TM Warthog cruves and deadzone

Fishbed-21

Hi all, I just recently purchased the TM Hotas warthog so I decided to give love again to the A10C. Usually Im used to fly without any curves and deadzones since I prefer to have a linear response but I found super hard to fly the hog with linear response. But with curvatures I find annoying that when exiting from the low sensitivity zone there is like a "bounce". So you guys with the TM Hotas warthog are you using any curvatures settings?

Thanks for the help

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

I did not use any curves except for the awful slew switch. It’s all personal preference when it comes to curves.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I'm using a curve of 15 on Pitch, Roll and Rudder for pretty much every single DCS module. Works really well for me, and I've never perceived a "bump" when getting out of the smooth center. Then again, I've never flown DCS without curves (had one on the TM Cougar as well before I got the Warthog).

IMHO curves are a fair trade-off between lost accuracy at the outer edge of the stick travel on the one hand, and a stick with practically no arm, or lever, to speak off. If I ever get an extension, removing all curves from the stick will be the first thing I do. Until then, I stick with what works for me.

So, basically: Find whatever works best for you. Once you get a setting that's good and your muscle memory has caught up with it, that's great. And if there just doesn't seem to be anything feeling right, an extension might be the way to go (and as I've heard it's really recommended anyway, but I'm fine without one so far).

As for deadzone, doesn't feel necessary to me, but if you have some unwanted stick travel in DCS around the center, a small deadzone of maybe 5 might just do the trick.

What @Yurgon says. Just choose a setting that seems most natural for you and try to get yourself familiarized with it - just fly, fly, fly.

Personally, no curves for me - makes the controls feel unnatural. I used to have Saitek X52 and the TM Warthog certainly needed some getting used to because it felt so different - having already learned to do things 'X52 way'. So I basically had to learn to do things again, correct control amounts etc.

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Thanks everybody for the answers! I'll try different values to find the ones that fits to me!

Pain is weakness leaving your body...

My Hangar:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900KF @ 3.60GHz to 5.00GHz

- MB: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390

- GPU: ASUS STRIX RTX 2080 SUPER OC 8GB

- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (8GB x4)

- Storage: 1TB SSD Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

- PSU: ASUS ROG THOR 850W

- Monitor: ASUS ROG XG248Q

- Case: ASUS ROG HELIOS

- Mouse: ASUS ROG CHAKRAM

- Keyboard: ASUS ROG STRIX FLARE

- Headset ASUS ROG DELTA

- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog SN #95039

No deadzones or curves for m.ost birds. But I found that a small curve ( 8 ) on both axis, for the AV-8B actually makes me control the bird better with a feeling that's still mostly linear. For the Hog, just what everyone said about the the slew control.

Edited by lxsapper