Bombs, missiles, intermittent not working.

davebert

How are we supposed to bomb a target if the bombs won't deploy? Sometimes I can drop the 2 outer bombs but when I swing back around to drop the other 2, they won't drop no matter what I try. And to top it off the missiles won't work then either. Is this a know bug??

Thanks,

Dave

Thats weird. No problem here.

For bombs check:

- External Stores to Bomb or Ripple

- Select Jettison to SAFE

- Bomb Arm to everything except Safe

- ARMT Position Select where MK82s are

For missile (you mean rockets right?):

- External Stores to RCKT/DISP

- ARMT Position Select where rockets are

Thats weird. No problem here.

For bombs check:

- External Stores to Bomb or Ripple

- Bomb Arm to everything except Safe

- ARMT Position Select where MK82s are

For missile (you mean rockets right?):

- External Stores to RCKT/DISP

- ARMT Position Select where rockets are

I will double check but if I can drop the bombs for the first drop, and not the second drop, I must have it set right. I also have the switch (forget the name) set to MAN in the top center cockpit.

And I did mean the missiles for air to air. When the bombs quit working then the missiles quit working too. Now that was all before the release yesterday as I was running the stable version so maybe now that I have the released beta (now the stable version) everything may work. I will check and report back later.

Thanks

p.s. I may have been using CBU's too, if that matters...

I will double check but if I can drop the bombs for the first drop, and not the second drop, I must have it set right. I also have the switch (forget the name) set to MAN in the top center cockpit.

And I did mean the missiles for air to air. When the bombs quit working then the missiles quit working too. Now that was all before the release yesterday as I was running the stable version so maybe now that I have the released beta (now the stable version) everything may work. I will check and report back later.

Thanks

99% sure it’s the jettison switch. Happens to me all the time when I drop my fuel tank and forget to reset it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

For sidewinder you have to activate guns/missile switch and the ARMT Position ( usually the last left and right pylon) , once done you can ear the tone.

Check the Select Jettison switch to be in SAFE position, that son of a b***h is always forgotten :doh:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe activating any of the dogfight modes also disables bombs/rockets?

Well maybe that is the problem... We will test some more today with our group of 3 and see if we can sort this out. Yesterday we had bombs work on the first drop but not on the second but who knows if we switched to dogfight mode in between. We will pay attention now. But I do know that when the bombs won't drop if we quit and grab another jet they work. :thumbup: We are flying in multiplayer mode hosted on my pc when we are doing this.

A very simple procedure to know if you're being locked by one of the DG modes is to switch the pipper to manual mode and try to change the depression sight.

If you don't see any change while turning the knob, it means you're still on a DG mode. You have to disengage the DG mode before being able to deliver any bomb/rocket.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

A very simple procedure to know if you're being locked by one of the DG modes is to switch the pipper to manual mode and try to change the depression sight.

If you don't see any change while turning the knob, it means you're still on a DG mode. You have to disengage the DG mode before being able to deliver any bomb/rocket.

Thanks for the added tip. I was reading the manual and was most interested in the DG modes as I hadn't fully studied the radar yet so I didn't even have the DG mode mapped to my HOTAS. I was curious as to what keyboard key was already bound. It just takes time to get all this sorted, that's all. :joystick:

Just make it a habit to press the DG reset when you run in on your target. Easier and faster.

Well I don't have my HOTAS set up yet (Saitek X52 Pro) so I was trying to figure out the key mapped for that. But today I finally get some time to go in there and look through the key commands list and figure it out.

I noticed you have a GTX980TI and my step dad in-law has a GTX980 but has been having lots of problems and having to run low quality graphics settings. I am getting him to upgrade his processor (X58 socket 1366 core I7 920 2.66gHz) to an I7 980 3.33 gHz. He has triple channel ram and only 12 gb so I will have him go to the max of 24gb, and if necessary (I think it is) to upgrade to at least a GTX1070 or better. What quality are you getting with a gtx980TI?

Edited by davebert

Here it is.

Runs pretty smooth. 60 fps, 95% of the time. even in MP.

Thanks. I will get the info to him and we will check it out tomorrow. :) He got the processor upgrade installed today and that already made a world of difference. Was a I7-920 changed to a I7-980.

Edited by davebert