=RAF= Server Rules

hawk1

Since there is no LO online subforum in the English speaking community forum, I'm posting here.

You can find our server statistics here : http://80.250.162.148/stats/Default.aspx?dir=1&subdir=5

You can find our server rules here : http://80.250.162.148/stats/Default.aspx?dir=10

Failure to comply with these rules

1 time will lead to a 1 week ban,

2 times – 1 month ban,

3 times – permanent ban.

Although it isn’t mentioned in the rules, being on the server as spectator is not welcomed and it can be a reason for a ban for spying.

translation by © =RAF=Shemit

• Like 1

Тяжелая поступь,

Суровые лица

Штурмовики идут похмелиться

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

hawk1, I was wondering if you or anyone in your squad knew anything about this :

I am currently developing a rotation software for lockon that rotates to specific missions given certain objectives being met. It runs right now on RvE dedi in HL(and is opensource for anyone who wishes to download), but some of us would like to extend the functionality of this softare so it can ban player callsigns if certain conditions are met(alternatively somehow get the IP from the ingame callsign so we can use some 3rd party software to block connections to that IP). The thing is I cannot figure out neither how to send automatic kick commands in lockon, OR how to get an IP from an ingame callsign. Are there any logs to see this built in in lockon?

We have no problem detecting loped mods or seing "cheat" events, but we do not know how to tell lockon to kick anyone. Is there a smart way to tell lockon to kick a specific player?

Do we need to access some IP logs - do these exist for lockon?

All help is greatly appreciated!!!!

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

• 7 months later...

Firing of R-27T/ET without a valid lock ("LA" cue) is forbidden; using Fi0 mode to fire R-27T/ET beyond its actual lock range is forbidden; locking R-27T/ET onto previously launched missiles is forbidden.

Тяжелая поступь,

Суровые лица

Cool thank =RAF=hawk1

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

About ET\T launch without LA... Often it is that LA shows for 1 sec or less and we can't fire it cos it disappeared few miliseconds ago? oO

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

using Fi0 mode to fire R-27T/ET beyond its actual lock range is forbidden;

I find this strange and a bit of a grey area, except the obvious override being banned,I don't see how Fi0 can be regarded as wrongful play, what is its actual lockrange when you can get пр/LA from near 20km away at a turning bandit in Helmet/Bore/Vertical etc. without override, its all within the context of Lockon the same as maddog ARH missiles being way overmodeled is part of LO, shouldn't they be banned from being maddogged aswell?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Not really, since their INS is UNDERmodeled ... or non-existant as the case may be, to say nothing of their chaffophilia ;)

You don't want to go down that path.

I find this strange and a bit of a grey area, except the obvious override being banned,I don't see how Fi0 can be regarded as wrongful play, what is its actual lockrange when you can get пр/LA from near 20km away at a turning bandit in Helmet/Bore/Vertical etc. without override, its all within the context of Lockon the same as maddog ARH missiles being way overmodeled is part of LO, shouldn't they be banned from being maddogged aswell?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes, the scan zones are enormous in terms of the angular scan speed. The track ranges are shorter than what they should be however; and yes, you can launch those missiles in RL without a lock. It is specifically mentioned in the MLU manual even, I believe.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Yes, you can, but so can the ET's.

Yes. In an emergency, uncooled, unguided profile. Rosette seekers are very bad about locking onto anything but your target if you don't lay'em on target properly to begin with.

And in RL, at 30km-40km, the ARH would have a much better possibility to hit. However, fact remains, both have little chance of reaching a manuevering target. While in LO, both are quite successful...

This isn't entirely correct. An AMRAAM without MCU's (so say, a 'properly maddogged' AMRAAM) has the same long-range Pk as a Sparrow missile )because the target can maneuver) The British found that out the hard way, and installed the missile data-link.

An ET that' mad dogged would have a Pk less than that of a vietnam-era heater. THAT is the proper comparison you should be looking at.

Strictly speaking? Yeah, you're right, they're all wrong. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it does make a HUGE difference, X-Man. HUGE. The devil is in the details, and if you want a semblance of realistic BVR those details need to be heeded. Right now a maddogged ET is more effective than a fully-guided 120 in LO, nevermind exploits and such.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right now a maddogged ET is more effective than a fully-guided 120 in LO, nevermind exploits and such.

Can you prove that? Coz I would really like to see that...

What Im trying to say is that the ET might be flawed, but so are the ARHs (and not just under-modeled...)

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

Do the numbers. I did them a LONG time ago and no longer have them handy. I spent hours counting and watching and recording launches, type of launches and kills. :)

Sadly I also did it on a piece of paper instead of EXCEL :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're saying that if I launch a ET at 30km with no lock, it will be more effective than a 120 launched with lock and fully supported, at the same distance?

I think not....

Sure the ET is really lethal, but mostly due to no lock-warning, not that the seeker is much more uber...

Edited by X-man

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

You're saying that if I launch a ET at 30km with no lock, it will be more effective than a 120 launched with lock and fully supported, at the same distance?

I think not....

Sure the ET is really lethal, but mostly due to no lock-warning, not that the seeker is much more uber...

i agree ;)

Most of time ET in front hit cause the guy don't see launch and do nothing to evade it.

Ifnot there is nothing easier to evade than an ET fired in Maddog.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vae Victis

Guys, I'm glad to see that there is discussion about maddog ET is rising. But I have to remind you that was server rule. Try to not brake that rules. One man has 7 days jail for it already.

Sorry for my bad english. :doh:

Тяжелая поступь,

Суровые лица

Guys, I'm glad to see that there is discussion about maddog ET is rising. But I have to remind you that was server rule. Try to not brake that rules. One man has 7 days jail for it already.

Hi Hawk,

im aware of ET maddog being banned , but why Fi0 tone launch also?

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

but why Fi0 tone launch also?

Cause the R27ET could be launched at maximum distance(mean maddog) in this mode.

Sorry for my english 1 more...

Тяжелая поступь,

Суровые лица

The ET arrives with more energy (shouldn't - inefficient flight path), gives no warning (in many cases, AMRAAM shouldn't give you much warning either) and is being launched under conditions that would have otherwise caused it to go for the nearest cloud, the sun, or a reflection of the sun somewhere from the ground.

As is in LOMAC, the ET is more effective maddoged than a properly guided AMRAAM which:

- Arrives slower

- Gives plenty of warning

- Is very susceptible to countermeasures

In fact, its often easier to dodge an AMRAAM at NEZ ranges than it is to dodge an ET. This should tell you something. You should go launch a few of these things, and then you'd see - but again, you can just simply go and do the math, too.

You don't really need causes of why this happens unless you're going to fix the causes - causes are irrelevant in this case. The magical Pk number is all that matters in this comparison.

I think not....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact, its often easier to dodge an AMRAAM at NEZ ranges than it is to dodge an ET.

You can virtually always see an ET launched except for when the smokeless bug appears, so allowing you to pop a few flares and voila, ET trashed, I ask you to try this against an AMRAAM and then do your math. ;)

Its the ones you don't see that kill you, common sense really.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"