Simple Feature request

Harlikwin

Can we have a "special option" or server side option to disable the ternav system. I know you can do it with a code, but for cold war era servers it would be nice to have the 90's era Ternav disabled by default (Can't be turned back on).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Why would you disable it?

To make the AJS go more AJ. In other words back to coldwar mode.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

To make the AJS go more AJ. In other words back to coldwar mode.

Yup. AJ didnt have ternav and some of the weapons, but from what i know it was otherwise the same plane. So its a nice option for cold war servers.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You can disable TERNAV using the CK37. I know it’s an extra step and not ideal (and I don’t remember the code off the top of my head), but the option is there.

but unforunately this doesn't work ... does it?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

You can disable TERNAV using the CK37. I know it’s an extra step and not ideal (and I don’t remember the code off the top of my head), but the option is there.

Its not about turning the TERNAV off yourself, but to force it off for clients. This way you could simulate a AJ 37 in a multiplayer environment, which would be a more suited asset in a 1970's scenario.

I myself would go a bit further and also ask to disable the respective weapons with the same option, as disabling weapons through the airfield storage is overly complicated and needs constant maintenance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not about turning the TERNAV off yourself, but to force it off for clients. This way you could simulate a AJ 37 in a multiplayer environment, which would be a more suited asset in a 1970's scenario.

I myself would go a bit further and also ask to disable the respective weapons with the same option, as disabling weapons through the airfield storage is overly complicated and needs constant maintenance.

This is exactly the reason for my request. IDK how the weapons are dealt with on the MP servers but it mainly pertains to the BK90 which is unique to the viggen so I assume its easy to "remove".

Its not only the BK90, but also the stations for the Sidewinders. The original AJ 37 could only carry two of them. This is something that cannot be dealt with through the warehouse system, but only with scripts like the one on the Blue Flag server, which blows you up, if you violate Loadout rules.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its not only the BK90, but also the stations for the Sidewinders. The original AJ 37 could only carry two of them. This is something that cannot be dealt with through the warehouse system, but only with scripts like the one on the Blue Flag server, which blows you up, if you violate Loadout rules.

Limiting the RB74s would have the same effect, and would be realistic as the AJ37 didn't carry them. Removing the 74's leaves you with the "wingtip" rails that can only carry RB24(J).

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

• 2 weeks later...

@RagnarDa @Cobra

Any chance of this guys?

I’m considering it. I don’t have the AJ37 manual I think, what would be displayed in AKTPOS/Out?

Thanks. PM sent.