Why Christen Eagle II? - Page 35 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #341
SFC Tako

Reputation power: 6
SFC Tako has a spectacular aura aboutSFC Tako has a spectacular aura aboutSFC Tako has a spectacular aura aboutSFC Tako has a spectacular aura about

Opinions, a lot of opinions.
Well, I for one don't have any. I keep all options open.
Maybe I'll get interested when I see other pilots fool around with this bird on youtube.
Or maybe not. "Wait and see" is usually a good strategy. Saves a lot of time, energy and aggravation.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:19 PM   #342
Isegrim

Reputation power: 25
Isegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of lightIsegrim is a glorious beacon of light

Everything that is Aoeronauticaly and Technically Challenging is interessting. Even Aerotowing with a Pzl 137 Wilga and two sailplanes or as an other example Amphibian Planes like the PBY Catalina.

There is no reason to not integrate such things into DCS.

New DCS World KA-50 Blackshark and SU-25 Sound?

Bitte immer neue Wattestäbchen benutzen. Nicht nachschieben!
Isegrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #343
grunf

Reputation power: 17
grunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of lightgrunf is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isegrim View Post
Everything that is Aoeronauticaly and Technically Challenging is interessting. Even Aerotowing with a Pzl 137 Wilga and two sailplanes or as an other example Amphibian Planes like the PBY Catalina.

There is no reason to not integrate such things into DCS.
Catalina would be awesome.
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:57 AM   #344
MiG21bisFishbedL

Reputation power: 10
MiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFC Tako View Post
"Wait and see" is usually a good strategy. Saves a lot of time, energy and aggravation.
Literally this. This is the best approach. I did this with the Harrier and I adore it. It never hurts to wait.

I'm still on the fence with the Eagle II. I'd like it, but frankly? Hornet and Tomcat take priority. Phantom will take priority. It'd be something I get as a curiosity later on day the road,

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:49 AM   #345
ekg

Reputation power: 3
ekg will become famous soon enoughekg will become famous soon enough

As someone who wants to fly aerobatic planes, I am very exited for this. Can't wait to try it out!
ekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #346
ZnarF

Reputation power: 0
ZnarF is on a distinguished road

Me too... really happy to fly such little plane with DCS standart...
ZnarF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:46 PM   #347
mr_mojo97

mr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura aboutmr_mojo97 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
Literally this. This is the best approach. I did this with the Harrier and I adore it. It never hurts to wait.

I'm still on the fence with the Eagle II. I'd like it, but frankly? Hornet and Tomcat take priority. Phantom will take priority. It'd be something I get as a curiosity later on day the road,
Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1070 Gaming X 8Gb | 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (DCS and OS) | 250Gb HDD | 24Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:32 AM   #348
Harle

Reputation power: 15
Harle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really niceHarle is just really nice

From Mig-21 down to this...
Harle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:03 AM   #349
MiG21bisFishbedL

MiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mojo97 View Post
Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol
It really shouldn't. DCS' scope is simply too small to make for an effective civilian sim as is the case with X-Plane and FSX. One civvie release that's obviously aimed at recouping a little funding back from the effort they put into what's literally a testbed probably won't herald an influx of 737s and A330s.

That said, it'd be nice if someone were to make a pack of civvie aircraft to serve as NPCs and traffic.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:11 AM   #350
bolek

Reputation power: 6
bolek has a spectacular aura aboutbolek has a spectacular aura aboutbolek has a spectacular aura aboutbolek has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
That said, it'd be nice if someone were to make a pack of civvie aircraft to serve as NPCs and traffic.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=214
bolek is offline   Reply With Quote