F-18 Persian gulf Crash

Habu_69

• ED Team

Hi Habu_69

please remove all unofficial modifications and run a cleanup and repair

I have a guide below

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I opted to reinstall clean. The issue was not good. Could not load the Persian Gulf map at all. No crash, no error, just stalled at the loading screen. Able to lad NTTR, but when I tried to get into an F-18C, wouldn't do it. No crash, just the camera out in space as if the F-18 wasn't in the mission. Try to create a new mission and use the Hormuz map. Results in loading the NTTR map instead. The funny thing is, all was well last night before I went to bed. Wake up this morning an boom! Sim is dead.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Well, that didn't work. A full, clean install gives me the same results. Looking at the log, the game is not reading some of my serial numbers but they are all loaded in the modules section of the GUI. Log file attached. I was right in the middle of painting a plane too. Worked last night, today nothing.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Hello Bananimal

This may be my trouble ... I can actually fly in the Persian Gulf, but in Module Manager, the Serial Number / Key is not present (and in the log, it shows "ERROR: Failed to read serial number of Persian Gulf"). Before I get into the long-winded stuff, I'd like to try the re-activation thing, so how did you do it? (I've already tried the "DCS_Updater.exe install PERSIANGULF_terrain" (suggested by Johnny Rico) and the didn't work).

BTW, what's NTTR?

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

PG is certainly glitched at the moment. Started after the update a week or two ago. Problem starts at the loading screen and I rate the chance of completing a mission without a complete PC freeze, hard reboot. and recovery disc reinitialisation and heart failure at 75/25.

I'm back on NTTR now. PG is so much not worth the angst of a corrupted PC.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Hey Bananimal - it just clicked: NTTR = "Nevada ..." (Duh !!)

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)