Finding combat next to impossible! - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-25-2018, 12:50 PM   #61
Snpusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas_From_Hell View Post
From another post, a tip I got from a real Tiger pilot:

I cannot stress how much of a difference this makes in handling, particularly at slower speeds. You need to get the timing right, generally speaking bring the rudder back to the middle almost a second before where you want the nose to stop. You can make very sudden reversals at a relatively minor speed penalty.

The Tiger can be very stable at higher angles of attack but it likes to go there too often, so be mindful of how much you pull otherwise it will bleed a lot of speed.
Great tip Lucas,

I started using a lot more rudder when trying to shake a pursuer, but I haven't got that timing right. The high G loop with cross control is interesting. Will give that a go.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Snpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:31 PM   #62
Tiger-II

I've seen some weird AI behavior, and a graphical problem.

The AI seems to have better acceleration and more drag than I do, as well as significantly improved turning rate. My speed is good and I know how hard to pull without pulling too much.

I set the AI to "good".

I had one engagement where we were at the merge, I padlocked*** him, and he wasn't physically on the screen. We must have passed with a half-mile.

*** I started using padlock as I have noticed other aircraft actually physically disappear off the screen. I have managed to find video of this ocurring, too, so I know it isn't isolated to my system.

Unfortunately I do not have video of the ghost encounter I had. I know the aircraft was there as he was pinging my RWR and was set to engage at that location. Padlock "saw" him too, but I had nothing. I just turned around anyway, and when he got within a couple of thousand feet of me he just appeared.

I'm no novice at dog-fighting - I used to compete in Falcon.

Nothing has never made me as insanely crazy as DCS during dog-fighting. Visually acquiring targets is not only hard in DCS, but apparently buggy as well.
Tiger-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #63
Vino

Could be my words. I never learned how to fight with F-5. Watched some tiger training videos, and it looked like we were flying a different jet. I also bought the BFM campaign, but got nowhere with it, so I uninstalled the plane, got so frustreted. Now I’m happy with my Spit and M2K.
Vino is offline   Reply With Quote