Hellcat or Corsair? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-08-2017, 10:34 PM   #1
carss

Default Hellcat or Corsair?

I recall LN announcing somewhere that the Corsair was in the pipeline for DCS. I also did see a pic of the Hellcat in the background on the LN website.

Which of these two are in the works and how far have they come if they are?

There is nothing more beautiful than a little Sabre Dance
carss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Buzzles

Background art on the LN website is just background art. The F-4 for example is a render of past work a team member did for another dev team for FSX iirc. They've never said they're doing a Hellcat.

Corsair last we heard was on hold while they were working on other projects (Viggen and F-14). I'd imagine they'll pick it up again soon.
Buzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
Kev2go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzles View Post
Background art on the LN website is just background art. The F-4 for example is a render of past work a team member did for another dev team for FSX iirc. They've never said they're doing a Hellcat.

Corsair last we heard was on hold while they were working on other projects (Viggen and F-14). I'd imagine they'll pick it up again soon.
The viggen is out already . Its a finished project, save for the Map they have planned for it, and of course mandatory bug crunching of a new release.

Otherwise it seems they are focused soley on the F14.

Build:

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z370- E Motherboard, Intel Core i7 8700k ( Nctua NH14S ),Crucial Ballistix DDR4 16gb ram (2400 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia Gtx 1080 8gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; WD 1TB HDD, samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD, Samsing evo 850 pro 512 gb SSD
Kev2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #4
Dolphin887
3rd Party Developer

Corsair is unfortunate remnant of "Pacific theatre" set of aircraft we had plans to develop 3 years ago.
It was mostly me who was working on it since I had to make some research to prepare myself and a tem for large Pacific project (many human and AI planes, ships, ground units, and a map) and I needed single-piston-engine aircraft. Corsair was good enough for that purpose, since other aircraft had no finished-functional 3d model.

NOTE: even the Corsair hadn't finished 3d model, but it was looking good enough.

Corsair was in a good shape back in 2015 and beginning of 2016, but then mostly abandoned due to our internal problems.

I felt bad about that aircraft, having a feeling it will go down the drain eventually, so we made a deal to take it, giving some of our rights in return.

I hope it will be well done and accepted once we shift our focus to it again. It's very interesting aircraft. The most impressive is it's size and power, at least to me.

Dolphin887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:46 PM   #5
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Send a message via MSN to Silver_Dragon

Dophin877 the Corsair has not the main project actually to a new module by Magnitud3?

if not, what era and / or plane has actually in the target by the team?

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104115
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube
Spanish 4Th Perrus Squadon Member: http://www.4thperrus.com
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:47 PM   #6
javelina1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin887 View Post
Corsair is unfortunate remnant of "Pacific theatre" set of aircraft we had plans to develop 3 years ago.
It was mostly me who was working on it since I had to make some research to prepare myself and a tem for large Pacific project (many human and AI planes, ships, ground units, and a map) and I needed single-piston-engine aircraft. Corsair was good enough for that purpose, since other aircraft had no finished-functional 3d model.

NOTE: even the Corsair hadn't finished 3d model, but it was looking good enough.

Corsair was in a good shape back in 2015 and beginning of 2016, but then mostly abandoned due to our internal problems.

I felt bad about that aircraft, having a feeling it will go down the drain eventually, so we made a deal to take it, giving some of our rights in return.

I hope it will be well done and accepted once we shift our focus to it again. It's very interesting aircraft. The most impressive is it's size and power, at least to me.
Looking forward to when you can give her some love again. Love to fly her! Thanks for the insight.

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 39" Samsung HDTV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:49 PM   #7
WinterH

Dolphin, out of curiosity, are loadouts for the Corsair decided on yet, if so, does it have Tiny Tim rockets for example.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 AM   #8
Dolphin887
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterH View Post
Dolphin, out of curiosity, are loadouts for the Corsair decided on yet, if so, does it have Tiny Tim rockets for example.
We did not get to the point of weapons implementation, apart from internal guns. Once we restart development, we will equip the Corsair with everything it historically had - provided we can implement it.

Dolphin887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #9
Medic8ed

Best wishes during this transition and I certainly hope everything goes well with the corsair development! Definitely a day one purchase for me!
Medic8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #10
Cunctator

Dito. I love the Corsair, can't wait for the day when I can fly it in DCS.
Cunctator is offline   Reply With Quote