Taking control of a plane on the ground from CTRL-J makes it explode

If, from an artillery commander or other CA spot you select a plane that is not airborne, it instantly explodes. Reproduction should be easy

1. From ME, Create an AI plane starting from runway, cold or hot ramp and add a game master slot (F10 View settings all)

2. Run mission, enter CA slot, select AI plane, jump into it via the hotkey.

3. Observe: Explodes

4. Expected: You enter the cockpit

Impact:

Using this method reduces the amount of slots a mission maker would need as the players could select their slot via the F-10 map which would be a step towards having a more pleasant intro view on a mission in progress or a dynamic mission which could do way more on the resource side. This applies to dynamically created "spawns", uncontrolled being activated, late activated and in play AI plane slots.

Having this work could allow a completely different approach to playing a mission and open up new avenues to explore, including dynamically spawned "Client Slots".

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• ED Team

Hi Pikey

thanks for the report, I have not been able to reproduce, maybe I have it setup slightly different to you.

Can you give me a short track file showing it happen? I can follow everything then.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here we go. Works from the Huey client or Game Master, just take one, grab a slot, take control of one of the parked aircraft at Furajaih. You will see sometimes other types, like th ecarrier sometimes is ok, and taking off, but anything slow on floor just goes BOOM.

takeControl.trk

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 3 months later...