Magnitude MiG-23? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #11
PabstBleuRibbon

Reputation power: 3
PabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enoughPabstBleuRibbon will become famous soon enough

My kingdom for an M3 Su-17M4!!!!
PabstBleuRibbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 10:43 PM   #12
MiG21bisFishbedL

Reputation power: 10
MiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronin View Post
I know they said they aren't doing it, but I really hope its just a ruse.

It shares 80% of systems with the MiG-21, they said they'd do one eventually, and I don't see what other module they could have developed so quickly with nobody knowing what it is.
I don't recall ever saying they'd do the Flogger, eventually.

They said they'd like to, I know that.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 11:22 PM   #13
Pronin

Reputation power: 2
Pronin will become famous soon enoughPronin will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
I don't recall ever saying they'd do the Flogger, eventually.

They said they'd like to, I know that.
https://youtu.be/pbU-UCKd3b0?t=10m48s

Things change though.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:56 PM   #14
Buzzles

Reputation power: 16
Buzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really niceBuzzles is just really nice

Quote:
I don't see what other module they could have developed so quickly with nobody knowing what it is.
"quickly"?

It was publically said before the company split there were multiple teams. Some of the staffers were on the Viggen and Tomcat teams who moved to Heatblur, and the remaining staffers working on something else and became M3.

They've split, and the something else has stayed with LN/M3.

You'll probably find this unknown module has got at least 18 months of dev behind it already.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:09 AM   #15
Pronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
"quickly"?

It was publically said before the company split there were multiple teams. Some of the staffers were on the Viggen and Tomcat teams who moved to Heatblur, and the remaining staffers working on something else and became M3.

They've split, and the something else has stayed with LN/M3.

You'll probably find this unknown module has got at least 18 months of dev behind it already.
18 months isn't quick to you?

MiG-21 took 4 years, and the F-18 has been going for god knows how long.
Old 08-24-2017, 12:29 AM   #16
Beamscanner

Reputation power: 5
Beamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterH View Post
Yup, found it, here as official as it gets currently:

https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck...%3A%22R9%22%7D
Quote:
Well it sounds like they are the ones with the licence for the MiG-23, but maybe not something we will see anytime soon.
Beamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:30 AM   #17
MiG21bisFishbedL

Reputation power: 10
MiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really niceMiG21bisFishbedL is just really nice

Quote:
That still isn't proof positive, however I had not seen that and it's a lot more positive than what I had previously seen. So, that's cool! But, the information from March is a damp cloth.

Move MiG. For great justice. You know what you doing. Take off every MiG.
CH Combatstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:33 AM   #18
MBot
Veteran

Reputation power: 53
MBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to allMBot is a name known to all

Considering the current manpower situation at Magnitude 3 (as far as we know), the short development cycle and the apparent advanced stage of the module, I think we should expect a very simple aircraft. In my opinion the MiG-23 doesn't sound probable at this point, except perhaps for the MiG-23MS.

If they still have some connection to the Marines, perhaps the OV-10A Bronco?
MBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:46 AM   #19
Pronin

MiG-23 is a simple aircraft when compared to most other modules.

The fact that it was supposedly developed in such short time makes the MiG-23 a good guess, as it is so similar.

Again, it's most likely not a MiG-23, but there is some decent evidence towards it

1: They made the MiG-21 and it shares so many systems with MiG-23
2: They finished it fairly fast, so it would make sense for it to be something that is very similar to the 21
3: They said they will be doing one eventually, all though this was almost 3 years ago
4: MiG-23 mod and Razbam module were mysteriously shut down with the reason being locked behind an NDA
Old 08-24-2017, 04:15 AM   #20
Beamscanner

Reputation power: 5
Beamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the roughBeamscanner is a jewel in the rough

MBot,

The MiG-23S model flew with the Jaybird radar just like the MiG-21Bis, and either had no RWR or the SPO-10 (same as the MiG-21).

Though I hope if we ever get a MiG-23 it will have the Highlark radar instead, which supports new weapon systems like the AA-7 Apex.

EDIT: a late model MiG-23 would definitely require a LOT of work. Certainly more than 18 months of work.

Last edited by Beamscanner; 08-24-2017 at 04:25 AM.
Beamscanner is offline   Reply With Quote