DCS World Patch Notes Discussion Thread

BIGNEWY

• ED Team
No one word today about performance or fps fixes, specially in VR. Anything said about clouds improvement or other fixes. This is not good, ED, not good.

OPTIMIZE YOUR SIM PLEASE!!!

As mentioned our focus is bug fixing at the moment, we have seen performance increases internally, hopefully when we patch you will also.

Next open beta patch is planned for the 15th July, if that changes we will let everyone know

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

No one word today about performance or fps fixes, specially in VR. Anything said about clouds improvement or other fixes. This is not good, ED, not good.

OPTIMIZE YOUR SIM PLEASE!!!

+ 10.000

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

+ 10.000
You can check post number 1866 just one post above yours, you will see Bignewy addressing this question.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

You can check post number 1866 just one post above yours, you will see Bignewy addressing this question.

About new clouds ??

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

They are not a bug fix.... so I wouldn’t expect news of that any time soon....

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

For me going from 16gb ram to 32gb made miracles. And spesial in The channel Map. I dont use VR though, only Track Ir.

Hi,

Could you PM me or reply here what sort of increase you found to your performance please as have been contemplating this for a long time now but read mixed opinions

Cheers

Hi,

Could you PM me or reply here what sort of increase you found to your performance please as have been contemplating this for a long time now but read mixed opinions

Cheers

Personally, I saw very little difference in DCS when I went from 16Gb to 32Gb. That was a couple of years ago, though.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

My choke point appears to be video card rather than RAM. Having said that, with 32Gb and a 1060GTX I don't have any performance issues. But I didn't really notice anything other than a very occasional stutter with 16Gb either to be honest...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

Hi,

Cheers

First I upgraded my motherboard and my CPU from a i7-3770 to a i9-9900K, but only bought 16gb ram. I was very dissepointed when I discovered that I still had and even more bad lagg (the planes stopped for a second or two in the air before it continued). The people here adviced me to have at least 32 gb ram and when I did that, I have no problem anymore. I use a RTX 2060 Super 8gb. (same as I used before I upgraded)

First I upgraded my motherboard and my CPU from a i7-3770 to a i9-9900K, but only bought 16gb ram. I was very dissepointed when I discovered that I still had and even more bad lagg (the planes stopped for a second or two in the air before it continued). The people here adviced me to have at least 32 gb ram and when I did that, I have no problem anymore. I use a RTX 2060 Super 8gb. (same as I used before I upgraded)

Excellent, I went ahead and ordered an additional 16GB as it is on sale now so should hopefully reduce stuttering and ED can optimize here and there to iron out the last bad bits.

:thumbup:

Personally, I saw very little difference in DCS when I went from 16Gb to 32Gb. That was a couple of years ago, though.

Was it before or after 2.5 dropped? Because that made me upgrade to 32GB instantly since the performance regards stuttering was abysmal and DCS kept crashing up constantly. I couldn't even open up the ME and have it load completely. Upgrading made the crashes go away and reduced stutters noticably, although I just finally got rid of them by throwing out my 970 3.5G and putting an actual graphics card in there instead.

Bear in mind that DCS runs quite well on 32GB with the swapfile disabled - which eliminates stuttering due to swapping completely.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Was it before or after 2.5 dropped? Because that made me upgrade to 32GB instantly since the performance regards stuttering was abysmal and DCS kept crashing up constantly. I couldn't even open up the ME and have it load completely. Upgrading made the crashes go away and reduced stutters noticably, although I just finally got rid of them by throwing out my 970 3.5G and putting an actual graphics card in there instead.

Bear in mind that DCS runs quite well on 32GB with the swapfile disabled - which eliminates stuttering due to swapping completely.

Noted thanks for the advice everyone!

Should be here tomorrow, as usual I am like a kid at Christmas :lol:

Stutter free DCS, the stuff dreams are made of!

Let us know how it goes. If it helps you as it helped me, it might help others too :)

MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT. Loaded up FW190A dogfight on the Channel map and although FPS are still nowhere near where they should be (due to DCS OB needing optimized) all of the stuttering i experienced before is gone. Night and Day! :thumbup: Very pleased

MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT. Loaded up FW190A dogfight on the Channel map and although FPS are still nowhere near where they should be (due to DCS OB needing optimized) all of the stuttering i experienced before is gone. Night and Day! :thumbup: Very pleased

Happy to hear that :)

Is tomorrow big update day? I wonder what's in the kitchen

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Is tomorrow big update day? I wonder what's in the kitchen

Let's hope they haven't burnt dinner! :smilewink:

Looking forward to the update too....

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

It's like #PatchEve ! But yes looking forward to a SOLID patch rather than rushed out mess... and not burnt as bart states LOL

rushed out? it's been a month :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Not sure how you could say rushed out. Been over a month since the last patch and this one supposed to be bug fixes only. That is a long development time just for bug's. I would very much like to see some viper stuff. The plane has been deserted pretty much since it went EA. A few things here and there but in the time it's been out we should be much further along than we are at this point.