the same as it was when Spit IX CW variant was released - lack of separate Input folder in Saved Games location.

create a "P-51D-30-NA" folder in the User/Saved Games/ directory, copy the -25 controls and both your Mustang variants will load and function correctly from the get go.

This is a simple fix for ED. Mod please acknowledge bug submitted. Thankyou

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]