Campaign : 2nd mission

ikaruga

Hi,

WARNING ! SPOILERS !

In the second mission of the campaign, you fly near the enemy base, and suddenly, you are chased by 4 Mirages. How are you supposed to escape ? They are faster than a JF17. I tried to fly as low as possible to avoid detection, but to no avail ...

Has anyone succeeded ?

I rage quit this campaign in mission one... After spending alot of time trying to figure out how I got the coordinates wrong to change waypoint 3 I gave up and googled it and found out the trigger is broken. So I spent a good bit of time fixing that which wasn't easy since the trigger names are in Chinese. After getting it to work finishing the demonstration flight and getting retasked to intercept enemy planes I jettisoned the remaining A/G weapons. In the brief it says you do not need permission to jettison stores. I got a bombs away and unauthorized weapons release and mission failure...

Hi,

WARNING ! SPOILERS !

In the second mission of the campaign, you fly near the enemy base, and suddenly, you are chased by 4 Mirages. How are you supposed to escape ? They are faster than a JF17. I tried to fly as low as possible to avoid detection, but to no avail ...

Has anyone succeeded ?

No I can't even get the recom done because it is too vague what I'm supposed to be doing when I pass wp3 and come up on 5 6 7 and 8.

Can you change loadouts? The brief recommends against engaging. Wonder if it'd be worth to send 4 sd10's down range at rmax then turn and run. It's tough because if you get any altitude you're SAM bait

The brief recommends against engaging

Oh I didn’t read it enough I guess. I braved the strela and shot the first one during their taxi with my gun

Guess I’ll play it again and try not engaging them but running. I’m sure self defense is also the point.

As for the triggers being in Chinese, I use the google translate app. It allows you to use your camera and translate in real time. I think certain Samsung phones do the same thing.

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Well,In the Recon,the process is like this:

First of all, you can't be detected by the radar until you reach the target point.

Secondly, you can't arrive too early. There is a time limit.

Finally, when you start to enter the mission area (altitude determination), a time trigger will be activated, which will determine the take-off of four m2ks located at Kutaisi airport. It will take a certain time (from hangar to runway) from activation to take-off of m2k.

This time is the time limit for players to complete reconnaissance tasks. If players take too long, they will be forced to fight with enemy fighters.

Well,In the Recon,the process is like this:

First of all, you can't be detected by the radar until you reach the target point.

Secondly, you can't arrive too early. There is a time limit.

Finally, when you start to enter the mission area (altitude determination), a time trigger will be activated, which will determine the take-off of four m2ks located at Kutaisi airport. It will take a certain time (from hangar to runway) from activation to take-off of m2k.

This time is the time limit for players to complete reconnaissance tasks. If players take too long, they will be forced to fight with enemy fighters.

I always get shot down by SAMs when I get to the target area. I have to gain altitude (I fly a lot of Viggen, so NOE flight is no problem for me) to see the targets they want me to recon. As soon as I pop my head above 2k ft AGL, I get mud spiked and launched.

I heard the TOT function was bugged and I was using it. I wonder if I'm showing up early and don't realize it? I thought the point of the window according to the brief was that SAMs would be off line during this window due to maintenance. I was surprised the two times I've flown it to be engaged when I gained altitude.

I always get shot down by SAMs when I get to the target area. I have to gain altitude (I fly a lot of Viggen, so NOE flight is no problem for me) to see the targets they want me to recon. As soon as I pop my head above 2k ft AGL, I get mud spiked and launched.

I heard the TOT function was bugged and I was using it. I wonder if I'm showing up early and don't realize it? I thought the point of the window according to the brief was that SAMs would be off line during this window due to maintenance. I was surprised the two times I've flown it to be engaged when I gained altitude.

Hi,

You can read the mission brief carefully, as well as the story description animation at the beginning of the mission.

There is a part to note: the rebels will send a team of units to repair Sam equipment. They arrive at a fixed time and have known intelligence, so your plane should not arrive before that time. When Sam begins to repair, he will be shut down so that he will not pose a threat to you. However, if you are found without starting the repair on Sam, it will naturally continue to work and give up the repair plan.

At the same time, never be detected by the other party's radar before this time (this is a script, but you can judge through your own RWR). When you are in the control area of the enemy, you are exposed to the radar detection range of the other party for a long time (trigger time, about 30 seconds). As a scenario, the radar of the opponent will give an alarm, so that all enemies, including the Sam, will be more alert and give up the original plan.

