Smart Weapons Camera View.

GuardDog

Been awhile since flying in a air combat sim, since Falcon 4.0, and Falcon 4.0 Allied force. Now going into DCS world, and flying the A10C. I noticed something is missing, even in Youtube videos for training. What happened to smart weapons camera view? In Falcon 4.0, you could guide the weapon (maverick) to its target from the weapons mounted camera on the MFC after release. Noticed in DSC world, you can not. I forgot how to do this, weapons and terminology. But what happened, can it be done in DSC world and a A10C?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Some links had links to youtube, "video unavailable"

Just looking for the tutorial on this.

In Falcon 4.0, and allied force, could do this, after the maverick would hit, would get a message on the MFC, "single lost", or if you were to far, out of range "Single lost". I used to have fun with the mavericks, playing around, (guiding em) doing circles or what ever with em. Was laughable.

In falcon 4.0, and allied force. Used to guide the AGM-65 with the toggle hat switch. And watch the camera view mounted on or in front of the AGM-64 in MFC. When controlling, and if doing a circle would be very wide though, and then it run out, dead. But doing stuff with it, can be hilarious. Thinking about installing Falcon 4.0 allied force, to make a track, and video, or images. Will have to refresh myself.

If you would have taken the time to read the links I provided you would have learn that no AGM-65 ever used, use or will use mid course guidance from a TV/IR image. Only the laser maverick has mid course guidance. Only video from mid course guidance US weapons comes from testing missiles, AGM-62, GBU-15 and AGM-130. Non of them used by the A-10 nor the F-16.

For the AGM-62

--nFNQQU1y4

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

^

Damm...kewl stuff. Takes skill, flying, and guiding a missle, even when sams have you locked on. Recall this in Falcon 4.0 (and used AGM-65s). Surprised not in DCS. Feels like I am going through the Mandela effect, for what I seen, learned, did. And now all of a sudden only a few weapons (GBU-15, AGM-84H, AGM-130, and AGM-62 ER/DL Walleye II) are guided by the pilot (F-15E, F16, F18, F117, F-111 and some other) to its target, since 1981 (First gulf war). Lots used in Falcon 4.0, but not seeing any used in DSC.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick

Edited by GuardDog