Why Christen Eagle II? - Page 35 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 AM   #341
ekg

As someone who wants to fly aerobatic planes, I am very exited for this. Can't wait to try it out!
ekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:08 PM   #342
ZnarF

Me too... really happy to fly such little plane with DCS standart...
ZnarF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #343
mr_mojo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
Literally this. This is the best approach. I did this with the Harrier and I adore it. It never hurts to wait.

I'm still on the fence with the Eagle II. I'd like it, but frankly? Hornet and Tomcat take priority. Phantom will take priority. It'd be something I get as a curiosity later on day the road,
Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol
MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (DCS and OS) | 250Gb HDD | 24Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | JetSeat | Oculus Rift CV1 | Windows 10 | VA |
mr_mojo97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #344
Harle

From Mig-21 down to this...
Harle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:03 AM   #345
MiG21bisFishbedL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_mojo97 View Post
Me too. It might be good, it might be crap. But hey when it’s on sale or it’s cheap enough to buy off the bat, I’ll prob have have.

I just hope that all the current 3rd parties don’t make this genre a priority over military aircraft that they’re so well known for. I hope with these new projects DCS actually bring in more 3rd parties that maybe are more inclined towards those kind of projects as well as mil. It’ll make DCS a fuller, well rounded and more exceptional sim for more people to enjoy.

ED just needs to sort out that ATC! Amongst other things. Lol
It really shouldn't. DCS' scope is simply too small to make for an effective civilian sim as is the case with X-Plane and FSX. One civvie release that's obviously aimed at recouping a little funding back from the effort they put into what's literally a testbed probably won't herald an influx of 737s and A330s.

That said, it'd be nice if someone were to make a pack of civvie aircraft to serve as NPCs and traffic.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:11 AM   #346
bolek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
That said, it'd be nice if someone were to make a pack of civvie aircraft to serve as NPCs and traffic.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...&postcount=214
bolek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 10:23 AM   #347
bkthunder

I like the CE2. Having flown Pitts IRL, I think DCS is the best simulator to simulate gyroscopic maneuvers, tumble rolls etc (provided the FM is up to par).

So I will definitely buy it, as long as the MiG-21 starts to get some proper progress.
Old 03-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #348
FlyNeX

I think best move will be this one instead CE2... It is military trainer, like Yak-52... more sense, my opinion.
FlyNeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 01:24 AM   #349
AlphaSimulations

I don't care what people think, the Christen Eagle II is worth buying to me. It is $30, full fidelity, and offers more diversity as a new aircraft into DCS than a Tu-22 or A-6. (Don't get me wrong, they're both good but so classified.) 3rd party developers should be able to decide on whatever module they want to make, and that is what makes them so unique than the community. Places like hoggit have thrashed this, but in any case, this module will get the same criticism as the Spitfire got to its performance...

It's not the best plane, that I will admit. But if you had to choose between the Christen Eagle II and the Westland Wyvern, would you really pick the 2nd option? Think about it...

Sirius
Modder

Official updates account representing
behalf of the Alpha Simulations team.

Mods by Alpha Simulations
AlphaSimulations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #350
Kev2go

Not happy with this choice. Especially given developers came from something like the Mig21. This choice is a complete surprise. Why they chose such a Niche within an already Niche community coming from a Big iconic seller like the Mig21 is beyond me. If this is a mere by product of an official contract ( Like the Yak 52) thats a different story, but im sure this would have been clarfied if it was the actual case,

IF any Piston aircraft I would have expected a Zeke or a Corsair ( which they had wanted to go for)

Just not into in pure civilian aircraft, but there are plenty other sims that are dedicated for civilian aircraft.

Sure as a user Im in not in not in an actual position to tell developers what choose to develop but I can still protest with my wallet, as they won't be seeing a purchase on this module from me.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Nctua NH14S ),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD

Last edited by Kev2go; 04-15-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote