Network fix for Flaming Cliffs 2

• ED Team

Dear FC2 hosters,

Last weeks we tested network hotfix, that eliminates the vulnerability of servers to DoS-attacks. In total, the checks were drawn up to 7 public FC2 servers (plus our servers), no significant problems were found.

Hotfix and installation instructions are on download page for Flaming Cliffs 2 (http://lockon.co.uk/downloads/patches/). Please don't forget to make backup of binaries from the installation path.

Pay attention that this hotfix is intended specifically for downloadable version of FC2 and does not require activation.

A "side effect" of applying the patch is an incorrect message about the failure of Integrity Check - client will receive message the interrupted connection.

Hotfix must be installed only on the server, there is no necessary to put it on the client. Servers and clients with/without this hotfix still compatible in network game.

• Like 3

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

• ED Team

I forgot to say "Thanks" to hosters (server owners), who help us in hidden 'wild field testing'

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Thanks for the fix ED.

I found that it *does* require re-activation. Since my server has just run out of activations adding the patch killed it, and means I'm offline until I can get a new serial. Stink :(

Awesome news, maybe I'll get back into flying.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

God! can I start rocovering from 2 months worth of Simulation withdrawal symptoms???? :D

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

OK updated my dedicated server with the fix. New superbroad internet connection (70Mb/10Mb) that I guess will alow me to add more players to the server. I did unregister FC2 first and got a message saying I had 9 registrations left but after updating with the fix and registering I only got 4 registrations left. I guess its not a problem anyhow ;) as Ed gives renewals on request.

Thanks to ED for fixing this :D

(HJ)

OK updated my dedicated server with the fix. New superbroad internet connection (70Mb/10Mb) that I guess will alow me to add more players to the server. I did unregister FC2 first and got a message saying I had 9 registrations left but after updating with the fix and registering I only got 4 registrations left. I guess its not a problem anyhow ;) as Ed gives renewals on request.

Thanks to ED for fixing this :D

(HJ)

HiJack, you can check exact status of the key, as well as it's full history, on the starforce website. http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

Enter your key and then click the "Serial Number parameters" link.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

HiJack, you can check exact status of the key, as well as it's full history, on the starforce website. http://proactive.star-force.com/2.0/activate.php

Enter your key and then click the "Serial Number parameters" link.

Cool :D I was not aware of this, thanks!

EDIT: But the list shows only activations and reactivations. I have allways deactivated the license when changing or upgrading my computer! :huh:

Edited by HiJack

• 1 month later...