As the author, my suggestion is that after taking off and crossing Tbilisi City, we should fly at low altitude, use terrain to block radar signals, and ensure a certain speed to execute the scheduled route. (PopUp no earlier than the specified time), when the time arrives, you can fly freely, and the SAM of the other party will be turned off. But at the same time, the observation of five TGT points should be completed as soon as possible to avoid conflict with the other fighter (but the mission does not require that an air battle should not be carried out)

:smartass:

Ok I pulled this mission off, landed, but my score was 0 and results was 50. Is this from incorrect ID of some of the targets? It's almost impossible to make out what I'm looking at. I pop up to 25k (I wasn't doing this before, so the SA8 near WP10 was getting me), but can barely make out many of the objects. I can make out the HAWK site and the attack Helos pretty easily, but as far as the rest of the questions, I was just guessing. The train yard, in particular was impossible to identify if was a CP, fuel transfer, etc. Any more tips on this one?

PS, to beat the Mirages you simply need to get in right at 6:15 (time in the HUD) recon all the targets then turn tail on full burner to WP12 > 13. They are on a timer. By the time they launched on me the BRA call-outs had them at over 60nm, way too far to attack me. Once you get in your own SAM net near WP 14 you're good.

I have a question, the start time of the mission is 0600 but in the briefing, it says to not takeoff before 0705 and that the sams will be down at 0715. Is this supposed to be a typo and meant to be 0605 and 0615?

Loving it so far, hope that us posting in here can help you fix the little bugs.

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

I have a question, the start time of the mission is 0600 but in the briefing, it says to not takeoff before 0705 and that the sams will be down at 0715. Is this supposed to be a typo and meant to be 0605 and 0615?

Loving it so far, hope that us posting in here can help you fix the little bugs.

It'a possible there's some time zone difference I'm not aware of, so I can't say this is a bug, but yhe correct times to use on the HUD are 0605 and 0615

Hi there.

I restarted the campaign, 1st mission - got the success message after landing, exited and got a message saying "cant open debriefing file" and mission was not validated.

Did a repair of DCS beta but have no time these coming days to test again.

Previously - before last patch and before restarting the campaign, in mission 2 (with labels activated...) I identified all targets at all waypoints (maybe with 1 mistake among all the 3 choices given) and returned escaping the M2000 but after landing no success message and mission not validated.

Anyway real nice job Deka team, I'm really enjoying flying this beautyful module :)

Cheers

Edited by MetaBaron

ATCS840, Antec Quattro 1200W, Asrock X370 Taichi, R5 3600X, 2x8Gb FlareX C14, RX5700XT Nitro, 3x26" 5760x1200, TrackIr 5, TM Warthog No331, Saitek Rudder.

Hi there.

I restarted the campaign, 1st mission - got the success message after landing, exited and got a message saying "cant open debriefing file" and mission was not validated.

Did a repair of DCS beta but have no time these coming days to test again.

Previously - before last patch and before restarting the campaign, in mission 2 (with labels activated...) I identified all targets at all waypoints (maybe with 1 mistake among all the 3 choices given) and returned escaping the M2000 but after landing no success message and mission not validated.

Anyway real nice job Deka team, I'm really enjoying flying this beautyful module :)

Cheers

Hi

Your first question. About "cant open debriefing file"

I also found this problem in the beta, but it seems that it may be related to version 2.5.6, which is a problem after an upgrade. we need more time to find out the cause of this problem.

The second problem, the "Recon" Missions

I have found the reason for the error, is that a flag in a trigger named "玩家返回(失败)" marks the problem. The trigger condition is that the player does not correctly identify all five targets (at least one is wrong), or fails to complete the reconnaissance task. This issue has been fixed and will be released at the next upgrade.

:pilotfly:

Edited by JG54_NF2

Yes, This is Bug for text, I will Fix soon.

Hi

Your first question. About "cant open debriefing file"

I also found this problem in the beta, but it seems that it may be related to version 2.5.6, which is a problem after an upgrade. we need more time to find out the cause of this problem.

The second problem, the "Recon" Missions

I have found the reason for the error, is that a flag in a trigger named "玩家返回(失败)" marks the problem. The trigger condition is that the player does not correctly identify all five targets (at least one is wrong), or fails to complete the reconnaissance task. This issue has been fixed and will be released at the next upgrade.

Thank you for these infos :thumbup:

Cheers

ATCS840, Antec Quattro 1200W, Asrock X370 Taichi, R5 3600X, 2x8Gb FlareX C14, RX5700XT Nitro, 3x26" 5760x1200, TrackIr 5, TM Warthog No331, Saitek Rudder.

Strangely after the repair I flew today and got success message for mission 1 after rolling till parking place.

Mission is validated after debrief.