Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Kuziecov is even pretty carrier, this "jump" gives its nice looking.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

BTW does Ukraine have any airworthy Su-33?!

No but as you know the NITKA carrier training complex is located at the Saki airbase. With the break-up of the Soviet Union this became Ukrainian territory and the Su-33 in the photo is likely a test airframe that was left behind :) .

All ten Su-25UTGs produced were initially stationed at NITKA and these were split equally between Russia and Ukraine, so Ukraine may still have airworthy Su-25UTGs though.

Sorry for OT!

This is not OT :) .

JJ

Kuznetsov and Gorshkov!

Is that early '90s pic?!

I don't know when the photo was taken(it didn't say), but it doesn't have to be from early 90'ies - the Gorshkov was actually in service until 1997 when it was laid up in reserve.

JJ

Alfa, doesn't russian navy still use Saki as a training facility?!

Yes but they pay Ukraine for using it. I am not sure what the exact arrangement is though - i.e. whether it is on an actual lease basis with a fixed anual payment or whether they just pay a fee per training session :) .

JJ

Belly landing ;)

Look at those Su27's afterburners. What a strange colour... Never seen that before.

Sorry OT, I hope is OK. Hey Poko, I have seen that color on lots of afterburners/reheat. AFAIK, It depends on how dark it is outside. I know that at night the flame looks blue and during the day it looks yellow. Also in a "hush house" http://www.nellis.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123022994

the flames look different, more like a blow torch. At least they look that way up close.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Sorry OT, I hope is OK. Hey Poko, I have seen that color on lots of afterburners/reheat. AFAIK, It depends on how dark it is outside. I know that at night the flame looks blue and during the day it looks yellow. Also in a "hush house" http://www.nellis.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123022994

the flames look different, more like a blow torch. At least they look that way up close.

Correct but don't forget that Afterburner cone's color depends on atype of fuel that's being burned.

For instance standard fuel for Falcon is a JP4 and you'll have orange afterburner while Navy's using JP5 that seems more blueish. JP5 has more calories (octane) and is more powerful fuel, so temperature required to burn that fuel is higher. That's why you have blueish effect. Just like a blowtorch, higher the temperature more blue it gets!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]