CE2 Bug Report

urmomiscallinme

Noticed there isn't a bug report category for the CE2.

Smoke on is delayed. (delay in smoke coming on when control is pressed)

Smoke off is fine. (smoke goes off right on control press)

Might be accurate, but, have noticed tolerance to negative g is very minimal and results in a black out.

Only things I've noticed so far...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]On A Wing & A Prayer - In Memory of my Father who was my instructor, pilot, and co-pilot

NZXT H440 Blue | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7-4790k | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 OC | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | WD Caviar Blue 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 | Corsair H100i | Corsair HX750i | Saitek X-55 Rhino | Saitek Pro Flight Pedals | Track IR 5 w/ Proclip

Also, I've discovered 3 bugs:

- Runaway oil temperature (goes off-scale high)

- Tail wheel animation shows tail wheel turning more (twice as much?) as it should, visually

- When changing elevator trim with buttons on a joystick, the trim doesn't update until you move the stick. So you trim and nothing happens, and then when you move the elevator, it snaps into the new trimmed position

Other than that, a great little plane and a lot of fun to fly! :)

Locked up DCS with my own crash.

I flipped over on the carrier (my fault) and I think I fell into the hangar deck. Too much smoke or sea spray? Anyway, DCS crashed hard. Log attached.

I flipped over because after I landed (boated?) it was a nightmare trying to go from the middle of the flight deck to the stern. I turned too hard and flipped over. Then ended up in the hangar deck, I believe.

New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I have No rudder Input for the aileron.

Does the CE2 even have rudder/aileron interconnect? This is a sport plane and... I assume... the luxury of such an interconnect would not be wanted. I have no idea. But I'm happy with kicking some rudder in the turns.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Oh, and there are many functions in controller assignment that don't apply to the plane, such as weapons firing, flaps and countermeasure dispense.

Yeah:megalol: I tried to put the flaps down and had to go to F2 to see if they came down. Duh...:doh:

,,, a great little plane and a lot of fun to fly! :)

Very much an understatement! As unrefined as it is right now, I'm in HEAVEN!!!

My only complaint so far is the Battery key assignment. Why not just a toggle rather than 2 seperate key assignments?

My only bug report so far is the elevator trim. As McRuffen reported, the elevator doesn't respond to the trim input until you move the stick. However, I have another bug to report that may have some bearing on this. When sitting on the ramp, I noticed while looking from the outside, that the elevator moves with application of trim. The trim tabs appear to move as well but regardless, the elevator should absolutely NOT move as a result of elevator trim input. While sitting there on the ramp, the only thing that should be moving when you adjust the elevator trim is the trim tabs. So this leads me to believe that the trim application in the simulation is a function of some kind of table rather than an aerodynamic function of the position of the trim tabs dependant on airspeed.

Other that that, the Eagle is a joy to fly and I can't say enough about how much fun it is! Well done Magnitude 3!! :thumbup: As far as I am concerned, it's money well spent. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, the elevator does move with trim....the trim tabs are linked to the elevators. Look underneath.

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Propeler and Mixture knobs are close to imposible to operate by mouse (had to assign joy buttons).

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds