Demo/Free Trial Aircraft Mods deletion? : Issues with updater - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 12:25 AM   #1
Noluck

Default Demo/Free Trial Aircraft Mods deletion? : Issues with updater

I have been deleting the limited demo aircraft/mods and thier files/directories after the free time is up. Otherwise on DCS startup it will indicate the typical not authorized for use. That I understand.

After having some issues with the update of my version of OB to the latest OB 2.5.6.50979. So I ran the updater with cleanup first and then a repair. Took a long time and just about 8GB for the repair. I noticed all of that was mainly updater re-installing 7 demo aircraft/mods. I look at my autoupdate.cfg file, and sure enough there are all the aircraft listed from the free demo and it caused the demo aircraft to be re-installed, even though the free demo time is up.

I only have the original 2 included aircraft and the purchased the F/A-18C. Also purchased the NTTR and PG maps.

Code:
{
 "WARNING": "DO NOT EDIT this file. You may break your install!",
 "branch": "openbeta",
 "version": "2.5.6.50979",
 "timestamp": "20200616-151920",
 "arch": "x86_64",
 "lang": "EN",
 "modules": [
  "WORLD",
  "NEVADA_terrain",
  "FA-18C",
  "PERSIANGULF_terrain",
  "F-15C",
  "SU-27",
  "F-16C",
  "A-10C",
  "UH-1H",
  "HEATBLUR_F-14"
 ],
 "launch": "bin/DCS.exe"
}
So DCS will not automatically delete the limited free demo aircraft automatically? Then update the autoupdate.cfg file? I guess not, so looks like I/we have to again manually edit another config file to keep DCS running properly? Funny, it says DO NOT EDIT in the code.

What have you others done to remove the limited free/demo aircraft mods? Has anyone else have this issue? I'm going to edit the file anyway, seems the only way to fix it. Should be automatic after the free trial period is over.
Hardware: Windows 7 Pro X64, Asus M3N78, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.36GHz, 8Gb DDR2-800, GTX 1060 3Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed | TM Warthog HOTAS
Mods: F/A-18C | NTTR | Persian Gulf
Performance: 40-60FPS+ using NTTR and F/A-18C | Settings: Custom Medium+ capped at 40 FPS (autoexec.cfg) | Version: OB 4.5.6.50979
Noluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:24 AM   #2
Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noluck View Post
I have been deleting the limited demo aircraft/mods and thier files/directories after the free time is up. Otherwise on DCS startup it will indicate the typical not authorized for use. That I understand.

After having some issues with the update of my version of OB to the latest OB 2.5.6.50979. So I ran the updater with cleanup first and then a repair. Took a long time and just about 8GB for the repair. I noticed all of that was mainly updater re-installing 7 demo aircraft/mods. I look at my autoupdate.cfg file, and sure enough there are all the aircraft listed from the free demo and it caused the demo aircraft to be re-installed, even though the free demo time is up.

I only have the original 2 included aircraft and the purchased the F/A-18C. Also purchased the NTTR and PG maps.

Code:
{
 "WARNING": "DO NOT EDIT this file. You may break your install!",
 "branch": "openbeta",
 "version": "2.5.6.50979",
 "timestamp": "20200616-151920",
 "arch": "x86_64",
 "lang": "EN",
 "modules": [
  "WORLD",
  "NEVADA_terrain",
  "FA-18C",
  "PERSIANGULF_terrain",
  "F-15C",
  "SU-27",
  "F-16C",
  "A-10C",
  "UH-1H",
  "HEATBLUR_F-14"
 ],
 "launch": "bin/DCS.exe"
}
So DCS will not automatically delete the limited free demo aircraft automatically? Then update the autoupdate.cfg file? I guess not, so looks like I/we have to again manually edit another config file to keep DCS running properly? Funny, it says DO NOT EDIT in the code.

What have you others done to remove the limited free/demo aircraft mods? Has anyone else have this issue? I'm going to edit the file anyway, seems the only way to fix it. Should be automatic after the free trial period is over.
Not sure about deleting files, but after the previous demo I had the same issue as you and was able to fix it by deleting the modules using the GUI and the module manager.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #3
Noluck

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give that a try and report back.
Hardware: Windows 7 Pro X64, Asus M3N78, AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition @ 3.36GHz, 8Gb DDR2-800, GTX 1060 3Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed | TM Warthog HOTAS
Mods: F/A-18C | NTTR | Persian Gulf
Performance: 40-60FPS+ using NTTR and F/A-18C | Settings: Custom Medium+ capped at 40 FPS (autoexec.cfg) | Version: OB 4.5.6.50979
Noluck is offline   Reply With Quote