Anti-Naval Vessel Attack with in MiG-21?

KilledAlive

Just for the heck of it, in a mission I set up, I tried to square between myself in the 21, versus the Carl Vinson aircraft carrier. Quite obviously, it was a monstrous adversary regarding its air defenses, featuring both short and long range missiles, as well as cannons. I was almost immediately toast, and no matter how many Groms I slammed into the superstructure and even dropped a tactical nuke on the thing, it never really managed to get damaged.

First of all, is the Carl Vinson invincible or something? It would make sense given how low detail the model is, and the fact that it doesn't have a health bar in the F10 menu. Secondarily, are there any naval vessels that both pose a threat and can be destroyed? Or, perhaps I could try and take on any other destructible vessel..

What kinds of weapons would best suit attacking a hard target like a ship? Would Ground penetrating bombs work or just punch through the thing? I was using Groms, since I could maintain a low altitude and deliver a good deal of explosives with reasonable accuracy.

I remember having sunk a Perry class frigate with Grom missiles before. Bombs probably work, but most ships are awfully hard to hit, in my experience.

I did this with 2 Grom's as well.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control