2.5.6 Problem, Fixed with Repair

Dispatch

Happened to me too.

Was able to play one scenario and then quit the game to restart it and now it's stuck at 10% again until I alt-tab and quit the game either by task manager or right-click > close window on the game icon

/Nasder, "I came, I saw, I got shot down."

+1

-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System: Windows 10 Pro | i9 9900K | 32GB RAM (3200 MHz) | RTX-2080s | SSD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware: TM Warthog | MFG Rudder Pedals | 4x TM Cougar MFD | Saitek Switch Panel | Trackir5 | VR: Rift S / Monitor: 31,5" WQHD, G-Sync

Works

1. Repair

2. Reboot

3. Repair again

4. Start normally

I hope works for you guys.

EDIT.

After several tests that consisted of:

1.Repair

2.Open DCS without any other programs open

3.Open the combination of TARGET, DISCORD, SRS, VA and MODS

and then open DCS.

Effectively VoiceAttack with VaicomPro, generates the problem of 10% ...

The only way to avoid it, is once repaired, DO NOT OPEN VoiceAttack.

I hope you find it useful

Edited by Colmillo
Re-Test

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Same here. At first the main menu would start but trying to load any scenario would cause a CTD with a prompt asking if I wanted to report the crash to ED. Did a repair and then rebooted and now it won't start at all, getting stuck at 10%.

EDIT: Removed the Options.lua in the Users/Saved Games folder for the DCS Open Beta and then did another repair, and this time it started once again, but still getting a CTD for any mission I try to load, even if I don't change any of the options or have anything like TrackIR or Voice Attack running.

Edited by Frogisis

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Yeah, even after repairing DCS so that it gets past the 10% hurdle and loads the main menu, if I check the crash logs after trying to load a mission, VoiceAttack.exe still shows up in there, even if it hasn't run at all since I booted the computer.

And if I start Voice Attack at any point before running DCS, then it's back to the "10%" issue even if I fully shut down Voice Attack beforehand, until I do the whole repair process all over again. There doesn't seem to be any straightforward way to disentangle Voice Attack from DCS that I can see right now, but I'll dig a little deeper. Outright uninstalling a program over an issue like this isn't worth it; I don't want to have to get into a distracting email exchange with Voice Attack over why my serial number isn't working anymore with the reinstall and no one can figure out why because it should totally be working and they've never heard of this problem before. The race is on to see if I can solve this with a little more sleuthing before a hotfix comes out.

For when it goes wrong: Win10x64, GTX1080, Intel i7 @3.5 GHz, 32GB DDR3, Warthog HOTAS, Saitek combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5 / Vive Pro, a case of Pabst, The Funk

Yeah, even after repairing DCS so that it gets past the 10% hurdle and loads the main menu, if I check the crash logs after trying to load a mission, VoiceAttack.exe still shows up in there, even if it hasn't run at all since I booted the computer.

And if I start Voice Attack at any point before running DCS, then it's back to the "10%" issue even if I fully shut down Voice Attack beforehand, until I do the whole repair process all over again. There doesn't seem to be any straightforward way to disentangle Voice Attack from DCS that I can see right now, but I'll dig a little deeper. Outright uninstalling a program over an issue like this isn't worth it; I don't want to have to get into a distracting email exchange with Voice Attack over why my serial number isn't working anymore with the reinstall and no one can figure out why because it should totally be working and they've never heard of this problem before. The race is on to see if I can solve this with a little more sleuthing before a hotfix comes out.

Vaicom installs it's Lua modifications each time you run Voice Attack. There's an option in Vaicom to handle DCS side files manually, but it doesn't appear to work. Haven't tried this yet but I sugest move your Vaicom folder inside VoiceAttack plugins folder to another location to deactivate Vaicom completetly until Hollywood fixes it.

• ED Team

Best advice is to remove all unofficial mods run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

If you still have problems attach your dcs log and we will take a look.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Best advice is to remove all unofficial mods run a cleanup and repair or verify for steam users.

If you still have problems attach your dcs log and we will take a look.

thanks

If it's any help, disconnecting & reconnecting internet seems to help.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

They game simply will not go from loading screen to main menu with internet enabled.

Newy I have tried this with both clean and mods installed and same behavior no matter what even went as far as deleting the folder in saved games and letting dcs generate a new one.

Edited by grant977