Through The Inferno (Georgian Coast) - Highly dynamic and endless task-based mission

Would there be a way to make the EWRS picture reports be off by default? I feel like it clutters the screen when I'm just doing A2G, and I have to turn it off every time I change slot/respawn.

Thank you!

If it's off by default, there's no way right now to turn it on, I'd have to take a bit to tweak the script. For now the way it is, you have to turn it off yourself.

Is it possible to have persistence?

Ie turn off, or PC crash, and continue at the same point as you were?

It is possible but it's not something I'll be working on for a bit, it will require a pretty hefty re-write of the entire mission's base code.

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

UPDATE 01/02/20 - 1: v1.59a

- Added A2A Helo Mission via menu and configurable auto-spawns

- Red and Blue Helo Zeus spawns added to zeus spawn list (check included spawnable units list or briefing for more details)

- Fixed tanker track from running into terrain.

"Through The Inferno"

A2A helo missions?! awesome!

can you tell us a bit more about them? i am guessing it spawns random helos? very exciting as I just purchased the Gazelle and love the Mistral anti-air variant. :)

They will auto-spawn by default, but if you want, you can spawn them with the Mission Spawning menu in F10. - It's a random pool of 7 different helos, you can remove the ones you want via the configurable settings.

Also, you could just spawn them any where on the map using a map marker using our ZEUS spawning system.

"Through The Inferno"

Hello! Thx for awesome mssion.

But can PLANES be on hot start, not cold start? Any option for this?

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

Hello! Thx for awesome mssion.

But can PLANES be on hot start, not cold start? Any option for this?

No option but you can easily change that in the mission editor by changing the slots to TAKE OFF FROM PARKING HOT or RUNWAY

"Through The Inferno"

Oh okay =) Thx!

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

• 2 weeks later...

Question about SAM sites:

As frequent helicopter flyer on the sever I came across yesterday on that topic.

1. Someone destroyed a friendly unit (think it was the radar unit) of an operational HAWK site at Sochi....I was unable to repair (or rearm) this site by delivering another crate to it. It does not let me unpack and says that all the other 3 crates are missing. From sorties on another server I remember that CTLD works different: once a SAM site is damaged you can bring whatever SAM crate, unpack it and the site is repaired (same with rearming).

2. we can deploy BUK SA 11 (obviously russian stuff but in blue coalition). Does a single M18 AMMo truck rearm that unit?

3. whatt are the conditions for HAWK or BUK to be rearmed automatically.... resting on an airfield? Having a single M18 truck nearby? Do we need to rearm the SAM sites manually by bringing crates to them?

I did not find a documentation on this topic but beeing happy to get some informations.

Cheers

Willy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

for some reason, i cannot open the communication menu with the F14, but with every other plane it works.

/edit: fixed - was a setting in the special menu for the F14 (put it back to default and it works)

Edited by tebsu

• 3 weeks later...
Well it seems none of these are working post new patch.

Thank you for the info! Our MP servers are holding off on any updates until ED sorts out the many issues with the latest update.

It seems that the update broke most MP server missions. TTI Singleplayer isn't made for multiplayer but it utilizes client slots and dynamic spawning methods which sadly seems affected by this patch.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a hotfix and see what I can do to get this working with the latest patch.

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE 03/09/20 - 1: v1.60a - Major update for 2.5.6 Compatibility

- Updated compatible DCS 2.5.6 OpenBeta MOOSE (experimental dev) framework

- Random Air Traffic DISABLED by default due to instability in 2.5.6 Open Beta (feel free to re-enable at your own risk and discretion.)

- Airboss Script DISABLED by default due to instability in 2.5.6 Open Beta (feel free to re-enable at your own risk and discretion.)

"Through The Inferno"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Total newb help.

Sorry for the most basic of questions.

I am a mud mover, and upon initialisation, I can see that the mission starts generatiing tasks.

I see the JTAC inputs being created.

I fly the Harrier.

How do you select which mission you want to fly?

Do you make waypoints manually for the JTac you wish to prosecute?

Just need a hand in getting started.

Thx

Regards,

Andy

Sorry for the most basic of questions.

I am a mud mover, and upon initialisation, I can see that the mission starts generatiing tasks.

I see the JTAC inputs being created.

I fly the Harrier.

How do you select which mission you want to fly?

