TACAN entries

DragonFlySlayer

I am currently going through the training steps provided to get familiar with using the TACAN by entering data. In the mission it uses a 67X example so I enter it and see the information presented. I need practice.

My question is,... after a good minuet or two all the information within the TACAN disappears. Meaning the actual up front controller information and channel I switch to on it and lit up symbology within it's digital realm disappears and it all goes sort of back to an OFF mode.

Is this normal?

I'm still trying to understand it in relationship to the HSI information and then lining up a bearing line for proper directional approach? Of course I need practice... but I was just wondering if it is normal for the UFC to go back to a blank dead looking mode?

I am currently going through the training steps provided to get familiar with using the TACAN by entering data. In the mission it uses a 67X example so I enter it and see the information presented. I need practice.

My question is,... after a good minuet or two all the information within the TACAN disappears. Meaning the actual up front controller information and channel I switch to on it and lit up symbology within it's digital realm disappears and it all goes sort of back to an OFF mode.

Is this normal?

I'm still trying to understand it in relationship to the HSI information and then lining up a bearing line for proper directional approach? Of course I need practice... but I was just wondering if it is normal for the UFC to go back to a blank dead looking mode?

The UFC will turn off after a short time, all you need to do is turn it back on and you input will still be there. TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Why almost all of airfiled does not have a TACAN? Or maybe I should add it from mission editor?

Which map/theater are you talking about?

Keep in mind TACAN is a military installation so don‘t expect it at civil airports.

Almost all airfield of PG map doesnt have it...only one or two has TACAN.

TACAN means Tactical Air Navigation. This is a MILITARY navigation system. Civilian airports don't have it!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

easiest way is to add a waypoint over the airfield....Jabbers explains how to setup a waypoint in his F/A-18 - CASE I Land practice setup video....

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir