GTX 1070 prices through the roof!

Recently sold my R9 295X2 in less than 4 hours on eBay.

Miners love that card for whatever reason. I was surprised at how fast it went.

Turned around and bought an evga 1080 TI next day which was delivered in 3 days.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0

It runs DCS fairly well at 1900x1200. I'm seeing them for sale around 450. It runs most settings on high. Some FPS loss in MP. But that could easily be reduced with some setting changes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Latest news from today indicate that Bitcoin lost about half its value since the all-time-high in December (from 20,000$ down to less than 10,000$), and taking other crypto currencies down with it.

Now 10,000$ is still about 5 times the value from about a year ago. But I've read terms like "bubble" and "about to burst" so often during these past couple of months that I'm wondering if this is finally it.

As for GFX prices, I bit the bullet and got a 1070 ti which is hopefully going to keep me company for a good long while. But I certainly wouldn't mind if GFX prices went back down to a more reasonable level rather quickly.

Latest news from today indicate that Bitcoin lost about half its value since the all-time-high in December (from 20,000$ down to less than 10,000$), and taking other crypto currencies down with it.

Now 10,000$ is still about 5 times the value from about a year ago. But I've read terms like "bubble" and "about to burst" so often during these past couple of months that I'm wondering if this is finally it.

As for GFX prices, I bit the bullet and got a 1070 ti which is hopefully going to keep me company for a good long while. But I certainly wouldn't mind if GFX prices went back down to a more reasonable level rather quickly.

Etherrum and bitcoin are not going any where. These spikes are part of the game. Etherum fell to $770 yday and today its again touching $1000. In last 8 months, my two 1070s have not only fully paid their price but also paid off all off the gaming PC price. Now its all a bonus.

However, point to be noted is that bitcoin gained its value due to the fact that in the beginning it had low transaction fees and ease of payment. However, now the bitcoin trasaction fees is too high and network is over loaded and slow making it more expensive than the centralized financial system. I dont see a good future for bitcoin.

However etherum is the next bitcoin according to my opinion. The transaction fees and very low and system is fast. And currently 1070s are one of the best mining cards.

The price drop was temporary. It will go up again. So dont get ur hopes too high for the price drop in VGA cards.

Etherrum and bitcoin are not going any where. These spikes are part of the game. Etherum fell to $770 yday and today its again touching $1000. In last 8 months, my two 1070s have not only fully paid their price but also paid off all off the gaming PC price. Now its all a bonus.

However, point to be noted is that bitcoin gained its value due to the fact that in the beginning it had low transaction fees and ease of payment. However, now the bitcoin trasaction fees is too high and network is over loaded and slow making it more expensive than the centralized financial system. I dont see a good future for bitcoin.

However etherum is the next bitcoin according to my opinion. The transaction fees and very low and system is fast. And currently 1070s are one of the best mining cards.

The price drop was temporary. It will go up again. So dont get ur hopes too high for the price drop in VGA cards.

+1 ; + ETH is next btc

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

So if mining gets you paid in BTC, doesn't that mean it's only half as lucrative as it was 3 weeks ago?

Not completely. Since you are mining alt coins on your GPU, the rate depends on the alt to BTC ratio and the BTC to local currency ratio. When BTC takes a hit alt to BTC ratios often improve.

Hi Yurgon

Here are my system specs:

ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

AMD FX-8350 8 Core 4.01 GHz

Water Cooled

16 Gig Corsair RAM

GeForce GTX 750 Ti

27" Monitor @ 1910x1080

I don't see myself using VR simply because I am too crippled to twist around looking overhead and behind (like in a real plane). This is one of the things I do like TrackIR over VR.

But as it turns out, my Motherboard is only PCIE 2.0

The 1080 video cards all seem to be PCIE 3.0

While I could plug a new card in, my system wouldn't be able to take advantage of the PCIE 3 benefits (whatever they are ?).

SO .. I will have to look for some other alternative for now maybe which will hopefully at least make DCS World 2 (NTTR and WW2 maps) playable which they currently are not ... especially the latter.

Any Suggestions ?

PS> I don't have any SSD's

I just don't see the value yet because load times are still too long even for those IMO and the storage capacity is costly. That said, it is an addition I will consider in the future. It's not a priority right now. Furthermore ... I HATE reloading Windows and Software and Updates etc. Drives me NUTS !

man we are like in the same boat.

got the same CPU and a rx840 (before was an 750ti).

and well... not only the prices here in Argentina are astronomical, i was tempted to buy a 1080ti and forget about gpu for a while but of course my CPU and sistem will hold it back for a lot and now im facing a $2000 (in fact, more than that) for my next upgrade.

RIP.

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

So if mining gets you paid in BTC, doesn't that mean it's only half as lucrative as it was 3 weeks ago?

if you cash it in, yes :doh:. i don't, :smilewink: i will hold it till its back to better rates, it almost is actually.

it goes up & down, just stay calm. lokk only 1-2 x per day and then forget the rate.

ETH, well, i partly mine eth as well and that is one of a few coins i keep as they are mined.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

man we are like in the same boat.

got the same CPU and a rx840 (before was an 750ti).

and well... not only the prices here in Argentina are astronomical, i was tempted to buy a 1080ti and forget about gpu for a while but of course my CPU and sistem will hold it back for a lot and now im facing a $2000 (in fact, more than that) for my next upgrade.

RIP.

how's your mining going ?

the amd rx480 is a perfect eth card btw

how's your mining going ?

the amd rx480 is a perfect eth card btw

i dont know... i dont know in where i ****ed something up on the app... im mining at $0.16 per MONTH. lmao.

i just checked my Electricity bill and im paying U$D0.06 wat/h . lol i think thas cheap right?

Edited by shonist

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

LOL, how is that even possible? I get more than that per day with CPU mining. Something is seriously messed up with your configuration.

I'm averaging about $4-6 per half day (use it the other half) with nicehash with my GTX 1080 TI + i7-8700k at a locked 4.7 GHz (non-gaming daily setting, under-volted). Admittedly the GTX 1080 TI is bit more potent than an RX 480 8GB but it isn't *that* different.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

i was in $4 per day... dont know what happened... im minning "unspec. skein" I THINK.

im not really sure. maybe is that...

edit: okey now 2$ a day mining eth from mining pool hub...

Edited by shonist

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

i dont know... i dont know in where i ****ed something up on the app... im mining at $0.16 per MONTH. lmao.

i just checked my Electricity bill and im paying U$D0.06 wat/h . lol i think thas cheap right?

$0.06 per watt hour would be pretty expensive. $0.06 per kilowatt hour (I assume what you meant) is super cheap by US standards. Where are you?

$0.06 per watt hour would be pretty expensive. $0.06 per kilowatt hour (I assume what you meant) is super cheap by US standards. Where are you?

yes, sorry. kWh. last bill is for 515 kwh (2months) AR$464 that would be 24USD

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

WIN 10

U can trade etherium directly. There are several websites which offer p2p sale. Direct credit in Bank account. Bitcoin is not involved.

i was in $4 per day... dont know what happened... im minning "unspec. skein" I THINK.

im not really sure. maybe is that...

edit: okey now 2$ a day mining eth from mining pool hub...

MPH is not the actual profit miners eldorado. Try AHASH in awesome miner, far far better payment.

check your btc balance same hour every day, and check how many btc you make per day, average. That is what counts. The $ value is a stock exchange rate thing that fluctuates like mad.