Do you make waypoints manually for the JTac you wish to prosecute?

Just need a hand in getting started.

Thx

Take a look at the readme on how to change mission generation options. You can decide which missions you want to be auto-generated.

You use the communications menu with the \ key then go to F10 other to find the menu options for the mission where you can spawn missions (ground/air), jtac options, awacs reports, intel reports and more.

the JTAC does not communicate with you, it simply is there to lase targets automatically and it provides its information via the JTAC status menu in the F10 other menu.

From there you get the target type designated and its location. You can use this information to generate your on wpts.

I may add wpts to the many mission possibilities, and you will probably find that in the Mission Location intel menu option in F10 other menu.

Let me know if you have any more questions via discord or just make a post on here.

For a2g sites, is there any way to have the units spawned do a patrol/have specific layouts? I feel that this is the main drawback of the mission at the moment, all targets on the ground are static in one position.

Yeah this is the problem with DCS and it's updates these days where moving elements sometimes cause crashes, but the general nature of this style of mission would make it tricky to have moving units.

You could -- put small off road paths on the template units that are in the mission editor if you wanted them to move around a bit, or add your own convoys that just exist on the map in the editor.

Could you update the carriers to be traveling in the same direction? With the Tarawa and Stennis steaming 180 degrees off from each other, only one is effectively operational for flight ops depending on wind direction.

Yeah I can do that next update. You could also change the pathing yourself in the mission editor for now. I'm planning on making an update after the super carrier releases.

"Through The Inferno"

You could -- put small off road paths on the template units that are in the mission editor if you wanted them to move around a bit, or add your own convoys that just exist on the map in the editor.

Thanks heaps, didn't know I was able to do that. Appreciate the quick answer too, I've already had plenty of fun with my friends in your mission. Thanks for sharing your mission with all of us :)

UPDATE 04/16/20 - 1: v1.61a

- Fixed an issue where EWRS was not working properly

- Removed Reset AWACS from debug

- LHA-1 Tarawa matches patch of CVN-74 (on carrier maps only)

- JTAC Target Reports now show DM.M, DMS.S and MGRS

- KC-135 speed adjusted for F-16C usage ~Mach 0.6

"Through The Inferno"

UPDATE 04/16/20 - 1: v1.61a

- Fixed an issue where EWRS was not working properly

- Removed Reset AWACS from debug

- LHA-1 Tarawa matches patch of CVN-74 (on carrier maps only)

- JTAC Target Reports now show DM.M, DMS.S and MGRS

- KC-135 speed adjusted for F-16C usage ~Mach 0.6

KC135 speed adjusted for F16 usage???

Does this mean it’s gonna be too quick for the A10? I appreciate the A10 has a long loiter time, but I do enjoy practicing A2A refuelling with her while on missions. Problem is she’s such a slow aircraft, you can really struggle catching up to the tankers while fully loaded.

Really wish there was a way to adjust the tanker speed on the fly depending on which aircraft you’re refuelling at the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

KC135 speed adjusted for F16 usage???

Does this mean it’s gonna be too quick for the A10? I appreciate the A10 has a long loiter time, but I do enjoy practicing A2A refuelling with her while on missions. Problem is she’s such a slow aircraft, you can really struggle catching up to the tankers while fully loaded.

Really wish there was a way to adjust the tanker speed on the fly depending on which aircraft you’re refuelling at the time.

Next update, which should be soon, I'll include 2 tankers with boom, one for A10 and one for F16/F15

"Through The Inferno"

Mission not loading in the web GUI

Hi, so I have edited the mission. for a private server with some friends. The first edit I made was working. Then I added some more playable aircraft. And I disabled some AI SAM types and aircraft. And now I get this error from the debug console:

17:03:02.146 INFO DISPATCHER loadMission c:/users/administrator/saved games/dcs.openbeta_server/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

17:03:02.146 INFO WORLDGENERAL mission file: "c:/users/administrator/saved games/dcs.openbeta_server/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz" not found, trying Saved Games

17:03:02.146 ERROR DISPATCHER Mission Load Error: Cannot open c:/users/administrator/saved games/dcs.openbeta_server/missions/Through_The_Inferno_South_v181ht.miz

Then it crashes.

Now what is confusing for me is that the mission file is named: TTS_Dynamic_edited_by_2bnb_V1.2.miz

Soooo what am I doing wrong? :(