How To: Remove centre detend from Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Paddles

• 9 months later...

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the pictures and solution. Makes my pedals far easier to use.

One issue I've encountered though is that about 6 months ago my pedal sensitivity dial just came off. I've never been able to put it back on AND function properly. It is always set to the least tension which I had the thing cranked to max for most of the prior 6 years of use. After I did this fix, I figured out how exactly it functions but it is still caught and will only spin off or take the pedals with it when I twist it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the pictures and solution. Makes my pedals far easier to use.

One issue I've encountered though is that about 6 months ago my pedal sensitivity dial just came off. I've never been able to put it back on AND function properly. It is always set to the least tension which I had the thing cranked to max for most of the prior 6 years of use. After I did this fix, I figured out how exactly it functions but it is still caught and will only spin off or take the pedals with it when I twist it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Had the same issue, then i did the aditional damper-mod to fix and enhance this. :)

But it has to be done well!

Find the right places for the screws and set the angle of the dampers as horizontal as possible, because enormous forces are acting here on the plastics!

This is the best you can get out of this piece of hardware.

I flew the last 3 years with this mod. Now it will be sold on ebay because i have the crosswinds ;)

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Saitek-PRO-Rudder-Pedals-modifiziert-custom-modified-in-OVP/152938590490?epid=140894133&hash=item239bd9b11a:g:igYAAOSwUlFaotc1

At this point, i finally want to say thank you to PeterP for his great efforts and achievements in our forum :thumbup:

20151113_135749.thumb.jpg.6143973699304b91e7509a58432dc495.jpg

20180311_115113.thumb.jpg.95bf0f51c945ca52bc3e8be6deb78b31.jpg

20180310_212132.thumb.jpg.929298966d459a6fac605c2399dfd2ab.jpg

Edited by Ganesh
aditional infos

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 2 years later...

A 9-year old thread, but it helped me do my own pedals last week, so I just wanted to say thank you.

Definitely an improvement and not very hard to do. Just so many freaking base screws to remove!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Setup: Vive Pro 2, RTX 3090, I7-11700K, VKB Gladiator II/K conversion, TWCS, TPR pedals, PlaySeat, SimShaker, VoiceAttack

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When I was cleaning my pedals, the big center tension knob slid off for the first time -- I think from the suction of the vacuum or something.  I slid it back on, and the tension adjustment still works fine.  However, the centering is now gone.  If I move the pedals, they stay wherever you leave them.  Any ideas what's going on and how to fix this?

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick

any chance the metal pin has move out of it's slot somehow when tensioner came off? I've had these apart a few times over the years but I'm sorry can't remember much about what's inside the tensioner arrangement

Edited by Dogmanbird