Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger for DCS World 1.5

BManx2000

By renaming a font of choice to "font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt" you will change the global look of font_tiny.tga" and "font_tiny.txt. This will give you the option of having a larger more easily read font.

I use it and would not want to give it up...it's great!

Perfect. Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BManx2000 there is a Multiplayer compatibility issue with your Chat Enhancer and Text Enlarger 0.4. There is a file in the MissionEditor folder that does not allow the briefing screen to open when in multiplayer. I did a lot of trial and error to figure all this out. Actually I removed the MissionEditor folder out of the text enlarger folder and the text is still large so it's not needed for just the text enlarger.

I could not reproduce your issue. In my tests, the briefing screen worked.

Also, the files in MissionEditor are for the multiplayer chat window.

I could not reproduce your issue. In my tests, the briefing screen worked.

Also, the files in MissionEditor are for the multiplayer chat window.

Click on text enlarger 1440p or 1600p or 2160p there are 3 folders inside, dxgui, MisssionEditor and Scripts. It's the MissionEditor folder that has a file inside that is causing the issue.

That is highly unlikely; the text enlarger only has two files in that folder, mul_chat.lua and mul_chat.dlg, and the only difference between those and the stock files is that window sizes and font sizes have been increased.

Take another look inside any of your main folders you will see the 2 files you mention above. When I remove the folder containing them which is MissionEditor I have no more problems connecting to the briefing room. Yes you can still connect to the server list window with the MissionEditor folder in place but not into any of the servers.

Can I use this file on DCS 2.0 NTTR?

yup

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 1 month later...

Just curious. Why did it need updating?

JUST CHOPPERS

To incorporate changes in the original Lua code.

Roger.

Thanks

JUST CHOPPERS

Realy great mod, it's a MUST HAVE for people who play in 4k.

What is the combination to open the chat window in "side" mode? I tried LCtrl+TAB but its not working. TAB opens it in "ALL"-mode

EDIT: sorry, didn't see it in first post that the combination is "LShift+TAB" for "Team"-mode :doh:

Is there any way i can change this combination? The reason is i am starting DCS through Steam so i have Steam-overlay in DCS. But Steam-overlay is also "LShift+TAB", so i need another combination for teamchat

Edited by CEPEGA

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

no, its working. I just copied the code from "function onShiftTab()" to "function onCtrlTab()".

It's not opening the chat window if you press Ctrl+Tab, but it changes the chat to team-chat if chat window is opened

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Thanks for this mod!

In 1.5.4 though - it blocks the options menu in MP. you cannot edit the controls for example with this mod enabled.

Are you planning on a new version maybe?

Cheers!

Callsign   SETUP

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribed, thanks for this MOD.

ron533 has a good point that needs resolve though,,,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I centralize the Mission Message (top/center)?

I run lots of mods and this one is invaluable to me.

Thank You.

JUST CHOPPERS